Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any one ordered the Nano CPX?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My Nano has a faint retro 60's sci-fi wobble sound, I don't want to fix the mild tail wag because it sounds so cool
    SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

    Comment


    • Originally posted by dogcow View Post
      My Nano has a faint retro 60's sci-fi wobble sound, I don't want to fix the mild tail wag because it sounds so cool
      I had that as well, out of the box. Don't read on if you want to keep it!

      Mine had a slight tail wag from new. I put up with it because the Horizon advice sticky on HF said it would go away after a few flights. It didn't, or at any rate it still hadn't after about twenty batts.

      I also had a bit of TBE. Put it in a stable hover and after a second or too it would start to move in increasingly large anti-clockwise circles.

      It seems fairly certain that the cure for the TBE is to loosen the feathering spindle slightly, it certainly cured mine. I only realised what I was missing when my second nano arrived - it had no tail wag, no TBE and was overall much easier to control. Basically an over-tight feathering shaft seems to delay cyclic inputs very slightly, causing problems for both the firmware and the pilot. It is the exact equivalent of the TBE the mSR shows if the head components aren't loose enough.

      And it may not be connected, but my tail wag has completely disappeared since doing this.

      Comment


      • I have eventually got my Nano flying now.

        I had it all set up incorrectly, one visit to see Ruston(Andy) and he set all up how it should be, just been out in the garage and hovered for two batteries worth, crashed 3 times but not bad for 10-12 mins flying. First helicopter iv flown

        Thanks again Andy for your help, Top guy..

        Cheers

        Paul
        ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
        SPECTRUM DX8

        www.southhantshelis.co.uk

        Comment


        • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
          Just to clarify my statement. If there is any kind of issue (be it a TX misconfiguration, or gyro's not initialised) then popping it up into the air might not be that easy! I hear what you're saying and I know that ground effect will make it harder very near the ground.

          But ...

          I was just a bit concerned by the repeated symptom he was giving of struggling to keep the nose up! Maybe I'm wrong, but I think it would be good to rule out any issue or config mistake ...
          Seems my advice wasn't as bad as made out then!?
          Tom
          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
          .... and a Gaui X3
          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
          ... and two EGS'



          Comment


          • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
            Seems my advice wasn't as bad as made out then!?
            Yeah, having sub trim set to 100 both forward and right was the cause of Paul's problem. Says a lot about the heli and Paul's skills that he's learnt to hover a CP in less than 24 hours!
            Blade 180 CFX - Stock setup
            Gaui X3 - Spartan VX1e, 460MX, Savox
            Goblin 500 - Spartan VX1e, eFlite 550H, BLS153, Xpert SI2201, HW100
            Hughes 300 - HK450
            AS350 - Blade 500X
            BO-105 - TRex 500 Dominator
            Bell 222 - Stretched Gaui X5 mechanics
            Jetranger - Stretched X50e mechanics
            Airwolf - Roban 800

            Comment


            • I've had quite a few crashes with mine now, into walls, grass, chairs, fences .. the lot.

              But the first bit of damage happened yesterday when I tried to flip it in my parents small bedroom, it hit the wood back board bit on the bed and bent the tail rotor, so that maybe something to look out for, i bent it back, but there's still some slight vibes on the boom, will replace the tail rotor

              Comment


              • Originally posted by SamS View Post
                I've had quite a few crashes with mine now, into walls, grass, chairs, fences .. the lot.

                But the first bit of damage happened yesterday when I tried to flip it in my parents small bedroom, it hit the wood back board bit on the bed and bent the tail rotor, so that maybe something to look out for, i bent it back, but there's still some slight vibes on the boom, will replace the tail rotor
                iv got a tiny crack on the canopy already from the garage floor
                ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                SPECTRUM DX8

                www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Curryzz View Post
                  iv got a tiny crack on the canopy already from the garage floor
                  A tiny crack in the canopy is testament to the survivability of these small helis. Anything larger, and you'd probably have had a bent main shaft, bent feathering shaft, stripped gears, bent tail boom, etc. etc. on your first crash alone! Do I remember reading somewhere you've bought a 450X too?
                  Tom
                  sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                  SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                  - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                  Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                  Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                  .... and a Gaui X3
                  Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                  ... and two EGS'



