Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not a happy bunny at all!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Not a happy bunny at all!!

    So been having problems with static hits screwing up my 720. So I rerouted the gyro wires just to see if it would make a difference. pop out into the garden to spool up and see...then this happens






    Phil
    "Be who you are and say what you think...
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind... don't matter"


    Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

  • #2
    What happened there Phil

    Looks bad.

    I assume its the Align SC?
    sigpicx2

    Airskipper 50 - For sale

    Comment


    • #3
      the magic smoke has escaped.
      Sponsored by CSM, Optifuel


      Your RC Heli World

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah it is

        Dunno.

        Spooled up in normal, headspeed starts to pick up, flick to ST1 and it slowed and then caught fire
        Phil
        "Be who you are and say what you think...
        Because those that matter...don't mind...
        And those that mind... don't matter"


        Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Ashley Davis View Post
          the magic smoke has escaped.

          I noticed, the house stinks of it now
          Phil
          "Be who you are and say what you think...
          Because those that matter...don't mind...
          And those that mind... don't matter"


          Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

          Comment


          • #6
            Phil

            I know this may not be the ideal time, but I have a brand new Align 60A ESC that I can let you have at half of the new price (£30), although after that experience you may want to try a different make!!

            Cheers
            Russ
            Cheers Russ


            x4 Eddie Gold Stars!

            Comment


            • #7
              Cheers Russ.

              I've just taken the ESC to my LHS and they will send it back.

              They have given me a Synergy 60A for now as it normally takes 6 months for Robbe to sort out Align returns

              So for now I'm sorted
              Phil
              "Be who you are and say what you think...
              Because those that matter...don't mind...
              And those that mind... don't matter"


              Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

              Comment


              • #8
                too many of these do this. Not good.
                All the best
                Tony.
                Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


                Comment


                • #9
                  Gutted for you. Least it didn't happen in flight.

                  I do the same as you and select idle-up on the ground.
                  Oliver Crawford - Align 12S T-rex 600e, Align 610 x3, Spartan 760, tail Align 620, Scorpion 4025-630 KV, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 80A ice.

                  Align T-rex 700e, Align 610 x3, 3g, Spartan 760,Align 650, Bec pro, Castle Creations HV 110A.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bigbellypopper View Post
                    Phil

                    I know this may not be the ideal time, but I have a brand new Align 60A ESC that I can let you have at half of the new price (£30), although after that experience you may want to try a different make!!

                    Cheers
                    Russ
                    Russ.

                    I'd be happy to give you £30 plus postage for the esc if its for sale.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I flick into idle up in order to spool up, that way you save putting a big current spike through it at switch over.
                      Sponsored by CSM, Optifuel


                      Your RC Heli World

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ashley Davis View Post
                        I flick into idle up in order to spool up, that way you save putting a big current spike through it at switch over.




                        Just started doing the same here.

                        Normal mode is almost unused on my set now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          its now looking like its taken out my Rx to some extent as well Either that or all my cyclic servos as the only thing now working appears to be the tail servo
                          Phil
                          "Be who you are and say what you think...
                          Because those that matter...don't mind...
                          And those that mind... don't matter"


                          Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I do on my 450 but that has a proper ESC fitted I still don't fully trust Align stuff to do as its told!!
                            Phil
                            "Be who you are and say what you think...
                            Because those that matter...don't mind...
                            And those that mind... don't matter"


                            Blade 130x, Park Zone Mini Sukhoi, EDF F16 thingy, some Gliders and some broken stuff

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              WOW, People still use Align ESC's, blimey.


                              Clones are bad


                              .... that includes Align ones

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X