Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Main Board or Tail Servo ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Main Board or Tail Servo ?

    Hi Guys,

    My 130x has been a little troublesome this year. Last season it ran very well

    I lost my B gear recently when the boom backed out. This time around I've used thread locker to hold it in place.

    After re-assembly and the first test flight I had no tail control the heli just spun on the ground. I noticed a burning smell and pulled the battery off as fast as I could. My initial thoughts were that that it was the board, but on closer inspection I felt the tail servo motor and it was too hot to touch. I checked all over for pinched wires but all the wiring seems fine. I tried to power it up again this time the motor on the servo just spun constantly

    I'm not sure wether its a board or servo fault?

    I suppose the least costly option is to try a new tail servo first. But if it is an actual board fault would it damage another new tail servo?

    Just wanted see if someone more experienced could advice on how to proceed ?

  • #2
    is the cog still on the servo motor?
    1x EGS, TREX 450 PRO DFC & 130X. DX9 radio. No idea what i am doing trying to fly

    Comment


    • #3
      Try and find where the burning smell came from. I'd check to see if there's a short from the signal cable to 5V or 0V. Usually if the motor is running and the pot is moving it's a servo fault. The 130-X can drive a normal servo. It may have a digital (high frequency output), but I doubt it. Try driving an ordinary servo. I don't know how much hacking you want to do...
      Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
      Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
      Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
      Phoenix Sim

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the replies guys.

        Your not going to believe IT's ALIVE

        I went to see if all the tail servo gears were ok. I spun the larger of the two gears and got the servo to roughly centre position.
        Plugged it in again now it works again. It must have been binding or something.

        Not sure how long it will last

        Comment


        • #5
          Sometimes it's better for things to die, rather than come back to life. I'd order a replacement servo and change it as soon as. Sounds like your board is ok, so that's good.
          Flasher 450 Sport. Assan GA250 with 520 tail servo, MKS DS450 cyclic.
          Multiplex Cockpit Tx, DX7, DX6i
          Blade 130-X, MSR, MSRX
          Phoenix Sim

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by cjcj1949 View Post
            Sometimes it's better for things to die, rather than come back to life. I'd order a replacement servo and change it as soon as. Sounds like your board is ok, so that's good.
            Replacement ordered

            Comment

            Working...
            X