Originally posted by SaneAdam
View Post
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Any one ordered the Nano CPX?
Collapse
X
-
Originally posted by SaneAdam View PostAre you popping it up straight into a hover? You have to do that. Just open the throttle up nice and qucik and it will go into a hover. But tbh i think you have bitten off more than you can chew at this stage by the sounds of it
Arhhh ok I will try that tomorrow, Yeah iv flown the toy heli's but thought I would up my game.
Harder than I thought.
Paul
Comment
-
If your looking to choose between the 130 and the nano then go for the 130x...the nano is not good in the wind and its always bloody windy these days.
I don't think my nano will get much use till 8th of Oct when our next indoor meet will be,can't wait lol...ok i can
T- rex 600n V-bar
Logo 550sx V-bar
Logo 600sx V-bar
Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer
VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!
Comment
-
If this is your first heli, I would suggest you get somebody to take a look.Originally posted by Curryzz View PostHi guys, I'm new to this, I have been trying to get the heli set up nice, it seems I'm am struggling to keep the tail down, the nose just faces straight into the ground, what shall I adjust to help this? I have a dx8
cheers
First off, the micro helis (eg. nano cpx, mcpx, 130x etc.) should pretty much be setup "out of the box". On the assumption that you have setup your dx8 correctly, your behaviour sounds to me like you haven't let the flybarless unit initialise properly.
When you plug the battery into the heli - do you keep the heli upright and still until you see the main blades move up/down?
If you plug the battery in holding the heli upside down/on its side/anything put perfectly upright - this kind of behaviour will happen.
HTH. Tom.Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
Yes, its a different ball game all together. Just be confident when you open the throttle. But....... i would also suggest you drop your dual rates to about 60 or 65 and turn the expo up to about 40 on elevator and aileron. This will make it a lot more controllableOriginally posted by Curryzz View PostArhhh ok I will try that tomorrow, Yeah iv flown the toy heli's but thought I would up my game.
Harder than I thought.
Paul
Im not trying to be funny.... but if you have this heli set to the manual settings you dont stand a chance as a new pilot. It will get away from you faster than you can think what to do. You NEED to numb it down a bit. You will make much more progress that way at this stage. If any of this sounds confusing just say and i will go into more detail or talk you through itStainburn Helicopter Club
Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
MSH Protos 380
Vbar Control
Comment
-
Am tempted despite coming to hate my old MCPX in the end
Checking out the specification it states "bind to a DSMX transmitter". Is this really the case as I use a DX7?
Who's doing the best deal - including delivery? Kings Lynn?__________________________________________
Dave
sigpic
T-Rex 600E - BeastX -
T-Rex 550E - BeastX
T-Rex 450 PRO - BeastX -
T-Rex 250 - BeastX -
DX8
Comment
-
Not being funny, but if the heli has a fault, or you haven't plugged the battery in with the heli flat, then "popping" it up quickly will result in a heli flying headlong towards the wall (or you!). Spool it up *carefully*, keep you hands off the cyclics and try to see if it raises up an inch or two off the floor.Originally posted by Curryzz View PostArhhh ok I will try that tomorrow, Yeah iv flown the toy heli's but thought I would up my game.
Harder than I thought.
Paul
Use a carpeted floor - not something slippy. Once in the air - you will need to apply a VERY MINOR amount of right cyclic to stop the heli naturally drifting left.
The heli *should not* have a nose-down tendency from take off, unless (have I mentioned this yet?) you haven't plugged in the battery with the heli upright!Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
Tom... im not being funny... but this is his first heli. The chances that HE is doing something wrong is highly likely and im sure he would admit to that himself. Of course there could be a fault. But tbh... i highly doubt it in this scenario. Love how you put popping in in speech marks like its some alien phrase or something... lol. Its the way to take these little buggers off. Would you prefer if i said " lift off"?
