Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying in the street

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    I look forward to the time when we see someone flying like this, causing an accident, and some poor kid loosing a finger or worse.

    I wont be pleased for the poor kid, but will enjoy watching the 'hard done by' flyer moaning about having to fork out thousands of pounds in compensation to the victim of their idiocy.

    People moan about the 'health and safety police' or 'political correctness gone mad', but they are probably exactly the same people who would hit the roof if something bad happened to a loved one through someone else acting irresponsibly... of course so long as it didnt involve helicopters....
    Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
    JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

    Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

    Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
    And the proud wearer of one

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by BavarianRob View Post
      Theres no line to draw it IS a 130 we're commenting on, we're not talking about a 250, 300 or anything else, not a relevant comment if you ask me.
      Ok, so how much damage can a 130 do, and what experience are you basing that on?
      Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
      JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

      Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

      Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
      And the proud wearer of one

      Comment


      • #63
        this will have to do, the guys a bellend either way

        Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
        Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


        Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

        Collector of SAB Goblins

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by jimmyhorns View Post
          Ok, so how much damage can a 130 do, and what experience are you basing that on?
          you tell us..

          Comment


          • #65
            Didn't you used to fly near a residential area before getting the new field though James?

            I know it wasn't in the middle of a road but im sure the houses behind are not that far away?
            T- rex 600n V-bar
            Logo 550sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar
            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

            Comment


            • #66
              I hit a friend in the bridge of the nose with a mcpx and split it causing a scar. Blood everywhere.
              sigpic
              7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
              6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
              Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
              HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
              WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
              Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





              Comment


              • #67
                Ive hit myself in the arm with my nano, didnt draw blood but it bast***D hurt!!!
                Some say my left nipple is the shape of a Raptor canopy.......... And that for fun I chase sheep in wellies 3 sizes too big. All I know is I am ​3D Clod
                Very proud to be a Presenter on ROTORS! The RC Helicopter show


                Very proud to be a 2x EGS winner

                Collector of SAB Goblins

                Comment


                • #68
                  Now I remember why Made2Fade had me excommunicated from this forum last year...
                  Happy flying children..
                  T
                  Trev
                  Lots of different things that fly

                  And happy to have FOUR shiny EGS

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Originally posted by heathy View Post
                    I hit a friend in the bridge of the nose with a mcpx and split it causing a scar. Blood everywhere.
                    there is no doubt if it hits you it will hurt. the point is there is no one there for it to hit..

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Flying in the street

                      Originally posted by jimmyhorns View Post
                      I look forward to the time when we see someone flying like this, causing an accident, and some poor kid loosing a finger or worse.

                      I wont be pleased for the poor kid, but will enjoy watching the 'hard done by' flyer moaning about having to fork out thousands of pounds in compensation to the victim of their idiocy.

                      People moan about the 'health and safety police' or 'political correctness gone mad', but they are probably exactly the same people who would hit the roof if something bad happened to a loved one through someone else acting irresponsibly... of course so long as it didnt involve helicopters....
                      I'll put my finger in a 130 at full chat and I'd bet my mortgage I won't lose a finger! This is the sort of over exaggeration that makes posts like this fun on a Saturday evening.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by Nick B View Post
                        Didn't you used to fly near a residential area before getting the new field though James?

                        I know it wasn't in the middle of a road but im sure the houses behind are not that far away?
                        The houses were about 75 yards behind the flight line, and for that reason, and that it wasnt a completely 'private' space, we set out to find the land for our new club.

                        I wouldnt put it in the same league as flying in the road, not by a long way...
                        Logo 600 3D --- Vortex Vx1n
                        JR Forza 700 --- Vortex Vx1e

                        Team Macgregor flight team and Magregor industries field rep

                        Co-founder of South Hants Helis - and now on Facebook
                        And the proud wearer of one

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          i just think its bad enough living in a country were the government tells you how to life your life while they screw you to the floor with their rules and you cant even fly your small heli in the street without someone saying its mad..

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Flying in the street

                            Jimmyhorns, I look forward to you pointing out where exactly the poor kid who is going to "lose a finger" was during that entire video?

                            It's all very well speaking in hypotheticals, the simple fact of this video is that there was not a single person nor even a moving vehicle during the entire flight....

                            As for the discussion as to where to draw the line, its not a question of what if he was flying a 250, a 450, a 500... he was flying a 130X. The damage a 130X can do is limited by the fact that it weighs very little and spins small plastic blades with little mass behind them. Is it a harmless toy? No... It can hurt, it can cut, it can do damage to someone in the right (or should that be wrong) circumstances... but at the end of the day you cannot compare it to larger helicopters and infer that it's basically the same as doing that same thing with a 500. It just isn't the same thing at all.
                            Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 09-02-2013, 11:47 PM.
                            Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                            sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I haven't read any of this thread, only the last few posts. As soon as I saw the title I knew it would descend in to a row.

                              To the OP. The title alone is going to **** people off as we are (mostly) all safety conscious. Particularly these days when people are just looking for an excuse to kick off about something.
                              Very proud to be an Align-Trex.co.uk Team Pilot!

                              SAB
                              Goblin 700 / V-Bar Blueline 5.3 Pro
                              Trex 600 EFL Pro / V-Bar Silverline 5.3 Pro
                              Trex 500 FBL /
                              Beast X
                              Futaba 8FG

                              Proud Owner of 2 EGS Awards

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Flying in the street

                                Originally posted by dani_r View Post
                                I haven't read any of this thread, only the last few posts. As soon as I saw the title I knew it would descend in to a row.

                                To the OP. The title alone is going to **** people off as we are (mostly) all safety conscious. Particularly these days when people are just looking for an excuse to kick off about something.
                                Read the rest it'll raise an eyebrow, but not too high, that's dangerous!!!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X