Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Occupation. What do you do.??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Power station engineer :)

    [IMG]http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a508/Mattpamplin/0611fa53c2c12d86a36653896fb7591e_zps5a52b9f0.jpg[/IMG]

    Great job, I get to see some very expensive and interesting stuff, electricity is taken for granted massively.
    Matt

    Comment


    • I have been a bit of a career "tart" having been an Train Driver on London Underground, a flying instructor then qualified as UK Commercial Pilot but couldn't find a job (early 90's) now lapsed, computer programmer, database administrator, engineer and support consultant, trained as a driving instructor but didn't like it, and more recently ran my own Computer Shop selling, upgrading and repairing computers and network services.

      Now, not really doing much as my wife has taken early retirement due to health and I have sold the shop and I am just doing the odd bit of repair work from word of mouth and run a web design and hosting business for local customers... nothing big.

      I am seriously considering applying to the Police when they next recruit (yes they are still recruiting!) possibly in April. I need something more substantial and more of a challenge... we'll see.
      Paul

      MCPX
      E-Flight Blade 450X / AR7200BX
      Align Trex 450 Pro DFC / AR7200BX

      Planks - WOT 4 Foam E

      Comment


      • Re: Occupation. What do you do.??

        1st post for me :) so I will say hi first!
        As for my career I install cat5 and cat6 data cable and also fibre optic data. In addition to this I also terminate the cable in the coms room and user end.

        Comment


        • Re: Occupation. What do you do.??

          [QUOTE=PaulChurchley;949924]

          I am seriously considering applying to the Police when they next recruit (yes they are still recruiting!) possibly in April. I need something more substantial and more of a challenge... we'll see.[/QUOTE]

          My advice is don't if you are qualified for other things. Most people are trying to get out, including me!

          Comment


          • I work for a large Aircraft Manufacturer, providing the Engineering support for certification of new products, and improvements in the existing products.

            Comment


            • Still do the same thing:-
              [COLOR=#333333]I am a Support Engineer working in the Offshore Gas supply Industry[/COLOR]
              [COLOR=#333333]I am office based, the only thing different from my original post is I have let my Offshore survival ticket lapse, too old to go offshore now[/COLOR]

              Comment


              • Occupation. What do you do.??

                [QUOTE=meggark;949987]My advice is don't if you are qualified for other things. Most people are trying to get out, including me![/QUOTE]

                Brothers are police officers.
                Both weapons trained but now one is computer based and the other got fed up guarding and went to a police force as a bobby.
                Shit job but he loves dealing with the scumbags (80%) of his job.
                Personally I think it is his alpha male aggression attitude that gets him by.
                So in essence, if you are an adrenalin junkie that don't mind shit working hours and conditions with the rest of the stuff for a good pension then maybe it's for you.
                Me personally I would not fancy it.
                1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

                Comment


                • I am a dog handler and i enjoy it very much its brill to work with dogs

                  Comment


                  • General Manager of Threeway (precision) sheet Metal LTD
                    i started there in 1989 as a general assistant 23 years later still there love it :driving:
                    TREX 600E PRO FLYBARED
                    TREX 600N LE FLYBARLESS
                    TREX 550 FBL DFC BEAST X
                    BLADE 130X
                    SPEKTRUM DX18QQ

                    Comment


                    • Occupation. What do you do.??

                      I work in housing development for one of the London boroughs. We have about 800 new homes in the pipeline so at least some ppl are still building in the UK :)

                      Comment


                      • Student, Currently going through first year at University of Loughborough studying Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
                        TREX 700E DFC SK540

                        TREX 550E AR7200BX

                        Logo 400SE SK540

                        Check Out My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/pocoyo2212?feature=mhee

                        Comment


                        • [QUOTE=Rcmad;950433]its brill to work with dogs[/QUOTE]

                          I'm a taxi driver and work with dogs late at night too.:D

                          Most of them are p!ssed and don't like paying the fare.:(

                          Comment


                          • Occupation. What do you do.??

                            Grease monkey,, main dealer BMW
                            TREX 600 pro V-BAR

                            TREX 500 V-BAR
                            DFC

                            BLADE 130x

                            DX7

                            PHOENIX




                            Comment


                            • Occupation. What do you do.??

                              Grease monkey,, main dealer VW yuck!
                              2nd place sports class, Helifest 2015
                              Proud member of Frontier RC Association

                              Gaui X7 Formula Vbar
                              500 Pro Vbar
                              Trex 450 L Dominator Vbar
                              Oxy 3 Kbar

                              Comment


                              • [QUOTE=DRM Black7;950584]Grease monkey,, main dealer VW yuck![/QUOTE]

                                Yesterday I just picked up my new 12 plate VW CC 2.0TDI 170bhp BlueMotion.

                                Lovely top of the range car although this morning I noticed both headlights have condensation inside them.

                                Already rung the dealer asking for new replacements.:(
                                Attached Files

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X