Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 690sx size comparisons

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by PeteStewardson View Post
    I'm beginning to think that might be the way forward.
    Pete
    I sold my Rave Ballistic airframe to a guy in the USA and I'd be lying if I said I don't miss it, but I bought a Logo 690 to replace it and after a
    few months of flying it I must admit that it's really awesome and I'm really enjoying it. Its a little lighter in weight than your traditional 700 size
    heli, but once it's fitted out with decent components and a 12S 5000Mah Li-Po pack it flies super stable and accurate and does have a great presence
    in the air. No, its not as big as a Ballistic or an ENV but it really does fly just as nice and gives you long flight times. I'm one of the few that can speak from actual experience having gone from a Ballistic 700 to a 690 directly and it's great.
    Garry
    Last edited by Bluegarry1; 25-05-2015, 07:21 PM.
    Logo690SX with Spirit System
    Logo550SE with Spirit System
    Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks Gary very useful info.

      I have to say I keep considering selling the Ballistic and getting a 690 as I enjoy flying the 550sx so much, there is something about the way it flies. But with the prices Ballistics are selling at, it doesn't seem worth it.

      Pete
      Pete

      Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
      Lynx Heli Team Pilot

      Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

      Comment


      • #18
        Pete
        I had my Ballistic airframe up for sale for a good couple of months and no-one here in the UK was interested.
        Then suddenly I had enquiries from Germany, Italy and America. Eventually it was sold to a guy in Texas as he
        was more than happy to pay the shipping cost and give me the £225.00 I was asking. The trouble is there are so few
        pilots in the UK who realise just how good the Rave ENV's and Ballistic are, especially in electric form.

        I also enjoyed my Logo 550 but have recently fitted a longer boom and 600mm blades to it and it now flies better than
        ever with the little bit of extra weight. The Logo 690 is a stunning heli and so stable to fly. I actually prefer it to the 700
        and i'm in no way tempted to get one of the new plastic 700's thats soon to be released. At least the frames and many parts
        are common to my Logo 550, 690, and my Uvular.
        Garry
        Last edited by Bluegarry1; 27-05-2015, 07:48 PM.
        Logo690SX with Spirit System
        Logo550SE with Spirit System
        Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

        Comment


        • #19
          I know I sound like a broken record Pete, I'd get a 450KV motor and run the Ballistic at about 1450-1500 headspeed. Mine flew excellent at those headspeeds and I had 8 minutes of flying time easily, which is usually all I want. I only sold mine because the guy I bought it from wanted to get back into flying and I had too many helis.

          (in fact, I might still have a Scorpion 4035/450 I'd swap you)
          Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
          Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
          Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

          member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
          Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

          Comment


          • #20
            I put a 530KV motor in it Sheryl, but I realised after I'd finished on Saturday that I was running at 60% on the throttle so I was probably running a higher headspeed than when I had the 560kv motor in it. I might try a lower headspeed and play about with setup and see what it feels like. Easy enough to do and I can then decide what to do later.
            Pete

            Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
            Lynx Heli Team Pilot

            Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PeteStewardson View Post
              I put a 530KV motor in it Sheryl, but I realised after I'd finished on Saturday that I was running at 60% on the throttle so I was probably running a higher headspeed than when I had the 560kv motor in it. I might try a lower headspeed and play about with setup and see what it feels like. Easy enough to do and I can then decide what to do later.
              Yeah if you're using a Jive you can go quite low on throttle % but at some point the governor won't work as well as it should. I'm running my Faifa at 49% and the gov still works great. When running lowish headspeeds like that I have my pitch range at about +/- 14 to get back the feel I like at mid stick.
              Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
              Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
              Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

              member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
              Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

              Comment


              • #22
                Yeah I have run it at 50% with no issues previously.
                Pete

                Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                Comment


                • #23
                  Flew the Ballistic again today, added some expo which tamed it as I'd forgotten to add some when I set it up on vControl. I have to say though, I think the Ballistic is a fantastic 3D machine, but I prefer the way the 550sx flies for my sort of pootleing about.
                  Pete

                  Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                  Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                  Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X