Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying in the street

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gate88 View Post
    i'm sorry.

    I thought you were presenting this as some sort of dangerous flying video?


    You understand that just dangling a heli off your ridiculously long ariel with a bit of fishing string isn't "flying" or "dangerous"?

    lol..
    Yes the big sigpic is coming back

    Comment


    • Originally posted by milly0812 View Post
      Paddy is that your son ? Lmao

      ??? are you drinking? lol
      Yes the big sigpic is coming back

      Comment


      • That video was brought to you by the HSE

        I think the the only risk there was to his reputation

        What was the strange shiney thing sticking out the tx ?
        T Rex 600 n pro, Raptor 50 ( on the build table) T Rex 500 , Nano and a Blade 450 ,T Rex 250 ( still in box )
        Aroura 9 , FF9 with specky mod , dx6i
        Oh and loads of Planks.

        Comment


        • Jason Krause is KING! Still more entertaining to watch than most other pros.
          .......unless otherwise stated, all opinions are my own.

          Comment


          • Flying in the street

            Originally posted by milly0812 View Post
            Wow.........look what happens when it rains all weekend ? ....................Can I recommend 'Man v Food ' Watching a fat man eat a 6 lb burrito is way more entertaining :-)
            NOOOOOO! They might choke! Do they realise how dangerous that could be!

            Comment


            • I wonder if I might ask something a little strange about this thread.
              It's a genuinely honest and impartial question and might relate somewhat to experiences I've had in other areas.

              How many of the people who think the kind of flying exhibited in the OP is dangerously stupid can fly advanced 3d in more or less total control?

              How many of the people who think it's HSE gone mad can fly advanced 3D in more or less total control?

              Please be honest with your responses.
              D
              .......unless otherwise stated, all opinions are my own.

              Comment


              • I fly all my Heli's in my back garden, mostly the 500's.
                Does that make me irresponsible?

                Comment


                • The problem with flying in public areas as far as I see it is that it is actually nothing to do with the pilots ability. Clearly, if you are a beginner and don't have control then you are asking for trouble but let us say you are a very competent flyer in whatever you are doing... either just hovering or 3D. This issue then is not about pilot capability but failures. You might be the best pilot in the world but if you get a failure, perhaps a servo goes or something, then all bets are off and you have a dangerous missile on your hands.

                  I have mixed feelings about flying in public in general. I think that we should be able to fly in public spaces providing we take sensible precautions and go about it with respect and regard for others. There are several posts on this thread that seem to suggest that just because they don't mind having their car damaged, or they don't mind getting hit by a 130X, then everyone else shouldn't mind either. That is disrespectful and selfish. Fly in public areas... yes why not if you are sensible and respectful.

                  But this is the problem... to be sensible and respectful we need to be mindful of the chance of failures and so we do need to be a significant distance from others and others people's property and I think many people here disregard that point.

                  Finally there is the issue of insurance. I am a strong believer that if we want to do this hobby then we should not cause harm or distresss to others as a result and so I would not fly AT ANY TIME OR ANYWHERE if it meant that I wouldn't have insurance. Even if I am sensible and respectful things can go wrong and people can get hurt and I couldn't live with myself if someone got hit and seriously hurt as a result of my flying. That would be bad enough but if they then didn't have access to the proper medical care and support they need and that only insurance can offer then I would be mortified.

                  So yes, why not fly in public spaces but only with proper respect for others and that means making sure you have insurance and that there is sufficient space to allow for failures. Having insurance probably means you need the landowners consent so flying in the street would probably not be appropriate.

                  This thread is not about H&S gone mad... it is about us carrying on our hobby with proper respect for others and if you don't have that respect then it gives all R/C heli flyers a bad name and ultimately it might result in even less places for us to fly legimately in the future if the public see us as irresponsible and selfish.
                  Last edited by 450man; 10-02-2013, 10:43 AM.
                  Paul

                  MCPX
                  E-Flight Blade 450X / AR7200BX
                  Align Trex 450 Pro DFC / AR7200BX

                  Planks - WOT 4 Foam E

                  Comment


                  • Re: Flying in the street

                    Skip to 2:26

                    OVER 18 ONLY !!

                    I was expecting worse.......
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSW_2bffQ8Y&sns=em
                    ​SWRCH , Oh.. And a Helix 700 Gasser, Hv with SK540.....with SAB HPS head.

                    Comment


                    • Bliddy hell!
                      Kimi Raikonnen's brother and his stoner mates go nuts on a whiteout day!

                      Originally posted by Baldie View Post
                      Skip to 2:26

                      OVER 18 ONLY !!

                      I was expecting worse.......
                      The Dudesons Season 4 Episode 4 Part 2/3 *THE BATTLE ROBOT* - YouTube
                      .......unless otherwise stated, all opinions are my own.

                      Comment


                      • Good Post 450man, just about sums it up in a nutshell

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jimmyhorns View Post
                          Well, the energy stored in the rotor disc of a 130x is about 36J.

                          so based on a finger measuring 0.01 meters (1cm) in diameter, the average force applied to the finger, if its going to remove all energy from the disc, is 3600N

                          This assumes that there is no extra energy being driven into the rotor disc (i.e. you are in throttle hold). If the motor is being driven then it will be significantly more than this. It also assumes that all energy is being transferred from one system to another, which in reality wont happen.

                          With those numbers though, im certainly not going to be putting my finger through a rotor disc. Ring avulsion (amputation) injuries in adults have been reported with forces of around 150N, so even if 10% of the energy of the disc is transferred to the finger this would be more than sufficient. In a child you also have to remember that the bones have not fully ossified (i.e. they are more flexible than bone, but much easier to cut through)
                          are you serious have you heard yourself ?? get a life and leave people like us alone.. when i say people like us i mean, normal and not stuck up about something nobody gives a s..t about.

                          Comment


                          • If this thread had been started in June it would be one page long lol.

                            Soon be spring,showers instead of washouts,happy people not moany people.....

                            Flying not bitching

                            BRING IT ON
                            T- rex 600n V-bar
                            Logo 550sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                            Comment


                            • Flying in the street

                              I need to take up crochet ..........damn no I might take my eye out
                              sigpic


                              Rave ENV Nitro
                              New Logo 550
                              Synergy N5c
                              TSA 700E night flier
                              I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                              5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                              Comment


                              • Wow talk about storm in a tea cup.

                                Everyone needs to get out and do some flying.
                                Matt

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X