Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 690SX thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by philipjdall View Post
    reviews like this just make me want one! I do like my 700xx a lot though
    Also to remember the new proper Logo 700 with plastic frames is in development and rumoured to be out this year,that would interest me a lot too along with V bar software for aeroplanes.

    Comment


    • #17
      I know it's rumored, but has there been any word from the mikado camp on this? Whilst I would love to see a plastic framed 700 I do wonder if it'll happen anytime soon... After all the 690 has only just been released and this would surely cannibalise any future 690 sales.
      Phil

      Comment


      • #18
        Helifreak thread here.

        Rumors of a plastic 700? - HeliFreak

        From that,a post from Dave Dahl.....................

        dahld
        Registered Users



        Join Date: Aug 2007
        Location: Bakersfield, California, USA Default

        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        @ Kilo23's comment:

        "If anyone has any info please share (unless you'll get in trouble)."

        I'd get in trouble. So...water-board me...I'll talk

        Short of being water-boarded, let me say that everyone's known for a long time that a molded "true 700" frame is on Mikado's plate. The V-Control radio stole the priority in the past...which was a good decision on Mikado's part in my opinion.

        But now... The timeline is always the most asked question, but on that question, it's back to the water-board

        Also, the airplane software for the V-Control radio is pretty bitchin'. Saying it exits can't get me in trouble, as Mikado has said it's under development.

        I will say this however: It spoils you REAL quick, compared to flying a "dumb" airplane that uses only transmitter channel mixing to get it to fly like you want it to...which is only correct at one airspeed and one power setting.

        But with V-Bar for airplanes, consider (as an example), doing multiple knife-edge loops with your hand off the right stick

        Oh, and as for hovering (airplanes, not helis), well...

        OK, back to the Logo 700 molded. Yea, it's for real. Time line is the question, and not for me to comment on.

        (-: Dave

        Comment


        • #19
          Nice. Could be a while still

          love the the vcontrol so no complaints from me there!
          Phil

          Comment


          • #20
            Must confess I detested the idea of V Control when it first was announced ,and I really do love with a passion my DX9 but I do find myself getting more and more interested in the concept of it and reading the owners reviews of it is not helping

            Comment


            • #21
              Just wanted to say i flew Garry's 690 a few weeks back and its the best 700 i've flown

              Ray
              Logo 550sx Spirit System
              Goblin 500 Spirit System

              Compass Atom 500 Fly barred
              Compass Warp 360 FBL

              Some of them fpv quad racing things

              And an EGS. Many thanks

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                Also to remember the new proper Logo 700 with plastic frames is in development and rumoured to be out this year,that would interest me a lot too along with V bar software for aeroplanes.
                In what way is the 690 not a "proper" 700?
                Tom
                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                .... and a Gaui X3
                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                ... and two EGS'



                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                  In what way is the 690 not a "proper" 700?

                  Not sure,just quoting what Dave Dahl classes is as saying a 'True 700' is coming.

                  I suppose he means a proper 12mm main shaft,10mm feathering shaft etc etc and not what could still be called a stretched 600.

                  Either way,i love it but I assume the fact Mikado are making one says all.
                  Last edited by ChrisB; 03-01-2015, 07:39 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                    In what way is the 690 not a "proper" 700?
                    I would think the main frame is smaller than say a Trex 700 etc as the frame is the same right from the 5003d to the 690SX. Only the added undertray on the 690 makes it stand taller. That's why I've always liked other 700/90 size heli's as they all look bigger & the Logo always just looks stretched which it is.
                    Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tomatwalden View Post
                      In what way is the 690 not a "proper" 700?
                      At the end of the day many see the 690 as a stretched 600, so those who own a 600 (like myself) haven't taken the jump simply because it isn't 'new'.

                      Don't get me wrong I bet it is a fantastic machine but from a business perspective I think they'd get a lot of mileage if they were to update the design.
                      Phil

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Weighed the 690 with 3300 packs onboard 3950 grams ready to fly

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          the heli is great
                          Mikado Uvular
                          Logo 500se
                          Goblin 500
                          Goblin 380
                          mcpx bl

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by philipjdall View Post
                            At the end of the day many see the 690 as a stretched 600, so those who own a 600 (like myself) haven't taken the jump simply because it isn't 'new'.

                            Don't get me wrong I bet it is a fantastic machine but from a business perspective I think they'd get a lot of mileage if they were to update the design.
                            got to agree, I bought a 690 and only flew it twice, just a bigger version of the 600sx I already had, yes it flew smooth and faultless, but that's just it!! Nothing new to excite me. Needless to say I sold it, IMO my 700dfc gives me a boner every time I fly it, happy days!!!
                            Align trex 700x brain 2 BT
                            SAB Goblin 700 KSE Brain 2 BT
                            Trex 600 ESP brain 2
                            and one helicopter mad son, who drives me bonkers wanting to watch, fly and go to the field


                            Spektrum DX9.......and you can say what you like to the EX Mrs, we split up, so she can #%$€ her self!!!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              So what's the problem with the Xxtreme 700? Why do they need a plastic one in addition/to replace the Xxtreme?
                              Goblin Kraken, SoXos Strike 7, XLPower Specter, Goblin Black Thunder T, Goblin 700 Speed, Goblin 770 Comp Carbon, Trex 700X, Kasama Dune, Henseleit TDR

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Weight basically. 700xx is an extremely capable helicopter but it's very heavy. Not something Mikado is renowned for. 690sx is essentially a beefed up 600se and pretty much a half-way house between the two. Peeps have been wanting a logo with the 700xx size but the 550/600sx weight attributes and flying style forever.
                                Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X