Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupation. What do you do.??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I'm a trained Tiler, but I also have NVQ plumbing, and lots of experience in Property Maintenance. So I tile most of the time, but also do bathroom installations and plumbing (Not a Gas/Heating Engineer sort of Plumber). Love the variety, but times have been hard since I started up nearly 3 yrs ago.

    Out of school I trained as an accountant for 3 yrs and didn't like it. Went on to work in Payroll -paying wages to employee's and making payments to HMRC/pension providers/CSA and all the other things you see deducted from your gross pay.

    When I was first learning this hobby about 4 yrs ago, I worked in an office and the hours suited me to go flying more. My current job has much longer hours, but has potential to be much more rewarding. Times have been hard, but I have a growing bunch of repeat customers, and now finding other reliable tradesmen I work with and we can pass work to each other. Hoping this recession ends soon, as now I'm a starting to get established, and got all the tools, I can hopefully look forward to making some money soon.

    I need a big job to fund next years heli project's!!
    T-Rex600N,T-Rex450V3(Stolen),Belt-Cp(sold),CX2,mCPx,DX6i

    Comment


    • Retired!
      love it!

      Comment


      • I'm a computer programmer, mostly writing and maintaining server systems written on C++ , running on Linux. I had little bit to do with the most recent revision of the language "C++11". Currently I work in not very fashionable sector, finance, in not very popular place called "City".
        Trex 450 DFC with AR7200BX and several small E-flite Blades

        proud wearer of one EGS sigpic

        Comment


        • Re: Occupation. What do you do.??

          I'm a cop. It's ok, but I also have an honours degree in aero engineering and I miss the technical aspects of engineering so looking at going back to engineering, possibly offshore.

          Comment


          • :) I'm an IT architect, though I spend more times in meetings and on conference calls these days than doing something that could be widely recognised as work ...
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment


            • occupation: a regular activity performed for payment - I wish I always could do just enough to not getting laid off ...

              I work in the it security industry for 17 years now, seen everything, designed everything, sold everything, secured everything that has a certain brand, name or value ... started off hacking people (social engineering) rather than systems as I had done systems from when I was 9 or 10 ... had extensive travels in my path and now are on a more relaxed role, just enough to keep me interested ...

              its simple as technology changes but people are still "living" in the 90s they just pretend to have matured ...

              if I could I would run my own bar on a tropical island and be my own best guest - delivery time, still pending - better sooner than later
              Sev

              ---
              Thunder Tiger E700 BD3SX
              Trex 700E DFC HV BD3SX (Night Flyer)
              Trex 450L DFC BD3SX
              Trex 150 PRO DFC
              Blade Nano CP X
              Blade mCP X v2
              Blade 130X
              DJI Inspire 1
              DJI Phantom 2 iOSDmini
              EMAX Nighthawk 280 Pro FPV Racer
              EMAX 250 Pro V2 FPV Racer

              Futaba 18MZ
              Phoenix V5, AccuRC, neXt & RX2SIM
              ​
              MK Heli Club MKMAA

              Proud Owner of:

              Comment


              • Ive been in the royal air force now for 4 years as a aircraft technician. Ive been to afghan, canada, vegas, all over uk n cyprus. I cant complain
                Trex 550L Gpro
                Trex 550 vbar night flyer
                Revolectrix PL8/MPA/Silver 5500 packs
                Spektrum DX9
                RealFlight 6.5

                Comment


                • Occupation. What do you do.??

                  Telecoms engineer aka from my company The Trainee,
                  I started as a bar tender then realized my life needs to be changed fast, went back to uni, did my diploma, got some experience and moved to the uk (from sa) could not find work for months, applied as a joke to be a trainee and been doing that for a year now where I kept getting told to go contracting as its £250 a day as I have the knowledge and experience but my company thinks other wise,

                  Kinda funny having to explain to the guy "training you" how the telecoms core architecture works and yet HR tells me I am not qualified to be a engineer lol, just laugh and wait for the job while I can't do anything as the mrs is also trying so hard to get back into the airport industry, I should go have a word with Richard Brandson

                  Is it not funny if you ask for help on anything people will help, well most of them but as soon as you mention I need help with a job then it's like sorry I'm a zombie me no speak english, just a food for thought

                  Comment


                  • I was a Highly qualified Volvo truck Mechanic, worked my way through the roles upto branch manager. Which was handy as I broke my back in a motorbike accident and cant do cant lifting now. But that job was great, travelled europe, dealt with customers made some good friends.

                    But ended up being made redundant, and I split from my Mrs so moved back to Crewe. And ill be honest im struggling to find work. Either im over qualified or not what were looking for or they just dont answer you. I am currently working in a charity shop, the money is shit, but I love the job. I work with disabled people of all types all day long and get a real buzz out of it (My little brother is disabled too). Its just a pity this job wont last, as its only temporary and i expect it to end when the lady Im covering for maternity leave returns. SO im working my ass off to make myself indispensable! LOL

                    I also did some work as a cabbie for my mates Private hire firm, but had my badge taken off me by an over zealous council official. I picked up a very drunk, very vunerable young girl and took her home for free. They followed me in a police car and did me for it as soon as I had escorted her to her door and mades sure she got home safe.

                    The job market has really dried up atm, I remember when I could literally walk from one job to another with my qualifications. Now it seems a dis advantage as they all want to pay peanuts for a job and employ robots, not dedicated hard working staff! [/rant]
                    Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
                    Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


                    Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

                    Collector of SAB Goblins

                    Comment


                    • Me I'm a maintenance engineer in the food industry. Been doing it for 6 years now. Been with my employer since the start as an apprentice and am now qualified. We have been fortunate to not really feel the recession which considering we make frozen desserts is a surprise. Yea cant complain really could be better but it definitely could be worse and they are now funding my training to become a qualified electrician so not all bad.

                      Comment


                      • After 27 years in my last job wife decided she wants to move so in her search for a home fell in love with one in Northampton so now here we are & best thing we ever done except ive been out of work for 5 months & although don't need to work im really now wanting to so anyone in this area wanting a employee im ready to start.
                        Last edited by tourerjim; 27-12-2012, 07:14 AM.
                        Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                        • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                        • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                        • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                        • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                        • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                        • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                        Comment


                        • Re: Occupation. What do you do.??

                          I thought I would update my occupation as I was made redundant from my last job as a projectionist. I now work in IT for a Photographers but one of the main areas in the job is working with Photoshop dealing with requests from parents and schools. Ranging from removing spots to whole face swaps etc





                          Comment


                          • freelance software developer (ahem shameless plug : [url=http://ifblock.com]if block[/url])

                            Comment


                            • [QUOTE=discoferret;949747]I thought I would update my occupation as I was made redundant from my last job as a projectionist. I now work in IT for a Photographers but one of the main areas in the job is working with Photoshop dealing with requests from parents and schools. Ranging from removing spots to whole face swaps etc[/QUOTE]
                              This is my hobby but spending to many hours on it trouble is its addictive.
                              Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                              • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                              • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                              • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                              • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                              • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                              • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Occupation. What do you do.??

                                Working as a r&d technical director for one of VFX companies in Soho (we make Dr who, merlin and tons of beer/car adverts) , but my dream job is a warlord in Scotland, hopefully I'll make it one day :-)
                                Michal

                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X