Ok we'll the title made it sound dramatic.
I fitted a spin 8000 last night, today I get home before my wife and kids so decided to test it out before I get to the indoor club. Spooled up in living room, got it 3 ft up when bang all hell broke loose. The tail shaft ( lynx ) snapped right in the middle
To make matters worse I pulled full neg to get it down and the lynx tail fin snapped and disappeared into the abyss, my 1 year old son likes to pull himself about the place putting all foreign body's in his mouth. I've looked everywhere with a high powered torch just to be sure and its gone. It's got some nasty carbon splinters hanging of it I'm sure
My throttle curve was 90 flat when this happened on a 11t pinion so be warned people. You will need a much lower headspeed with this motor / pinion combo.
I fitted a spin 8000 last night, today I get home before my wife and kids so decided to test it out before I get to the indoor club. Spooled up in living room, got it 3 ft up when bang all hell broke loose. The tail shaft ( lynx ) snapped right in the middle
To make matters worse I pulled full neg to get it down and the lynx tail fin snapped and disappeared into the abyss, my 1 year old son likes to pull himself about the place putting all foreign body's in his mouth. I've looked everywhere with a high powered torch just to be sure and its gone. It's got some nasty carbon splinters hanging of it I'm sure
My throttle curve was 90 flat when this happened on a 11t pinion so be warned people. You will need a much lower headspeed with this motor / pinion combo.







Comment