Hello
Took my 130X out for a spin this morning. Its a bright blue day but cold about -2'C...
I took 3 batteries, my stock 35C 300 mAh, My overlander 40C 450mAh and a thunder 65C 325mAh
I warmed all batteries in my pocket and in my hands before the flights, and decided to start with the stock battery, with my timer at 4min.
So the stock had good performance to start with but died in the air at 2min 30sec and the heli fell out of the sky. Luckilly no damage at all...
Then I went to the overlander, this flew great, better power than the stock and kept going at constant power until the 4 mins was up and still felt like it had plenty more to give! By far my favourite choice for the day.
The Thunder went off like the clappers loads of power way more in fact but had no stamina it shot down in power to weaker than stock after about 1min 30 sec but held in that steady space until the 4 mins was up. You could still fly well and performed ok just felt weak.
So I will wait for a warm day if we get any this year and try the test again and see what happens. Up til now the stock battery has been fine. The overlander is always great and its the first time I have flown the thunder.
The only problem with the over lander is the shape its not such a snug fit like the thunder and the stock battery. But I am sure I can live with that if its the best for flying
Took my 130X out for a spin this morning. Its a bright blue day but cold about -2'C...
I took 3 batteries, my stock 35C 300 mAh, My overlander 40C 450mAh and a thunder 65C 325mAh
I warmed all batteries in my pocket and in my hands before the flights, and decided to start with the stock battery, with my timer at 4min.
So the stock had good performance to start with but died in the air at 2min 30sec and the heli fell out of the sky. Luckilly no damage at all...

Then I went to the overlander, this flew great, better power than the stock and kept going at constant power until the 4 mins was up and still felt like it had plenty more to give! By far my favourite choice for the day.
The Thunder went off like the clappers loads of power way more in fact but had no stamina it shot down in power to weaker than stock after about 1min 30 sec but held in that steady space until the 4 mins was up. You could still fly well and performed ok just felt weak.
So I will wait for a warm day if we get any this year and try the test again and see what happens. Up til now the stock battery has been fine. The overlander is always great and its the first time I have flown the thunder.
The only problem with the over lander is the shape its not such a snug fit like the thunder and the stock battery. But I am sure I can live with that if its the best for flying


Comment