Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying in the street

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by BASS 666 View Post
    jesus, think of the sh.t he would be in if he flew his hoover in the street..
    Why doesn't it surprise me that it's been tried ? ...

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3pQpj2tNI0
    Last edited by tomatwalden; 10-02-2013, 12:29 AM. Reason: wrong link! - oops
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #92
      i think what the point is the RC world in the uk is not that big and rc helicopters is a very small community
      and with the small helicopters now becoming very cheap im sure we will see a lot more people flying them in the streets and small parks and also a lot of people that do not have insurance
      and its forums like this that can only help to advise people to be more responsible and invest in getting there A certificates and insurance and hopefully show them the road to the code of practice that is set out in the guide lines by the BMFA and RCHA
      as we all know its very hard to find fields that will let us fly and enjoy this hobbie
      and sadly in to days world a small incident with a small heli will get blown out of proportion and will have a knock on effect and only make it harder for us to continue our hobbie
      i do not condone some one flying a small heli in the street but i would tap them on the shoulder and point the in the right direction
      Last edited by smokingtommy; 10-02-2013, 12:35 AM.

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
        Why doesn't it surprise me that it's been tried ? ...

        Flying Hoover - YouTube
        ?????????????????????? sorry mate its a diff link at the top of the page..
        Last edited by BASS 666; 10-02-2013, 12:36 AM.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by BASS 666 View Post
          ?????????????????????? sorry mate its a diff link at the top of the page..
          Yup, I cut n pasted the wrong link originally. Fixed now ...
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by smokingtommy View Post
            i think what the point is the RC world in the uk is not that big and rc helicopters is a very small community
            and with the small helicopters now becoming very cheap im sure we will see a lot more people flying them in the streets and small parks and also a lot of people that do not have insurance
            and its forums like this that can only help to advise people to be more responsible and invest in getting there A certificates and insurance and hopefully show them the road to the code of practice that is set out in the guide lines by the BMFA and RCHA
            as we all know its very hard to find fields that will let us fly and enjoy this hobbie
            and sadly in to days world a small incident with a small heli will get blown out of proportion and will have a knock on effect and only make it harder for us to continue our hobbie
            i do not condone some one flying a small heli in the street but i would tap them on the shoulder and point the in the right direction
            in the post of the video there was no incident and its getting blown out of all proportion big time i think thats why some people are ****ed off big time..

            Comment


            • #96
              A few years ago when I had just joined this fourm I posted a video of me flying my twister cp gold (300 size) in the street and landing on top off my dads car, This I KNOW was stupid however at the time I was just learning, I posted the video on here and I got nothing in the shape off this much of a battering, the guys here said very kindly is nice flying but it's safer to do it here, because of this and that etc and they were right.

              my point is what's changed to suddenly start tearing this guy apart, tell him what he's POSSIBLY doing wrong and help him in the right direction don't just start having ago because you can.

              John
              John Nobbs

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Idleup95 View Post
                A few years ago when I had just joined this fourm I posted a video of me flying my twister cp gold (300 size) in the street and landing on top off my dads car, This I KNOW was stupid however at the time I was just learning, I posted the video on here and I got nothing in the shape off this much of a battering, the guys here said very kindly is nice flying but it's safer to do it here, because of this and that etc and they were right.

                my point is what's changed to suddenly start tearing this guy apart, tell him what he's POSSIBLY doing wrong and help him in the right direction don't just start having ago because you can.

                John
                well said..

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by BASS 666 View Post
                  you tell us..

                  Well, the energy stored in the rotor disc of a 130x is about 36J.

                  so based on a finger measuring 0.01 meters (1cm) in diameter, the average force applied to the finger, if its going to remove all energy from the disc, is 3600N

                  This assumes that there is no extra energy being driven into the rotor disc (i.e. you are in throttle hold). If the motor is being driven then it will be significantly more than this. It also assumes that all energy is being transferred from one system to another, which in reality wont happen.

