Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spin 8000 killed my 130.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Isnt it weird all these failures when upgrading a Blade 130
    I think I might just keep one standard & save on all the hassle.
    Martin
    Aka RCSlopesurfer

    Comment


    • #17
      Spin 8000 killed my 130.

      Originally posted by rcslopesurfer View Post
      Isnt it weird all these failures when upgrading a Blade 130
      I think I might just keep one standard & save on all the hassle.
      Martin. I wish I did the same instead of the constant bloody fiddling with it all. The only upgrades worth doing are the metal gear and slider.
      sigpic
      7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
      6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
      Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
      HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
      WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
      Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by rcslopesurfer View Post
        Isnt it weird all these failures when upgrading a Blade 130
        I think I might just keep one standard & save on all the hassle.
        I guess when you think about all the small parts - the faster outrunners are really going to test that micro-engineering. Especially around the TT and tail assembly.
        Tom
        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
        .... and a Gaui X3
        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
        ... and two EGS'



        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by heathy View Post
          Martin. I wish I did the same instead of the constant bloody fiddling with it all. The only upgrades worth doing are the metal gear and slider.
          The Xtreme blades are pretty good too. Stoner thinks so too as he refused to give me my first set back when I loaned them to him!
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • #20
            Spin 8000 killed my 130.

            I have 2 sets of the extreme blades. One set needed nearly all the balancing tape that they came with. As to out runners stressing the components, the walkera boys have been modding the 4g6 v120 range for years now and there TT's have been fine. Yet to see any hp08/06 equipped heli blow the tail off.
            sigpic
            7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
            6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
            Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
            HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
            WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
            Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





            Comment


            • #21
              Spin 8000 killed my 130.

              Originally posted by Nick B View Post
              I had the same last week on first flight with the spin at 85%,the blade flew out from the grip,cracked at the blade screw hole.Just picked up some lynx weighted grips from Quick to try
              Nick. Budd got the lynx stuff in now? Full range?
              sigpic
              7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
              6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
              Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
              HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
              WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
              Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by heathy View Post
                Nick. Budd got the lynx stuff in now? Full range?
                Don't know what the full range is,what you after?
                T- rex 600n V-bar
                Logo 550sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar
                Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Spin 8000 killed my 130.

                  I've got everything but the heat sink and tail servo mount. Just be good to know I can get it all from Budd.
                  sigpic
                  7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
                  6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
                  Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
                  HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
                  WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
                  Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





                  Comment


                  • #24
                    He has them both,not that the heat sink will fit....i fitted the new skids and now it wont fit in the box

                    Bling added today since taking the pic,titanium shaft and metal tail grips,oh and the alloy canopy mounts

                    The space chicken

                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0509.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	299.9 KB
ID:	1873876
                    T- rex 600n V-bar
                    Logo 550sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                    VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by liamm =D View Post
                      installed my spin 800 and now when i spool up the heli just spins on the ground the tail servo wont centre untill its spooled up and got some head speed any one had a issue like that ?
                      for sure the tail has no authority at all until some revs build up , and the heli no doubt has spun round a bit, then when the revs have picked up the gyro will tell the heli to move the tail, hence they do dance around on the floor a bit, you can get them to spool up nicely if your VERY gentle on advancing the throttle until you get up to mid stick revs then the tail should work fine,

                      you may need to slide the Tail servo back the boom a little towards the tail fin, most 130x's have about a 3mm gap between the servo frame and the main frame , if that makes sense, once the TT has been set correctly (boom pushed in until it binds the gear mesh slightly, then gently pull the boom out until the drive train runs free )
                      Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                      Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Mike00top View Post
                        for sure the tail has no authority at all until some revs build up , and the heli no doubt has spun round a bit, then when the revs have picked up the gyro will tell the heli to move the tail, hence they do dance around on the floor a bit, you can get them to spool up nicely if your VERY gentle on advancing the throttle until you get up to mid stick revs then the tail should work fine,

                        you may need to slide the Tail servo back the boom a little towards the tail fin, most 130x's have about a 3mm gap between the servo frame and the main frame , if that makes sense, once the TT has been set correctly (boom pushed in until it binds the gear mesh slightly, then gently pull the boom out until the drive train runs free )

                        Thanks for the info but it did turn out I had a dumb moment and. I did have the motor plugged in the wrong way. Even after staring at it spooling up for 10 mins I don't notice untill some one said it on here haha
                        Tbs discovery quad
                        Align 700L Dominator
                        Gaui x3
                        mikado logo 480 Xxtreme





                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                          I'm still playing with mine, 80% flat seems plenty
                          sure seems that most are using too big a pinion, the motor obviously has plenty of grunt, but it sounds like the head revs are going way past the point it should, dunno if if smaller pinions are available (maybe a 7 or 8 tooth)

                          but most motors are most efficient i think around 85 - 95% so it seems you may be forced to go smaller on pinion, the upside is that you will get even more power ! ! ! Eeeek ! dive for cover, cos i can imagine that motor with a 7 tooth pinion will never bog, even if the blades are buried deep in the arm chair, LOL, it may even give a few seconds more run time ?
                          Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                          Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            You cant use smaller than an 11,maybe a 10 as the motor can is too close to the elev servo so you can't close up the mesh.
                            T- rex 600n V-bar
                            Logo 550sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by liamm =D View Post
                              Thanks for the info but it did turn out I had a dumb moment and. I did have the motor plugged in the wrong way. Even after staring at it spooling up for 10 mins I don't notice untill some one said it on here haha
                              Thanks go to MarkGR1
                              Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                              Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Spin 8000 killed my 130.

                                Originally posted by liamm =D View Post
                                Thanks for the info but it did turn out I had a dumb moment and. I did have the motor plugged in the wrong way. Even after staring at it spooling up for 10 mins I don't notice untill some one said it on here haha
                                Tis easily done mate the plug will go in both ways unlike the stock motor plug

                                When I first spooled mine up it went the wrong way well I had a 50/50 chance of getting it right

                                As said I don't think a smaller pinion would be an option as the motor is fairly close to the servo as it is
                                DX8

                                Phoenix
                                RealFlight 7

                                Mcpx BL

                                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X