Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I have tail slop and can go inverted and tank it around in wind. With pucker bearings it would be a right little cracker of a world beater.

    I was anti-130X when I got hold of mine but when I actually got to fly it outside I probably come close to being its greatest fan

    It's up to you. I think it's worth pushing on with.

    Comment


    • #17
      I've also been extremely lucky with my 130X, only things I have had to replace is the crown gear and the main gear

      Comment


      • #18
        I've upgraded the bearings in mine & replaced the tail pitch slider with a Rakonheli item which is so much better & it flies great

        Had it down today @ the RCHA Flyin & was inverted several times & looping it without issue.

        For me it's a great help & I accept the small nuances..

        Goblin 500
        | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
        Spektrum DX8


        GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

        Comment


        • #19
          Kev,it wouldn't fly any better if it had carlsberg bearings,great little heli,im 80-90 flights on mine,i have hit the floor around 15 times so far,ok,more like 30 and all i have replaced is the A gear twice!
          T- rex 600n V-bar
          Logo 550sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar
          Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

          VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by BladeStriker View Post
            Kev,it wouldn't fly any better if it had carlsberg bearings
            I think that quote deserves it's own thread
            Last edited by dogcow; 27-08-2012, 01:45 AM.
            SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

            Comment


            • #21
              It's a great heli with poor quality control. If it develops a terminal problem (not caused by crashes), talk to HH.
              Overall, I highly recommend it, I have so much fun with mine that I don't really feel the urge to fly anything else for time being.
              Michal

              sigpic

              Comment


              • #22
                Mine flew perfectly from the box and still does after 80+ flights. Glad to see that that is the same experience most people have had. There are lots of threads about how to improve or upgrade. But it is reassuring that most are not bothering and just flying the model.

                There is slop in the tail, but not sure it makes a lot of (if any) difference. I did wonder if it would get worse, but it hasnt. But given people are into hundreds of flights now without upgrading, it must still work well enough!

                Only breakage so far is a blade grip linkage ball snapped off.

                What i can say is that my flying has improved massively over the last 3 weeks and if i had had one of these for the last 2 years i would be way ahead of where i am now in terms of ability

                Comment


                • #23
                  Jez, you hit the nail on the head - "It works well enough".

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    so have I just been unlucky, or are there others with the shakes on spool up?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah your right,

                      There are always going to be people that want the latest upgrade but for me the 130x is just a bit of fun between flights.

                      You can pick them up for £140.00 is it really worth trying to "bling" it up? They are what they are, a cheap but good little Heli. Swash grommets, spare crown gear after that just get out and fly the thing!!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        It always vibrates on spool up. Even Blade tell you to get through it quickly. It's the torque rod hitting a resonant frequency during spool up and vibrating like a guitar string. Once past that frequency it quickly stops. Just push through quickly then get yourself ready for take off.

                        My Trex 500 torque tube has a bearing half way down it to stop just that sort of thing q(good design by Align) but the 130X is just too small for one.

                        Your concerns are understandable but give it a go.
                        Last edited by Vikki; 27-08-2012, 09:42 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          dont get me wrong I love the heli, just find the faults a bit frustrsting. Think I will hve to upgrade the bearings that have failed and get on with it!!!!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I think they came with cheap bearings. The movement in the tail shaft isn't because the tail shaft doesn't fit properly, as I first thought, but because the movement is between the inner race and the outer race. I was staggered! Need to order some bearings for my quad so I might as well order some for Limpy as well.

                            Have fun flying 😄

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by kev bell View Post
                              so have I just been unlucky, or are there others with the shakes on spool up?
                              From what I've seen and read, they ALL come with the vibration you are referring to and HH explain why this happens and how to push past it. Personally it doesn't bother me too much but if it's driving you nuts there are a few fixes you can try, I don't think they will ever eliminate the vibes totally but you can certainly tame them if it's driving you crazy.
                              Apart from ORings, CA, masking tape, or expensive upgrades, I haven't actually tried this fix yet, but may be worth a try, it's a cheap and easy fix and makes sense. Curious if anyone has actually tried doing this fix yet: See Vid below

                              How to Eliminate Spool Up Vibration on Blade 130x - YouTube
                              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                A little bit of tail wag but aside from that mine is not too bad. If microheli get the tail parts back in stock I might upgrade those but that aside great for flying around my underground parking.
                                Cheers
                                Stuart
                                • Trex 600 EFL, Beast X; Trex 450 3GX with Scorpion motor and ESC; Trex 250 DFC, 3GX stock

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X