Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 550 Fusuno Red metal grommet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logo 550 Fusuno Red metal grommet

    Has any one used these on their 550?
    Did you have problems getting the canopy on and off?
    They seem to be ridiculously tight!
    Last edited by chrisleematt21; 02-04-2015, 10:29 AM.
    Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
    Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n

    Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
    Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e
    780L Top - VBar Neo
    2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n
    Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n

    Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
    Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n
    Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n
    Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n

    Jeti DS14 BK edition
    DX9
    Pheonix R/C
    AccuRC
    neXt


  • #2
    What's the point of them? Stock canopy mounts/grommets seem to work fine ? Did you see the comment at the bottom ?

    Assembly Instruction: It's recommended to use a reamer to enlarge canopy mounting holes to fit the aluminum grommet.
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'



    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
      What's the point of them? Stock canopy mounts/grommets seem to work fine ? Did you see the comment at the bottom ?

      Assembly Instruction: It's recommended to use a reamer to enlarge canopy mounting holes to fit the aluminum grommet.
      Yes I saw the comment and I made the hole bigger so that they would fit.

      I imagine their point is to hold the canopy on!
      Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
      Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n

      Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
      Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e
      780L Top - VBar Neo
      2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n
      Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n

      Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
      Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n
      Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n
      Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n

      Jeti DS14 BK edition
      DX9
      Pheonix R/C
      AccuRC
      neXt

      Comment


      • #4
        I found the stock canopy fitting grommets to be perfectly adequate to hold that canopy tight and in place. They seem to just be unnecessary bling to me...

        They might need a bit of lubrication if you have reamed canopy and its still too tight. Drop of oil on the canopy post should do it
        Stainburn Helicopter Club
        Sab Goblin 700 Competition Carbon
        Sab Goblin Black Nitro 650
        MSH Protos 380


        Vbar Control

        Comment


        • #5
          If you do use oil on canopy rubbers make sure it doesn't then slip off too easily... have had that happen in flight!

          Agree with others, stock mounts on logo's are fine, no need for this bling. FWIW I always use velcro at the back of the cano for extra security and also stops fluttering on high speed runs.
          Phil

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by philipjdall View Post
            If you do use oil on canopy rubbers make sure it doesn't then slip off too easily... have had that happen in flight!

            Agree with others, stock mounts on logo's are fine, no need for this bling. FWIW I always use velcro at the back of the cano for extra security and also stops fluttering on high speed runs.
            I have velcro on the back of mine, I looked at using magnets but wondered if that would cause issues with the Flybarless!?!?!

            Well now I have made the holes far to big for the standard ones so I am stuck with these ones.

            I'll give the oil ago.
            Thanks for advice folks.
            Oxy 2 - Spartan VX1n
            Trex 700XN - Spartan VX1n

            Trex 700N DTS - Spartan VX1n
            Logo 690SX - Spartan VX1e
            780L Top - VBar Neo
            2 x 700L Top - Spartan VX1n
            Logo 550SX - Spartan VX1n

            Goblin 570 (6s) - Spartan VX1n
            Trex 550E Pro DFC - Spartan VX1n
            Trex 450L Dominator (6s) - Spartan VX1n
            Trex 450 Plus DFC - Spartan VX1n

            Jeti DS14 BK edition
            DX9
            Pheonix R/C
            AccuRC
            neXt

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by chrisleematt21 View Post
              ..

              I imagine their point is to hold the canopy on!
              LOL. Yes. My point was the stock solution seems to work pretty well I find!

              That said, quite a few of the guys at our club also use a USB-2 connector at the back of the canopy (where the wraparound meets) to form a neat seal overall. I think you can get basic USB connectors from maplins for a couple of quid.

              Here's a link for it : http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/mikado...go-owners.html
              Tom
              sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
              SAB Goblin 630 Competition
              - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
              Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
              Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
              .... and a Gaui X3
              Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
              ... and two EGS'



              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by chrisleematt21 View Post
                I have velcro on the back of mine, I looked at using magnets but wondered if that would cause issues with the Flybarless!?!?!

                .
                The post I linked to above mentions a potential problem with the magnet method ...
                Tom
                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                .... and a Gaui X3
                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                ... and two EGS'



                Comment

                Working...
                X