Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random tail wag

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Random tail wag

    Hi all i just rebuilt my whole tail stock except pitch slider extreme one and lynx tail grips and i now get random tail wag it generally happens when i put tail inputs to the heli or when first spinning up. Same thing i suposse as heli is correcting just wondered if you had any ideas how to solve it. I'm on -7 gain already as it was much worse with the gain turned up

  • #2
    have u cleaned the tail servo recently?

    Comment


    • #3
      have you tried gain from lowest setting working upwards that's how i did mine but the wag was present most of the time.
      Today's outlook is fine for flying.
      • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
      • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
      • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
      • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
      • Flickr Through My Pictures.
      • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

      Comment


      • #4
        No not cleaned the tail servo will have a look and see what needs doing. Never done it before any pointers would be appreciated

        Comment


        • #5
          Random tail wag

          I had a random violent tail wag caused by a twitchy tail servo today, a quick squirt of contact cleaner and its as good as new
          DX8

          Phoenix
          RealFlight 7

          Mcpx BL

          Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

          Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

          Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

          Comment


          • #6
            aye or strip it down and clean with contact cleaner and a cotton bud or something.

            once the servo is goosed install a DS35

            Comment


            • #7
              if its only on start up try spooling up a bit slower, as the massive amount of torque on start will indeed spin the heli, and there is no way the tail rotor will be at an efficient rpm to cope
              Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

              Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi thanks all for your help it did just need a good clean. Why is it we can't think of the easiest fix? All good gain back up to plus 3 and holding strong.
                What would i do without you guy's?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hi all

                  I am new on here but not to heli flying.

                  I recently bought a 130x, fantastic peice of kit, but after a small tail first incident, the tail starting violently shaking and I found I had stripped a tooth from the tail drive gear on the main shaft. I have replaced it with the metal upgrade option and while I was at it, did the bearing upgrade with a kit from RC-Hero.

                  Since doing this I cannot get rid of the violent shaking. This is no small oscillation, it's almost unflyable.

                  I have spent 3 days trying to get rid of this since. I have the gyro down -3. The tail boom is not broken. I have changed to the spare tail gears just in case. I have tried tightening and losing the tail blade grips.

                  At a loss to explain it. Any ideas?

                  Also, if I need to clean the tail gyro with contact cleaner, are we talking the plug here or something on the servo itself?

                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The track on the servo.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      here's a video of someone cleaning a mcpx servo, same kind of thing for the 130x. (skip to 2:45)


                      Blade mCPx Servo Cleaning - YouTube

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nvkiller, your tail servo may have moved slightly. You could try moving it closer to the tail or further away. I found that sometime causes wag or reduced tail control.
                        Paz

                        Goblin Black Nitro
                        Goblin 380
                        Oxy 2
                        Vcontrol

                        Leicester Heli Flyers Club

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by n00by View Post
                          here's a video of someone cleaning a mcpx servo, same kind of thing for the 130x. (skip to 2:45)


                          Blade mCPx Servo Cleaning - YouTube
                          Thanks to this post and video, my 130x is flying like a dream. Thanks to all that posted.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X