Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 690SX thoughts

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logo 690SX thoughts

    Going to be putting another 700 size in the air and was all set on building an E700 V2 i have sat here to fulfill this but considering bypassing this for now in favour of trying a 690SX so wanted owners opinions of them.

    The requirement is a lightweight model,modest headspeed,good duration.

    Particularly interested in motors being used as i wont consider a Scorpion.

    Ta

  • #2
    I saw a 690 for the first time the other night when I set up Garry's BD3-SX and wow, I have to say having previously gone off the original Logo's purely based on looks this is different and has my eye!!!

    How it flies I cant comment but if the 600se or any of the others are anything to go by then I think its another winner from Mikado. And it looks better as the bulge on the cano is not as pronounced on this one
    + 7 x Eddies finest EGS's


    Comment


    • #3
      Cheers Ben

      Never had a go on an SE or anything so only flown up to the 600 size plastic logo,had an Xxtreme,great but i prefer lighter stuff and like Agile 7.2 over that so sold the Xxtreme on but keeping the 7.2.

      Loving the way the plastic Logos fly and thats why i keep coming back to them.I can imagine the 690 will be awesome,would use a Pyro in it though,i assume the low KV one to go with the 15t pinion recommended.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jamin_00 View Post
        I saw a 690 for the first time the other night when I set up Garry's BD3-SX and wow, I have to say having previously gone off the original Logo's purely based on looks this is different and has my eye!!!
        Im going to fly Garry's 690 tomorrow, looking forward to it, and yes i agree Ben it looks lush

        Ray
        Logo 550sx Spirit System
        Goblin 500 Spirit System

        Compass Atom 500 Fly barred
        Compass Warp 360 FBL

        Some of them fpv quad racing things

        And an EGS. Many thanks

        Comment


        • #5
          Lol Looking forward to seeing it :-)


          Align 700n :: Synergy 766 :: US Coastguard (Scale) :: Logo 550 :: Oxy 2 :: Blade 180cfx :: Blade 130x

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
            Cheers Ben

            Never had a go on an SE or anything so only flown up to the 600 size plastic logo,had an Xxtreme,great but i prefer lighter stuff and like Agile 7.2 over that so sold the Xxtreme on but keeping the 7.2.

            Loving the way the plastic Logos fly and thats why i keep coming back to them.I can imagine the 690 will be awesome,would use a Pyro in it though,i assume the low KV one to go with the 15t pinion recommended.
            Im sure I used to run a 700-45 in my 600se? But no idea on the pinion lol
            + 7 x Eddies finest EGS's


            Comment


            • #7
              Mikado recommend the 15t pinion only on the 690SX paired with the Scorpion 370kv ish motor I think it is so I assume I would go with the pyro 700 450 or I see they so a 340kv one also so should be able to get it right with one of those.

              Comment


              • #8
                Sorry but can't comment on the SX Chris, I did have a 600SE though with a 700-45 but with either a 11 or 12 tooth pinion if I remember correctly, I did like the SE and was really light on 690 blades and similar in some ways to the E700 although having owned both (still have my E700) I think the E700 is a superior heli to fly than the SE.
                Last edited by George J; 28-09-2014, 10:19 AM.
                George

                sigpic
                4x E
                GS



                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah George, but they have changed a lot on the SX vs the SE. New swash, new one way, new tail pulleys and battery mounting etc. as a result it doesn't have the same headspeed limitations the SE did. I certainly don't need any more logos but I too am interested to see what people think!
                  Phil

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Thanks for all input,i am going to hang fire on it for now but will continue to follow this model with interest and it is top of the future wishlist until Fast Lads do their next 10% off sale

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well I finally went for one,running Pyro 700 45 and 14t pinion with helijive.

                      First flights today,in a nutshell...WOW what a helicopter!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        We/I want a video. So how do you find it compared to the 600?? If that is a fair comparison??
                        Yes the big sigpic is coming back

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My impressions of it is that it feels as great and smooth as the 600 but is just so much more floaty on the bigger blades and has so much more bite in the air.

                          The 700 Xxtreme I had IMHO just felt like a big heavy 700,this has that Logo feel that many like still,so its just like a 600 on steroids

                          Flown it on 3300mah and 4500 mah packs today,3300s gave me 4 mins 30 with 40% left,another sedate flight with them had 50% left,didnt check the 4500s

                          Again IMHO as I like light helis the ultimate 700 for me is my Raptor E700,for me that ticks all the boxes,the 690SX may have just spoilt that,although I do prefer the Raptors Torque tube drive over the belt and looks so can just say they are both very good.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChrisB View Post
                            My impressions of it is that it feels as great and smooth as the 600 but is just so much more floaty on the bigger blades and has so much more bite in the air.

                            The 700 Xxtreme I had IMHO just felt like a big heavy 700,this has that Logo feel that many like still,so its just like a 600 on steroids

                            Flown it on 3300mah and 4500 mah packs today,3300s gave me 4 mins 30 with 40% left,another sedate flight with them had 50% left,didnt check the 4500s

                            Again IMHO as I like light helis the ultimate 700 for me is my Raptor E700,for me that ticks all the boxes,the 690SX may have just spoilt that,although I do prefer the Raptors Torque tube drive over the belt and looks so can just say they are both very good.
                            reviews like this just make me want one! I do like my 700xx a lot though
                            Phil

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              The 700Xx sure is a good model

                              Running the 690sx on the 3300s makes it so light,i love doing slow floaty autos,keeping the nose up,using as little negative as possible to make for a slow decent and low headpseed,I did one today and in the wind the heli was just hovering there almost with no decent,you could define the blades thru most of the decent and I still had some reserve at the end to actually hold a hover before landing without having decended quicker to wind the head back up.

                              One chap (hedge) thought it was a helium ballon
                              Last edited by ChrisB; 02-01-2015, 10:12 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X