Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blade 130x

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Blade 130x

    Hello all,

    is it just me or has Horizon/eflight/blade delivered another product short of development? After suffering the DX8 problems, then the MCPX (with problems that have been solved in the V2 with ideas taken from the buyers, swash grommets, longer tail boom etc) is the 130x the same?

    After six flights the bearings are shot, the tail assembley has so much slop its a joke, it is still a great heli but could have been so much better its very frustrasting!!! Do I shell out another £25 on proper bearing, and £X on tail grips etc or send it back to HH? Anybodyelse feel like this?

    what should i do next accept it or send it back?

  • #2
    I have to admit, I'v been lucky. I changed the crown gear and that's it. Flown 100's of times, crashed just as much and still flies awesome.
    Field of Doom Flight Club - Founding Member, regular contributor!

    It is sometimes better to remain quiet and be thought a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt.

    Proud owner of 2 x Eddie Goldstars
    RCHA Member

    LFXproductions create high quality video productions.
    LFXproductions.co.uk
    For more info email us at dan@lfxproductions.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      nothing here - well apart of a half tooth on the gear from a hard crash - either and I tend to fly batteries back to back even ...
      Sev

      ---
      Thunder Tiger E700 BD3SX
      Trex 700E DFC HV BD3SX (Night Flyer)
      Trex 450L DFC BD3SX
      Trex 150 PRO DFC
      Blade Nano CP X
      Blade mCP X v2
      Blade 130X
      DJI Inspire 1
      DJI Phantom 2 iOSDmini
      EMAX Nighthawk 280 Pro FPV Racer
      EMAX 250 Pro V2 FPV Racer

      Futaba 18MZ
      Phoenix V5, AccuRC, neXt & RX2SIM
      ​
      MK Heli Club MKMAA

      Proud Owner of:

      Comment


      • #4
        so has yours got the tail vibs during spool up and play in the tail blade grips/bearing etc?

        Comment


        • #5
          Love mine,

          Flys well straight out the box, only thing I've had to do was to put the canopy grommets on.

          Going to need to replace the crown gear at some point but to be fair I'm happy.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mines got tail vibes during spool up and lots of play in tail assembly but it still flies just fine.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by kev bell View Post
              so has yours got the tail vibs during spool up and play in the tail blade grips/bearing etc?
              well some say this is normal, I tend to spool up quite quickly rather than a soft start, short wiggle and off it goes ...
              Sev

              ---
              Thunder Tiger E700 BD3SX
              Trex 700E DFC HV BD3SX (Night Flyer)
              Trex 450L DFC BD3SX
              Trex 150 PRO DFC
              Blade Nano CP X
              Blade mCP X v2
              Blade 130X
              DJI Inspire 1
              DJI Phantom 2 iOSDmini
              EMAX Nighthawk 280 Pro FPV Racer
              EMAX 250 Pro V2 FPV Racer

              Futaba 18MZ
              Phoenix V5, AccuRC, neXt & RX2SIM
              ​
              MK Heli Club MKMAA

              Proud Owner of:

              Comment


              • #8
                Believe it or not, but for all its faults, it is a very durable heli. I'm learning inverted on it and it's taking the abuse and I have slop in my tail. Some of the slop can be reduced by loosening the shaft collar and pressing it hard against the bearing. In mine it took about half the slop out. I'm going to get better tail bearings for mine at some point but right now he flies and he flies good.

                It's a keeper. Might need tweaking but worth it. If they had made it perfect I suspect it would have been beyond most peoples reach (sort of).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Mine also flies great when you get it of the ground, apart from the the tail slop, vibs during spool up, battery connector, bearings etc its so frustrating, maybe i am expecting to much from a £150 heli ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by r4nd0m View Post
                    well some say this is normal, I tend to spool up quite quickly rather than a soft start, short wiggle and off it goes ...
                    I have flown 4,seen another one,they all have it.....just fly it till it falls apart and then worry! LOL

                    Tail slid mine straight into terra firm today and now i have no teeth on gear A,so waiting for the metal one,that small metal gear gets me goat when fitting new gears,big fat fingers don't help!
                    T- rex 600n V-bar
                    Logo 550sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar
                    Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                    VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      maybe I just expect to much, but should we realy accept something that we know is wrong?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by kev bell View Post
                        is it just me or has Horizon/eflight/blade delivered another product short of development?
                        yes it suffers from the same problem as the mCPX, i bought a 130X yesterday it wasn't to bad until i stuck on the non bullets and tried some FFF, the heli freaked out on me just about causing a crash, its about time they sorted out the problems at 0 pitch when your unloading the head or whatever u want to call it, very annoying.

                        the tail pitch slider though it works is pretty poor.
                        Last edited by n00by; 26-08-2012, 09:06 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think for all the faults its still a great little heli, you just need to twiddle about with it more than you would expect from a "rtf" model
                          Sab Goblin 500

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kev bell View Post
                            maybe I just expect to much, but should we realy accept something that we know is wrong?
                            No, we shouldn't but the 130X is one of those rare and unique animals. There's nothing else like it and it can teach you so much.

                            When I first got mine it flew for a few seconds then ejected its A gear screw leaving Limpy to head to the deck. I was going to send it back for a refund but some wise people on here persuaded me to give it another go. I'm very happy I did. From inverting Limpy I managed to invert my 500.

                            In this case instance it's needs must when the devil drives. It's not like theres another choice.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I accept it is a great little heli, but no amount of twiddling can sort out the bearings, tail slop etc

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X