Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about to buy a 130x but......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    You're welcome patmacca you wont regret the 130X it flies great out the box, there have been some lemons happening but HH will replace anything like that! I just upgraded my canopy just for the hell of it rather than for performance, bling I guess, though some same they have a much better performance rate than the stock canopies... Click image for larger version

Name:	130X_fuc_2.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	1876572Click image for larger version

Name:	130X_fuc_1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	1876573 had a rant at first as they don't fit direct you have to mod them, which for the price I think it terrible! But well happy with it now so happy with my 130X the way it flies and handles as well as working on it AS lot safer than a 450X too, especially for park flying, not everyone has huge open spaces with no public around! The only other weak part ( from a crash) is the tail boom, these need to be in pristine condition or you will have tail wag and they split real easy and don't show it! If I have a serious crash I just replace it. Usually you can tell as they then twist which they wont do as new. When you drop a fresh one on class it rings out but a split one thuds and is dull sounding... Here is where I got mine and this makes them well cheap if you get 10 or more http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/e-flit...square-cf.html
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

    Comment


    • #17
      Very nice, wow the colour on canopy and blades really pop. Great for orientation! ! Good idea on the tail replacement too. Might have to come to you for spare lol.

      Comment


      • #18
        Can I just add my bit. I have all sorts of birds inc bl conversion mcpx 130x 300x trex500 and trex600n. Mcpx is brilliant would not be flying without its help but I can't get it to do much other than circuits. The 130x has been nothing but hassle all the Time but saying that when its right it's just awesome and confidence enspirin( no good in anything more than light winds). Now the 300x this is where I would put my money cheap (extra £50-£60) more stable easier to see still need a field but this is what i am learning 3d on (I put it in upside down hard two weeks ago total bill was £65 and one evening tinkering) small helis have there place but it's not learning 3d imho
        Trex 600nsp vbar
        trex 500 esp
        Logo400se R.I.P (Resting in pieces)
        hk450 4s beastx
        Lynx heli hybrid 130x
        DX8

        Comment


        • #19
          Thanks for the input and i get your point. For me there's a limitation on space so a 300 although great value now, just doesn't quite fit my needs! Probably will go for the 450 when (if) I step it up.

          Comment


          • #20
            I can't agree that the 130 costs as much to repair as a 450. I have bent them both many times. Average cost 450, approx £30. Average 130, £10 or less.

            I am sure you will love the 130, best of luck.
            Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
            Foamy plank
            icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
            Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

            Comment


            • #21
              I agree the 130x is peanuts to fix, its a bit fiddly, but its a nice flying little heli for its size. Its not very reliable tbh, if you can put up with fiddling with it every now and again its a winner
              Sab Goblin 500

              Comment


              • #22
                I love my 130X. My first one was a lemon though, but got it replaced no problem. Since then, I've only had issues following crashes. As to the relative costs of parts versus a 450 - I don't buy that TBH. For starters, most crashes on a 130X will result in no broken parts due to small size and mass. A 450 crash *will* results in repairs - with the exception of very mild tip-overs.

                Can't comment on the mCPX BL, but look after the 130X and it'll serve you well.
                Tom
                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                .... and a Gaui X3
                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                ... and two EGS'



                Comment


                • #23
                  Thanks guys yes the 130x would be miles better on the wallet in terms of crash repairs. I meant the 450 would be a down the line purchase once my skills are there. Ive had several in the past but again only ever felt brave enough to fly sports!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I have two 130x's ( need two to keep one going ) and a mcpx bl , for me It,s the mcpx bl all the way , they both fly similar , the 130x weighted with a 450 battery is slightly better in the wind , you wont be disapointed with any of them , kenny d
                    Goblin , 380 Carbon
                    Oxy 4 - 360
                    Oxy 4 - 325
                    Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                    Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                    Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                    Oxy 2 - 190
                    Oxy 2 - 210
                    XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                    Spektrum DX9
                    Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      about to buy a 130x but......

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364683315.685267.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	1876581
                      Here is my 130. Now with a few upgrades and fly very well. Tail holds better now it has a spin 8000 in it.
                      Gaui x7 lush
                      Gobbalin 500
                      Trex700 new dfc n OS 105/vbar love it
                      ALL ON SPEKKY GEAR
                      Blade 130x2
                      nano

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by rapidgaz View Post
                        [ATTACH]57935[/ATTACH]
                        Here is my 130. Now with a few upgrades and fly very well. Tail holds better now it has a spin 8000 in it.
                        looks sweet :-) was the spin 8000 an easy install? Does the built in esc handle it ok? I was wondering about the HP08 for mine...
                        Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                        Goosky S1
                        DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Very nice, so the upgraded motor was easy to replace then? Did you need to change the esc as well? When you say the tail holds better did you upgrade the tail section before the motor?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            about to buy a 130x but......

                            So far built in esc is fine so far. About 15 flights. Fitted all upgrds on tail first. Was better but the spin must help with higher head speed, and not as easy to bog.
                            Gaui x7 lush
                            Gobbalin 500
                            Trex700 new dfc n OS 105/vbar love it
                            ALL ON SPEKKY GEAR
                            Blade 130x2
                            nano

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Have you tached the HS? What is the higher HS? :-) I might have to upgrade as the canopy is a lot heavier...

                              I'm also curious what KV the motor is and how easy it was to install? I notice the HP08S comes as a 16500, 13200 or 11800 kv motor. Also wondered what pinion you use?

                              Thanks for the info :-)
                              Last edited by Bhujang; 31-03-2013, 09:09 AM.
                              Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                              Goosky S1
                              DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: about to buy a 130x but......

                                Originally posted by Bhujang View Post
                                I'm also curious what KV the motor is and how easy it was to install? I notice the HP08S comes as a 16500, 13200 or 11800 kv motor. Also wondered what pinion you use?

                                Thanks for the info :-)
                                It's a 8000kv motor, took me about 20 minutes to install & it comes with a 11t pinion

                                Took a bit of modding the frame as its a wider motor so you need to open up the motor opening

                                Hth

                                Dan

                                Goblin 500
                                | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
                                Spektrum DX8


                                GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X