Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Metal A Gear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Metal A Gear

    Got the metal A gear for my 130x but the holes for the supplied screws are two small.....WTF!

    Anyone else had this issue?
    ​Danny

    Dx9
    130x

    Goblin 700

    CGM neXt

  • #2
    Hello
    Fitted a metal gear to my 130x the other week, it is best to work the screws in a half turn at a time backing off with the gear in your hands till they are
    through the hole, then fit on the shaft.....
    Regards Adrian

    I AM SPARTAN V4 + Spirit---TT--RAPTOR-E820 x 2-E755-E700--SYNERGY-E7SE--ALIGN-600PRO

    --... ...-- neXt



    A few bits and bobs & a few electric gizmos to stir the air.

    Comment


    • #3
      The screws have stripped there threads due to me trying to wind them in, they where real tight.
      ​Danny

      Dx9
      130x

      Goblin 700

      CGM neXt

      Comment


      • #4
        Dry fitting the screws before fitting is a must.They are bloody tight first go!
        T- rex 600n V-bar
        Logo 550sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar
        Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

        VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

        Comment


        • #5
          My screws now look like two pins! No thread left....oops!
          ​Danny

          Dx9
          130x

          Goblin 700

          CGM neXt

          Comment


          • #6
            They shouldn't be so tight that they strip the thread. I didn't have any problem with mine.

            TBH, you should have screwed the screws into the metal gear separately first just to get them to work in.


            Ahh well, at least you know for next time !

            Comment


            • #7
              I had the same problem. I had to take the metal gear off again and work the screws in half a turn at a time and then back again until they went far enough. I backed them right off and then fitted the gear back on the helicopter. I was then able to tighten them up enough to go into the hole in the main shaft. It didn't do the heads of the screws much good. I may have a little difficulty taking them out.
              It flies very nicely now. I only crashed once this morning, into the gravel in my garden. No damage!
              Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
              Foamy plank
              icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
              Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

              Comment


              • #8
                Metal A Gear

                I turned a fraction to hard and the head came off leaving the screw impossible to remove. I will need to drill it out if I ever need to get my A gear off again
                Charles - Align 500EFL Pro - Blade 130x - Blade mCPx v2 - Spektrum DX6i & Phoenix Sim

                Comment


                • #9
                  Got both screws in Threads where not as bad as I first thought. Only stripped the first part of the screw so with some gentle(yeah right)persuation they went it.
                  ​Danny

                  Dx9
                  130x

                  Goblin 700

                  CGM neXt

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Where did you get the gear from ?
                    Goblin , 380 Carbon
                    Oxy 4 - 360
                    Oxy 4 - 325
                    Oxy 3 - 250 , 3s
                    Oxy 3 - 250 , 4s
                    Oxy 3 - 280 , 3s
                    Oxy 2 - 190
                    Oxy 2 - 210
                    XK K110. X 4 (best micro I’ve ever owned)
                    Spektrum DX9
                    Revolectrix PL6 & PL8

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X