If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Hobbywing 130 V4 -- which setting for external gov
I am just going to say this ,.... you wont better the built in hobbywing gov,... it's awesome.....it just works,... fit the esc , set end points and fly....
I have tried the external v bar neo gov and its awful, not tried spartan though , but honestly , but use the esc gov
Well ive tried it with both the gov on the vx1 and the esc, the esc seems "better" but that is probably my lack of understanding when it comes to setting them up.
How do i reduce the start up time / throttle ?
How do i get it to bail out quicker after an auto as it seems to stop completely before restarting? I have reduced the start up time to its lowest which is 4s.
Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e 780L Top - VBar Neo
2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n
I set start up time to 10s. The bailout is a function of throttle. The first ramp up won't be affected but subsequent restarts if they fall within the time frame you have set for bailout to work I set 30 seconds will be quick. Set you throttle hold to 40% that will tell the Esc you want to use bailout. To knock bailout feature off it needs to time out or see 0% throttle again. I found I could leave my hold at 40% all the time, it would arm fine, auto bailout fine and had a switch to go to 0% but I never used it.
So basically with the prog box,
Set spool up time,
Set autobailout ramp up time 1.5 secs is reasonable,
Set time out time, 30seconds,
Set throttle hold to 40% (depends on transmitter but should be around 25-40%)
Try 25%-30% throttle hold. Assuming using hw gov and it's set to a heli gov function. Also have you taught it your end points 0-100 before trying all of this?
It all works fine at a lower percentage, I understand it a bit better now thank you maj.
Yes, I did the throttle calibration as per the manual before doing anything else, its currently setup for govstore and i have disabled the gov in the vx1.
It restarts nice and quick which is nice, might actually practice some autos now!
Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e 780L Top - VBar Neo
2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n
I am just going to say this ,.... you wont better the built in hobbywing gov,... it's awesome.....it just works,... fit the esc , set end points and fly....
I have tried the external v bar neo gov and its awful, not tried spartan though , but honestly , but use the esc gov
Rach, I've just bought a 700x and it's got the Align bl130 esc on it, which I believe is the same as the HW? Not used of these before, how do I use esc gov? I've got a prog box, I've done end points and using 0-60% N, iup 1 80% flat line and IU 2 85%, seems to fly sweet, but just want to make sure I've got it all set up correctly.
Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
Trex 600 ESP brain 2
and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field
Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!
The Align 130A that comes with the 700X is the same hardware as the Hobbywing, but it uses different firmware which is how they limit it to 12S vs the 14S capable Hobbywing. The earlier versions of the Align ESC could be flashed with Hobbywing firmware to give full 14S support, but that loophole got changed with later versions (would be worth trying if you have a HW programming box though)
There are two governor modes; Gov ELF and Gov Store. They both work well but Gov Store has the edge because it doesnt need to re-calibrate on each spoolup, just once on the first spoolup after setting the ESC. The % values will depend on what RPM you want to run, but most of my helis end up flying in the 80-85% range.
The Align 130A that comes with the 700X is the same hardware as the Hobbywing, but it uses different firmware which is how they limit it to 12S vs the 14S capable Hobbywing. The earlier versions of the Align ESC could be flashed with Hobbywing firmware to give full 14S support, but that loophole got changed with later versions (would be worth trying if you have a HW programming box though)
There are two governor modes; Gov ELF and Gov Store. They both work well but Gov Store has the edge because it doesnt need to re-calibrate on each spoolup, just once on the first spoolup after setting the ESC. The % values will depend on what RPM you want to run, but most of my helis end up flying in the 80-85% range.
I will never use 14s,so I'll leave it as is, how do I set gov store?
Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
Trex 600 ESP brain 2
and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field
Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!
Before we begin setting up the governor you will need to calibrate the ESC to your motor. Ensure that your transmitter has a full range of throttle 0-100 or -100->100 on the throttle channel using your transmitters monitor.
Here are the steps to calibrate the ESC:
1.(With all blades removed) move the stick on your transmitter to full throttle.
2. Power up your ESC and it will make a few tones.
3. Lower the stick to zero throttle and they ESC will tone again.
4. Disconnect power, throttle has now been calibrated.
Here are the steps to enable the Governor with Gov Store:
1. Plug program box into ESC program port and power up
2. Select "Gov Store" mode on the program box and press OK to save.
3. Power down the ESC, unplug program box again ensure ALL blades are removed.
4. Set one of your Idle Up's to 50% throttle
5. Fully charge your lipo pack
6. In a safe location power up the heli
7. Spool up the heli and switch to Idle Up 50%, the ESC will gradually provide full power. Once RPM stop rising let heli sit for at least 11 seconds. During this time the ESC will learn that is max RPM. Spool down.
8. Disconnect power.
Once re-armed the ESC will remember max rpm and will utilize your throttle percentage based on that RPM. I recommend using Mr. Mels headspeed calculator to obtain your desired throttle percentage for each Idle up or use a tach.
I used mr mels with the kontronic gov to get the hs percentage and the heli sounds very similar to the settings i had in the vx1 2050 ish but havent checked it with a tach yet
Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n
Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e 780L Top - VBar Neo
2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n
What Chisleematt21 said, except the official Hobbywing instructions dont say to remove the blades and I never do when I've calibrated the RPM. In fact the official instructions say to set main blade pitch to zero during RPM standardisation, which seems to infer the blades are fitted. Calibration on the Hobbywing is done at a low throttle curve (about 50% but it's not critical) so the RPM is very low, thus nothing to worry about if you do it with the blades on (unlike YGE which is calibrated at 100% throttle).
If you do do it with blades off (which will work fine too) make sure to remove main and tail blades and make sure the heli is stable and secure. I say this after having a heli tip over while calibrating RPM with mains removed, which was frustrating because with no main blades there is bugger all you can do to stop it when it starts to tip, all you can do is hit TH and lessen the damage!
Comment