Well its taken since the 3D masters to actually get my Synergy into the air, with holidays, work, being full of cold and finally a vibration issue.
Stripped the head down twice, put more washers into the head to tighten up the dampening, took the engine out and replaced the collet with the updated version and re-dialled the head. I was running SAB 710 3D blades that were on my Vibe and flew perfectly fine on the Vibe until I put a set of Radix blades on the Vibe for a change.
Got to the field and again the vibration was still there. So as the last resort I swapped the blades over.
Yippee - No vibration - Still stumped on the SAB Blades as they fly fine on the Vibe and have been weighed at work to be identical. Haven't balanced the two blades but given they worked fine on the Vibe I'm not sure why they caused such an issue on the Synergy.
Anyway's, with I could only put three tanks through the Synergy as I had a family kids party to got to (How exciting !! - wouldn't be so bad if the little maddam behaved, but she's a spoilt bratt - Family!!).
Running on 30% Magnum the engine was running sweet, a little trimming with crosswind and she was hovering nicely. Didn't do much as the clock had run out so quick so I did some high auto's to finish off the flights and it hangs well at the bottom.
Looking forward to the next flight for sure.
Stripped the head down twice, put more washers into the head to tighten up the dampening, took the engine out and replaced the collet with the updated version and re-dialled the head. I was running SAB 710 3D blades that were on my Vibe and flew perfectly fine on the Vibe until I put a set of Radix blades on the Vibe for a change.
Got to the field and again the vibration was still there. So as the last resort I swapped the blades over.
Yippee - No vibration - Still stumped on the SAB Blades as they fly fine on the Vibe and have been weighed at work to be identical. Haven't balanced the two blades but given they worked fine on the Vibe I'm not sure why they caused such an issue on the Synergy.
Anyway's, with I could only put three tanks through the Synergy as I had a family kids party to got to (How exciting !! - wouldn't be so bad if the little maddam behaved, but she's a spoilt bratt - Family!!).
Running on 30% Magnum the engine was running sweet, a little trimming with crosswind and she was hovering nicely. Didn't do much as the clock had run out so quick so I did some high auto's to finish off the flights and it hangs well at the bottom.
Looking forward to the next flight for sure.


Comment