Stainburn Helicopter Club
Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
MSH Protos 380
Vbar Control
Comment
-
Well in that case you have 3 servos. 2 x cyclic (leaning left and right) and 1 x elevator servo at the rear (forward & backward) Check the elevator servo is actually connected properly, does it work with throttle hold on, on the ground? Does any of what I just said make any sense?Originally posted by Curryzz View PostYeah haha,
I thought id at least be able to hover it after a day of practicing, Harder than it looks eh
I put all the settings in but still seems to want to nose itself into the floor..
PaulLast edited by dogcow; 29-09-2012, 06:26 PM.SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8
Comment
-
HobbyHanger are selling them at £85Originally posted by davew View PostAm tempted despite coming to hate my old MCPX in the end
Checking out the specification it states "bind to a DSMX transmitter". Is this really the case as I use a DX7?
Who's doing the best deal - including delivery? Kings Lynn?
Click the link in my Sig
Comment
-
". Spool it up *carefully*, keep you hands off the cyclics and try to see if it raises up an inch or two off the floor."
DONT spool it up carefully at all!!!!!!!! That will confuse the gyro. POP IT UP INTO THE AIR. You are gonna make life more difficult for him with advise like that..... sorry but its trueStainburn Helicopter Club
Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
MSH Protos 380
Vbar Control
Comment
-
Yep, I agree and really doubt there's any fault with the heli - more likely a TX mistake or something else. It's difficult to put over feeling on a forum, but i put the word "popping" (sorry, must be a habitOriginally posted by SaneAdam View PostTom... im not being funny... but this is his first heli. The chances that HE is doing something wrong is highly likely and im sure he would admit to that himself. Of course there could be a fault. But tbh... i highly doubt it in this scenario. Love how you put popping in in speech marks like its some alien phrase or something... lol. Its the way to take these little buggers off. Would you prefer if i said " lift off"?
)in quotes because I imagined something very different from popping to happen! I had visions of him giving it some welly, then rather than a controlled popping it into the air, he'd have a spinning rocket shooting off into the distance! (or a wall!)
Starting on your own ain't easy! - I did it with a 120SR and that was hard enough from no knowledge at all. Starting with a CP is a real challenge - a local friend is the best answer I guess ...Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
Just to clarify my statement. If there is any kind of issue (be it a TX misconfiguration, or gyro's not initialised) then popping it up into the air might not be that easy! I hear what you're saying and I know that ground effect will make it harder very near the ground.Originally posted by SaneAdam View Post". Spool it up *carefully*, keep you hands off the cyclics and try to see if it raises up an inch or two off the floor."
DONT spool it up carefully at all!!!!!!!! That will confuse the gyro. POP IT UP INTO THE AIR. You are gonna make life more difficult for him with advise like that..... sorry but its true
But ...
I was just a bit concerned by the repeated symptom he was giving of struggling to keep the nose up! Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be good to rule out any issue or config mistake ...Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment
-
Hi Guys
Just to confirm I am a beginner and I'm really not confident In flying correctly, iv double checked all the settings are fine, iv adjusted it down to calm it down also.
I tired just popping it I'm the air and failed
Paul
Comment
-
Paul. That's not good :-(. Best advice I can give is to find some hands on help, or take a look at the flying lessons on John salts website (RC Helicopters, The Most Fun And Rewarding Of All RC Hobbies.). Are you comfortable with what all the controls do? Sorry if this sounds like a basic question but I've known a friend in the past (well, brother in law) that tried to learn to fly a heli with no concept of cyclic versus rudder for example ... He used to pop it in the air then kept moving the sticks trying to work out what each one did!Originally posted by Curryzz View PostHi Guys
Just to confirm I am a beginner and I'm really not confident In flying correctly, iv double checked all the settings are fine, iv adjusted it down to calm it down also.
I tired just popping it I'm the air and failed
Paul
If you're happy with mode 2 controls (collective/rudder on left, cyclic on right) then a hands on friend, or lessons is likely to be your best chance of learning quickly.Tom
sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
SAB Goblin 630 Competition - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
.... and a Gaui X3
Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims ... and two EGS'
Comment

Comment