Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bit more bling...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bit more bling...

    Got the xtreme frame & blades last week & got round to fitting them over the weekend, nice little kit & went together well.

    It also allows the removal of the front servo without undoing the frame

    Anyway here's a few pics

    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365029069992.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	1913251
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365029108006.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1913252
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1365029141275.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	1913253


    Goblin 500
    | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
    Spektrum DX8


    GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

  • #2
    Looking good! Did it come with the landing great or is that extra? How about the boom support is that stock? I've been thinking about this upgrade also the extended boom supports. How does it fly? Is it similar weight to the stock frame? I think I'd want to add a spin 8000 so hopefully that will fit this frame no issue?
    Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
    Goosky S1
    DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks, the landing gear was extra (albeit a few quid) so thought may as well, boom support is stock & fits well, so far hovered in the kitchen & it feels more solid & locked in.

      I think it's approx 4 grams havier than stock but it's not noticeable yet & have heard that it doesn't affect flight either.

      I am running the Spin 8000 & it's one of the reasons I purchased the frame as the motor mount is moveable so you can mesh correctly & the Spin fits without modification of the frame

      Dan

      Goblin 500
      | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
      Spektrum DX8


      GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks great.

        I got the Lynx longer tail boom supports for mine. It seems to do a good job of preventing the tail from wobbling about. I have just ordered a carbon tail boom. That should be stiffer too.
        Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
        Foamy plank
        icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
        Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Bit more bling...

          Originally posted by Mike Sanders View Post
          Looks great.

          I got the Lynx longer tail boom supports for mine. It seems to do a good job of preventing the tail from wobbling about. I have just ordered a carbon tail boom. That should be stiffer too.
          Thanks Mike, was looking at the longer supports & may swap out in the future but with the first hover in the kitchen it felt nice & locked in, cant wait to try it outside this weekend. ...

          Goblin 500
          | Blade 130x | Blade 180cfx
          Spektrum DX8


          GWR Pilot 2011 & 2012

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mike Sanders View Post
            Looks great.

            I got the Lynx longer tail boom supports for mine. It seems to do a good job of preventing the tail from wobbling about. I have just ordered a carbon tail boom. That should be stiffer too.
            Do you mean boom or TT? As the boom is carbon fibre already. I want to upgrade to the extended boom supports too!
            Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
            Goosky S1
            DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

            Comment

            Working...
            X