Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I have flown my two about 50x each all in my flat. Lots of crashes. It is pretty hardy on the whole but. My opinion is that there are some unnecessarily weak parts on the heli. And those parts are all more than double what they should be, to be blunt a total rip off. Indeed I have spent more on these little helis in the last couple of weeks than I wanted to. If it has a control ball on it its going to break, especially the tail pitch slider although its the human hair breadth pin that breaks first on these. When you find that a compatible pitch slider is available for less than half the price, with a less sloppy bearing, you have to wonder which ex investment banker is setting the prices at Horizon.
    So my only gripe with it is either some parts on it are too weak, or those weak parts are waaaaaay off the planet with pricing, whichever way you want to look at it.

    Unfortunately the fun levels rather outweigh the negatives. When I first started I wondered if there would ever be a fully aerobatic heli you could get away with flying properly indoors in a small space and they have delivered that.
    Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

    Sponsored by Elite Models.
    http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

    Comment


    • #47
      Swashbuckler, true words there. Bravo. They do deliver and mine just lost a ball on a tail grip. £8.48 for a replacement pair!!! But then U have had nigh on 20 cost free splats with him. He's worth it though.

      Comment


      • #48
        So far I have done 2 tail sliders, one main grip, a tail box and 2x gears. So about £55 at Horizon prices. This does equate to about 20p a minute which is a better way of looking at it, but I have been flying for 7 years, I could see the cost being a lot worse for a beginner attempting living room 3d.

        Its amazing what it puts up with, but equally amazing what breaks it. Typical heli really, crash it from 50 feet or on spool up, costs could be anything.
        Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

        Sponsored by Elite Models.
        http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

        Comment


        • #49
          I've been lucky. Only flown over field grass and managed to hit TH a good time before he hit. So far, 1 D gear, canopy holder pin (made a new one from brass rod, tail blade holder. Meh, the front of the canopy looks like sharks teeth but still ok. I think I might have been pushing my luck today in the wind.

          Comment


          • #50
            Whoa girl just noticed your post count! What did you join like the other day or something....? Your partner must have cloth ears or a computer like ability to switch off!!

            All meant in the nicest possible way of course, your posts contain much dry wit, which always makes an interesting read.
            Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

            Sponsored by Elite Models.
            http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

            Comment


            • #51
              Meh! I like a natter

              Comment


              • #52
                No .

                Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

                Sponsored by Elite Models.
                http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

                Comment


                • #53
                  Took Limpy out today in 17mph winds gusting to 21! You shoulda heard the crazy names he was calling me, but he was lovin' it really. Till he broke a ball off. What he said then was unprintable in any language. I fair turned red, fact is I had a jealous beetroot staring at me.

                  Kidding aside, he flipped, he flew, he hovered, he crashed a couple of times. Hardy little guy.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    I agree on the parts cost! Total con but if you are going to fly in your living room..............! Lol. I've yet to do any real damage in many, MANY crashes some of them really hard. All at the field though which is where I love flying this thing. It's a bit scary indoors!
                    Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

                    It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

                    Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
                    RCHA Member

                    LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
                    LFXproductions.co.uk
                    For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      You snap any fellas ball off hes gonna complain. Even if he is Limpy.
                      Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

                      Sponsored by Elite Models.
                      http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        He'll be limpy after losing a ball that's for sure!
                        Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

                        It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

                        Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
                        RCHA Member

                        LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
                        LFXproductions.co.uk
                        For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Yeah indoors is a bit wild, dunno how long I'll persist. Few times I have thought maybe safety goggles might be in order. Good job I can sway like Anderson Silva (in me dreams)
                          Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

                          Sponsored by Elite Models.
                          http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Lol! I heard that about you...........
                            Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

                            It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

                            Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
                            RCHA Member

                            LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
                            LFXproductions.co.uk
                            For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Sway not swing, don't get yer hopes up. Although you shouldn't knock it unless you tried and I haven't so.........
                              Mikes Place - Home of the golden dump.

                              Sponsored by Elite Models.
                              http://www.elitemodelsonline.co.uk/

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                How do you adjust the tail gain? I followed the setup in the manual for my dx8 and it sets the gyro to inhibit??

                                Based on the tail wag I am getting, just a little less gain might solve it.

                                Cheers
                                Stuart
                                Cheers
                                Stuart
                                • Trex 600 EFL, Beast X; Trex 450 3GX with Scorpion motor and ESC; Trex 250 DFC, 3GX stock

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X