Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about to buy a 130x but......

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • about to buy a 130x but......

    Hi guys, I'm about to push the button on a new 130x but I'm torn between this or the new bl mcpx. Im comfortable to a degree with sport flying and want to push into 3d a bit more. Of course that's easier on the sim but I would love to have a garden flyer to practice with also. I've got the nano cpx at the mo and although it's fun and seriously durable from the many crashes I've had I don't consider it the best to learn 3d with.I guess I'm asking: what would be needed on the 130x to improve it out of the box? As i understand it there is tail vibration issues and i would look to at least upgrade the tail pitch slider and possibly the tail grips straight away. What else would you guys say was needed? I'm not looking to 'bling' it just add functionality really. All advice gratefully received - Pat

  • #2
    Hi Pat. The 130x flies very well as standard but it all needs to be in perfect working order. Mine survived a few crashes but developed problems because I had damaged some parts without realising it. Once I got used to carrying out a very detailed inspection, particularly of the tail drive system, regularly, I had it flying well again. I got a metal tail drive gear "A". I think this is essential as they wear out very quickly. I damaged the tail a bit so I replaced the pitch slider and tail blade grips with metal ones. The only other thing to look out for is that my tail stabiliser fell off because the screw worked loose (during several crashes).
    I don't think there is a tail vibration problem if everything is in perfect condition.
    I don't know much about the MCPX but I preferred the 130 because it had a driven tail. I hope this is helpful.
    Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
    Foamy plank
    icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
    Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

    Comment


    • #3
      about to buy a 130x but......

      My 130x was perfect out of the box and flys exactly the same after 70 or so flights (no crashes). My view is that individual upgrades to more durable parts are not worth the bother as you just end up transferring the load to the next weakest component and breaking that instead in a crash. I would just stock up on plenty of standard spares and replace anything as soon as it develops any sign of damage or wear.
      Blade 180 CFX - Stock setup
      Gaui X3 - Spartan VX1e, 460MX, Savox
      Goblin 500 - Spartan VX1e, eFlite 550H, BLS153, Xpert SI2201, HW100
      Hughes 300 - HK450
      AS350 - Blade 500X
      BO-105 - TRex 500 Dominator
      Bell 222 - Stretched Gaui X5 mechanics
      Jetranger - Stretched X50e mechanics
      Airwolf - Roban 800

      Comment


      • #4
        about to buy a 130x but......

        I've had the 130x and a MCPX BL and I would take an MCPX BL all day long.

        For me I was always chasing problems with the 130x to get it to fly well and soon lost patience with it.

        I put around 40 flights on the MCPX BL and it is still going strong. Not had to replace any parts or even consider any upgrades!!!

        Comment


        • #5
          I have a 130x and it had the tail vibration on spool up issue out the box. The only part needed to fix this was 1cm of scotch tape to one of the tail blades. The rest of the tail bits are still original bar the fin as that broke after an early flight end in a tree.
          I'm happy with mine so far.

          Comment


          • #6
            about to buy a 130x

            Poor lad i feel sorry for you lol.
            Troll buster
            sigpic

            Comment


            • #7
              Ok thanks guys appreciate the feedback. Some food for thought so those who have owned both would you say the performance is the same on the bl mcpx as the 130x in terms of stability and performance? One thing I'm concerned with on the bl mcpx is that it'll be like my nano - a bit too lively and no good with wind

              Comment


              • #8
                130x great fun
                M480L,M470,INSPIRE1pro, FACEBOOK
                Blade 180 cfx ,130x, jr 11x 14SG

                Canon eos 1d3, xa10,Garmin Verb, XCLUBFLIGHT

                Comment


                • #9
                  about to buy a 130x but......

                  Also got a nano

                  The difference really is night a day!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    about to buy a 130x but......

                    The 130x is fantastic.......when its working right :-) and that's the bottom line. Out if the box it's great but after a while (or crashes) you invariably have to change something and that's when the 'hunt the vibration' game starts. I persevere with mine because when its sorted, it flies brilliantly and has taught me more 3D in a month than I managed in a year with my mcpx. Prepare to spend money on gears, booms, tail, under carriage and bearings quite regularly.

                    A friend bought a mcpx bl recently and I have to say it flies beautifully. Smooth, accurate and tons of power. Only time will tell if it has the endurance but with less parts to worry about and the legendary MCPX durability, I think it should

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      130x over the Mcpx BL without question IMO. The 130x is much better and will do much better in wind. Never had a seconds trouble with my 130x.
                      Stainburn Helicopter Club
                      Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
                      Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
                      MSH Protos 380


                      Vbar Control

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If you are thinking to get a 130x, you may as well get a 450. Costs the same for crash repairs

                        MCPX BL all the way for me, can take allot of punishment with out breaking anything.



                        sigpic X 2











                        Comment


                        • #13
                          The best upgrade you can get for your 130X is a MCPX BL and leave the 130X on the shelf unless you like replaceing every part on the 130X and do not mind spending a fortune on spare parts . I much prefer the MCPX BL , fly out of the box , crashes well with out a lot of damage, just as good has the 130X without the hassle or the little quicks the 130X has

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Definitely the 130X the mcpx BL is a piece of...**** my 130X is beautiful love it, only upgrade is a tail pitch slider and some metal gears so far, the BL mcpx came with faulty main board, bad boom, then it came back again with another split boom and a warped main shaft... hardly flown it and zero crashes... I fly the 130X loads and its fun! It will need some maintenance but it will teach you a lot about helis and how they work ready for bigger ones to come I wish Id bought a second 130X and not bothered with the BL mcpx, its got loads of power but that's about it!
                            Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
                            Goosky S1
                            DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks Bhujang I think I'm gonna go for 130x just because I think it will fly like a bigger machine. I'm happy to tinker with a model to get it right as that's something I do quite often. I may even be tempted into a brushless upgrade for my nano

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X