                  With those numbers though, im certainly not going to be putting my finger through a rotor disc. Ring avulsion (amputation) injuries in adults have been reported with forces of around 150N, so even if 10% of the energy of the disc is transferred to the finger this would be more than sufficient. In a child you also have to remember that the bones have not fully ossified (i.e. they are more flexible than bone, but much easier to cut through)
                  Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
                  JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

                  Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

                  Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
                  And the proud wearer of one

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Ok!

                    Enough!

                    Time for me to talk.

                    This thread is bollocks!

                    A 130x on the street has got all you "fun police" a bit over excited.

                    I don't know if you've been outside lately but there are far more dangerous things out there than 130x's for you to get worried about.

                    Let's start with kids on bikes & skateboards, they'll do you some damage if they hit you at speed, they'll also do a far worse job on your parked Mercedes than a few grams of plastic. And guess what? They ain't insured!

                    Now let's move on to my favourite. Dogs! I have been flying RC helis on and off since the 80's and I have been in close proximity to others doing the same thing for almost as long yet the only injury I've ever sustained from a Heli related accident was dropping a marine battery on my foot whilst taking it out of my car.

                    I do however have a scar on my arm and another on my thigh where I have been bitten by dogs on two separate occasions. Now most streets in the UK have dogs living on them and it's worth noting that more people are killed by dogs per month than have been killed by RC helicopters ever in the history of the universe! And guess what? A lot of dog owners don't have insurance!

                    So the long and the short of it is that if you want to make "outside" as safe as your own home then start by worrying yourselves with things that are actually dangerous rather than the million to one chance that a stray 130x might crash into a newborn baby holding a kitten.

                    EDIT: And just to lend more weight to my argument about the dangers of our streets I saw this in the news today!

                    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...e-8488586.html
                    Last edited by Gate88; 10-02-2013, 09:23 AM.
                    Guy

                    Logo 600 SX VBar - Velocity N2 FBL BeastX - TRex 600 FBL BeastX - TRex 450 Pro - Gaui 200 - Blade 130X

                    And an E.G.S!


                    Comment


                    • Ignore the safety brigade Paz, i'll keep inline with the title & post a vid OF ME FLYING IN THE STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat that suckers!!!!

                      Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                      Comment


                      • Flying in the street

                        Wow.........look what happens when it rains all weekend ? ....................Can I recommend 'Man v Food ' Watching a fat man eat a 6 lb burrito is way more entertaining :-)
                        sigpic


                        Rave ENV Nitro
                        New Logo 550
                        Synergy N5c
                        TSA 700E night flier
                        I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                        5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                        Comment


                        • Oh look a former 3D master with some quality Trex 500 flying

                          Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                          Comment


                          • Flying in the street

                            Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
                            Oh look a former 3D master with some quality Trex 500 flying

                            Yeah love it nearly 50000 views and only 2 dislikes lol
                            sigpic


                            Rave ENV Nitro
                            New Logo 550
                            Synergy N5c
                            TSA 700E night flier
                            I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                            5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
                              Ignore the safety brigade Paz, i'll keep inline with the title & post a vid OF ME FLYING IN THE STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eat that suckers!!!!

                              I'm sorry.

                              I thought you were presenting this as some sort of dangerous flying video?


                              You understand that just dangling a Heli off your ridiculously long ariel with a bit of fishing string isn't "flying" or "dangerous"?
                              Guy

                              Logo 600 SX VBar - Velocity N2 FBL BeastX - TRex 600 FBL BeastX - TRex 450 Pro - Gaui 200 - Blade 130X

                              And an E.G.S!


                              Comment


                              • Flying in the street

                                Paddy is that your son ? Lmao
                                sigpic


                                Rave ENV Nitro
                                New Logo 550
                                Synergy N5c
                                TSA 700E night flier
                                I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
                                5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X