                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                    A tiny crack in the canopy is testament to the survivability of these small helis. Anything larger, and you'd probably have had a bent main shaft, bent feathering shaft, stripped gears, bent tail boom, etc. etc. on your first crash alone! Do I remember reading somewhere you've bought a 450X too?
                    Yeah im worried about the big first crash I have, guna get confident in flying the nano, maybe buy an in-between model aswell, for now the 450x is staying in the corner of my room looking nice..
                    ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                    SPECTRUM DX8

                    www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Curryzz View Post
                      Yeah im worried about the big first crash I have, guna get confident in flying the nano, maybe buy an in-between model aswell, for now the 450x is staying in the corner of my room looking nice..
                      Take it very easy with the 450. Normally you might get advice around using training gear (extra big landing skids in effect), but not sure that's such a good idea with a flybarless heli like the 450x. The 130x is a really nice inbetween heli with almost the same crash-ability as the mcpx and nano although at some point you're going to have to bite the bullet and fly that bigger bird!

                      Suggest when you do, you find a friend again! The first time I spooled up my 450-3D, I nearly scared myself witless when I realised just how much power/energy the thing had! The 450x is marginally more powerful again and swings carbon fibre blades. Be careful - these things aren't toys!

                      Ultimately though - crashing is practically inevitable. The best advice I got when I bought my 450 was to accept from the outset that it was a matter of when, not if!
                      Tom
                      sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                      SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                      - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                      Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                      Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                      .... and a Gaui X3
                      Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                      ... and two EGS'



                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                        Take it very easy with the 450. Normally you might get advice around using training gear (extra big landing skids in effect), but not sure that's such a good idea with a flybarless heli like the 450x. The 130x is a really nice inbetween heli with almost the same crash-ability as the mcpx and nano although at some point you're going to have to bite the bullet and fly that bigger bird!

                        Suggest when you do, you find a friend again! The first time I spooled up my 450-3D, I nearly scared myself witless when I realised just how much power/energy the thing had! The 450x is marginally more powerful again and swings carbon fibre blades. Be careful - these things aren't toys!

                        Ultimately though - crashing is practically inevitable. The best advice I got when I bought my 450 was to accept from the outset that it was a matter of when, not if!
                        Thanks for advice,

                        Yeh,iv been looking at the blade 130x today actually. Looks like a good stepping point! i think I may take the plunge and do that before the 450x.

                        I spun the 450x in up today in the garden, just to hear it

                        Sounds awesome, cant wait to be good enough and confident enough to fly her, the more I fly the nano the more addicted I'm getting to RC helicopters.

                        Paul
                        ALIGN TREX 250 DFC
                        SPECTRUM DX8

                        www.southhantshelis.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Curryzz View Post
                          Thanks for advice,

                          Yeh,iv been looking at the blade 130x today actually. Looks like a good stepping point! i think I may take the plunge and do that before the 450x.

                          I spun the 450x in up today in the garden, just to hear it

                          Sounds awesome, cant wait to be good enough and confident enough to fly her, the more I fly the nano the more addicted I'm getting to RC helicopters.

                          Paul
                          IMO skip the 130x, no need if you have learnt on the cpx, the blade 130x is no where near as crash resilient as the mcpx btw. Ive had the mcpx and have the 130x, two crash's on the 130x have cost me £24, blade grip snapped at the link and also stripped the plastic bevel gear.

                          Fly the 450x and buy more lipos for it instead of the 130x is my advice
                          Sab Goblin 500

                          Comment


                          • I agree with the above, as much as I love my 130X now that I have the NanoCPX it makes me wonder, Do I have any need for the 130X ?

                            MCPX, NCPX 130X .. all the same really

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by SamS View Post
                              I've had quite a few crashes with mine now, into walls, grass, chairs, fences .. the lot.

                              But the first bit of damage happened yesterday when I tried to flip it in my parents small bedroom, it hit the wood back board bit on the bed and bent the tail rotor, so that maybe something to look out for, i bent it back, but there's still some slight vibes on the boom, will replace the tail rotor
                              Nano, mcp x, 130x can all be flown indoors what they don't tell you is how much furniture needs to be moved out to fly 3D & if your in your early learning of flight then even more room is needed.
                              Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                              • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                              • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                              • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                              • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                              • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                              • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                              Comment


                              • Not to mention the fact that the average "indoors" in the UK is a rabbit hutch in comparison to the US (and indeed many other countries) !!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X