Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one ordered the Nano CPX?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
    Paul. That's not good :-(. Best advice I can give is to find some hands on help, or take a look at the flying lessons on John salts website (RC Helicopters, The Most Fun And Rewarding Of All RC Hobbies.). Are you comfortable with what all the controls do? Sorry if this sounds like a basic question but I've known a friend in the past (well, brother in law) that tried to learn to fly a heli with no concept of cyclic versus rudder for example ... He used to pop it in the air then kept moving the sticks trying to work out what each one did!

    If you're happy with mode 2 controls (collective/rudder on left, cyclic on right) then a hands on friend, or lessons is likely to be your best chance of learning quickly.

    Yes I agree, thanks for your help.

    Yes I do understand mode 2 etc, I have a silly little sim on my phone which iv been playing on.

    just reading some of the comments I should I be able to get the cpx heli into a hover a couple inches of the floor?


    Debating getting a nice little learner Heli to get me used to it

    Thanks

    Paul
    ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
    SPECTRUM DX8

    www.southhantshelis.co.uk

    Comment


    • Paul, where are you?
      Logo 550SX VBar Neo
      T-Rex 600N DFC VBar
      Logo 690SX VBar Neo
      T-Rex G800 Helix Gasser VBar
      T-Rex HB7RC 800 HeliBug Gasser DFC VBar Neo

      Comment


      • Originally posted by enterpryse View Post
        Paul, where are you?
        Hedge end, Southampton
        ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
        SPECTRUM DX8

        www.southhantshelis.co.uk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Curryzz View Post
          Hi Guys

          Just to confirm I am a beginner and I'm really not confident In flying correctly, iv double checked all the settings are fine, iv adjusted it down to calm it down also.

          I tired just popping it I'm the air and failed

          Paul
          Paul
          If you need a hand, I am in Whiteley. Feel free to PM me to arrange a meet up. I'm about over the weekend.
          John
          Blade 180 CFX - Stock setup
          Gaui X3 - Spartan VX1e, 460MX, Savox
          Goblin 500 - Spartan VX1e, eFlite 550H, BLS153, Xpert SI2201, HW100
          Hughes 300 - HK450
          AS350 - Blade 500X
          BO-105 - TRex 500 Dominator
          Bell 222 - Stretched Gaui X5 mechanics
          Jetranger - Stretched X50e mechanics
          Airwolf - Roban 800

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Curryzz View Post
            Yes I agree, thanks for your help.

            Yes I do understand mode 2 etc, I have a silly little sim on my phone which iv been playing on.

            just reading some of the comments I should I be able to get the cpx heli into a hover a couple inches of the floor?


            Debating getting a nice little learner Heli to get me used to it

            Thanks

            Paul
            Yes. The discussion around popping the heli into the air versus a careful take-off, is largely around a symptom of flybarless helicopters (I assume you have a nano cpx or mpcx?). Both use a 3-axis electronic gyro to aid stability. Previously, mechanical flybars used to achieve the same effect. Flybarless systems are great, but they can get confused when on the ground as the heli doesn't act the way the computer expects! Hence the advice to pop them into the air!

            A simple solution as you say is to get a simple learner heli (with a mechanical flybar). Personally I used the Blade 120SR which is fixed-pitch and uses a 45-degree flybar which gives it co-axial like stability. Alternatively, a (4 channel, mode 2) co-axial like the Blade CX2 is an equally good starting point.

            That said, if you can get somebody to work with you for just an hour or so - you'll almost certainly get past the initial steep curve of the learning and you'll find you can progress on the heli you've got.

            Best of luck. T
            Tom
            sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
            SAB Goblin 630 Competition
            - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
            Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
            Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
            .... and a Gaui X3
            Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
            ... and two EGS'



            Comment


            • Hmm a bit far to travel.

              Chances are its your tx set up or you (I'm afraid). All the Blades I've had worked out of the box with minor tweaks on rates and expo.

              Find a club and there is bound to be someone there to check your settings and test fly it. Don't despair, persevere.
              Logo 550SX VBar Neo
              T-Rex 600N DFC VBar
              Logo 690SX VBar Neo
              T-Rex G800 Helix Gasser VBar
              T-Rex HB7RC 800 HeliBug Gasser DFC VBar Neo

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post

                When you plug the battery into the heli - do you keep the heli upright and still until you see the main blades move up/down?.
                It does not matter if you plug the heli battery in whilst the heli is on its side, you could even do it upside
                Down. The most important thing is that it does not move.
                Current Fleet,
                T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
                Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
                Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


                sigpic

                Comment


                • Mine arrived a little while ago. Already flown several batteries. Boy this thing is fast!

                  Can't stop grinning

                  @Kyle: really appreciate the Saturday delivery, thanks!

                  Comment


                  • Mine has arrived, just need to get home and try it out. Thanks Kyle for the upgraded delivery

                    Comment


                    • Just got one, that's it mcpx will be collecting dust now, I'm only a beginner just about on circuits with a 450 but this will be much better than the mcpx for indoor practice

                      Comment


                      • Nano arrived this morning and OMG it's better than I even imagined
                        Flew perfect right out of the box, purrs sweatly, looks smooth although a twitchy little bugger.
                        Already have 12 x 1S Lipo's for my mSRX which work perfectly well all 160mAh's and a 4 point charger all working great with it. Happy Dayz!
                        Just running her in at the mo, but will be sticking her on the ceiling in no time
                        By the way if you do already own an mSR or mSRX it's a NO BRAINER and a must buy. It even has the same quirky characteristics as my mSRX when using rudder in piro's ie drifts back and forth which is fine if you've already mastered the mSRX and feels completely natural for me to fly.
                        Big Thumbs Up Here!
                        SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                        Comment


                        • Ive ordered 2 Nano's and 4 extra lipo's should be here on tuesday . This last week my MCPX has Taken a proper beating in my luchbreak at work and only lost 1 dog bone link . Hope the Nano holds up as good as my MCPX

                          Roll on tuesday

                          Anthony
                          Trex 470LP , Devil 380 , Invertix 400 3D Quad 4S , MCPX BL , 180CFX , Next Sim

                          Comment


                          • Ive put about 20 packs through mine now, all in my living room or the office, all flying around upside down and probably crashing 4-5 times per battery without hitting throttle hold.

                            The canopy is cracked, the landing gear is a little bit broken, but it still flies perfectly. I crashed it into a concrete beam earlier and broke the tail, bit of 2mm carbon on it now and jobs a goodun.

                            Cant fault this little thing for the money, its a laugh a minute!
                            NONE OF THE BELOW HELI'S ARE OWNED BY ME ANY MORE
                            TT Raptor G4 + Vbar
                            | MCPX V1 + HP05 Brushless & All the upgrades | 130x Stock | Henseleit TDR 2013 +Vbar | 450L DOMINATOR 6S + Mini Kbar | Logo 550SX +Vbar Mini
                            Proud wearer of the EGS award!

                            Comment


                            • As expected, mine didn't turn up today so I guess it'll be here Monday. Obviously hardly a big deal, it's only a hobby after all but annoying not being able to play at the weekend least its given me time to work on repairing the 450, 250 and MCPx !

                              Comment


                              • Here's a buddy code for some little lipo's
                                Turnigy nano-tech 160mah 1S 25~40C Lipo Pack (Kyosho, E-flite, Parkzone Etc)
                                Oxy4+, tgy servos, hw60a, spirit fbl on 6s 🤓


                                sigpic - Team pilot

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X