Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 690sx size comparisons

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logo 690sx size comparisons

    Does anyone have photos comparing the 690sx to a 550sx and also other 700 sized helis?

    The more I fly my 550sx the more I like it and I'm thinking of selling my Rave Ballistic ( or Ballistics as I have one built and at least 2 others in parts. ) and getting a logo 690sx or maybe waiting for the 700sx later in the year. I assume the 690sx would be fine running on 12s 4000mah so I can still share packs with the 550.

    My only issue is the Rave runs 710 Radix blades and has huge presence in the air, and I'm not sure the 690 will have that to the same level. And I have a stock of Matt Black 700's and none of those blades will work with the 690 will they? So I'd end up selling up a lot of kit and the only thing form the ballistic I could use would be the ESC, FBL, and servos. I'd need a new motor as mines a 4035-530 which would be too much for a 12s 690sx.
    Pete

    Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
    Lynx Heli Team Pilot

    Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

  • #2
    Personally I'd probably wait for the new 700xx, although the 690sx seems to run well and many are happy with it. The main problem for me is the one way bearing and main shaft, which were originally designed for the 500/600 machines. The OWB locks directly onto the 10mm shaft with no sleeve, so is a known weak spot when you run larger blades. They say the have got round the problem by stacking two bearings vertically but I'm not 100% convinced.

    I'm sure it could swing 700mm blades, wether that would be a good idea I don't know.

    Anyway I will be getting the plastic 700 but it may be some time until it is released.
    Last edited by philipjdall; 30-03-2015, 02:18 PM.
    Phil

    Comment


    • #3
      The advantage of the 690SX is it is light. You can run low head speeds and get very long flight times. Also it will share most parts with your 550SX. Main disadvantage is it requires an odd KV motor that can't easily be sold or reused in a different model.

      The new 700 will most likely be a much better machine for hard 3D, with a bullet proof drive train. I doubt it will be lighter than a TT E700 or Synery E7 so don't expect long flight times.

      Comment


      • #4
        Yeah but that is exactly what the 600SE was about. Light, long flight times with low headspeeds.

        Chassis and head look ALOT lighter on the plastic 700 pics I've seen. Will be interesting to see how much it weighs. Who knows it may be a challenger on weight.
        Phil

        Comment


        • #5
          The 690 has the same presence as the 600, a true 700/90 has tons more presence.
          Yes the big sigpic is coming back

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by p4ddy View Post
            The 690 has the same presence as the 600, a true 700/90 has tons more presence.
            Hmmm so it wont compare to the Ballistic then as that has a bigger canopy than most and so looks even larger in the air.
            Pete

            Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
            Lynx Heli Team Pilot

            Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

            Comment


            • #7
              I have all the SX sizes and think the 600SX is better than the 690.

              I run my 690 on a 450Kv motor,14t pinion and its fine.

              I also run it on 3300 and 4000 packs,low headspeed it will do well over 5 mins on both pack sizes.

              Its raised skids and long canopy make it bigger than the Rex 700 and E700.(slightly)

              IMHO the E700 is the better model by far.

              I can see me getting rid of the 690 at some point as i have better 700 options,i think its the weakest link of the plastic logos.
              Last edited by ChrisB; 30-03-2015, 02:59 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                You are right in that you won't be able to use 700mm blades or run a 530kv motor. Personally I'd keep the ballistic and keep an eye on the new plastic 700 and see how that turns out.
                Matt

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Varelco View Post
                  You are right in that you won't be able to use 700mm blades or run a 530kv motor. Personally I'd keep the ballistic and keep an eye on the new plastic 700 and see how that turns out.
                  I'm beginning to think that might be the way forward.
                  Pete

                  Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                  Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                  Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The plastic 700 that Mikado is bringing out is actually a 700 XXtreme with a plastic frame and not a LOGO 700. So it will be the same size, shape and none frame/head parts as the 700 xxtreme. Due out in the Autumn
                    Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bob H View Post
                      The plastic 700 that Mikado is bringing out is actually a 700 XXtreme with a plastic frame and not a LOGO 700.
                      I'm not sure that you're right about that Bob. The 'XXtreme' suffix has always referred to carbon framed models, and although the shape of the new 700 is clearly inspired by the current xxtreme design I think you'll find that this is just going to be the 'Logo 700'. If you have a look at the pics from rotorlive you can quite clearly see that this is so.

                      Logo-700.jpg

                      As a result I'm sure this will ultimately be the death of the 690SX, which was only conceived as a stopgap as people were constantly asking for a plastic 700. The question is wether the 700XX will remain, or be entirely replaced by the new 700.

                      In my opinion they don't need multiple variants in a size class, but I guess we will have to wait and see.
                      Last edited by philipjdall; 31-03-2015, 07:21 AM.
                      Phil

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The 690 is a compromise and isn't a 700 at all and was made, imo, to try and fill the gap between the 600 and 700 xxtreme but had already been tried with the 600se, or 'goose' as mine used to get called at the field!

                        The Ballistic is brilliant proper 700 and if you want to replace that then Pete wait for the new Logo 700 as that will also be a proper 700, should be pretty light and looks good if you like that sort of thing.

                        The 700 will have the presence you're after as well.
                        George

                        sigpic
                        4x E
                        GS



                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bob H View Post
                          The plastic 700 that Mikado is bringing out is actually a 700 XXtreme with a plastic frame and not a LOGO 700. So it will be the same size, shape and none frame/head parts as the 700 xxtreme. Due out in the Autumn
                          Its not it just uses the same drivetrain. Head and tail parts are completely different.

                          I have got the impression on freak that the 700Xxtreme will be discontinued, somebody quoted a main bod from Mikado saying it.
                          Matt

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Varelco View Post
                            I have got the impression on freak that the 700Xxtreme will be discontinued, somebody quoted a main bod from Mikado saying it.
                            Please can you post a link to that?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Here you go mate:

                              HeliFreak - View Single Post - Rumors of a plastic 700?
                              Matt

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X