I have a pretty much all rakonheli 130x now, so have a pretty good idea of the useful parts and the parts that are not that good. I was going to post pics of each part but there're loads on HF.
I was also testing my lipos for the 130x (arrived today
). As I only had the garden to fly in I was doing pretty much constant pitch pumps and 'smacky flips' which resulted in 13 crashes most inverted without throttle hold. No damage at all.
Anyway here's what I think of the parts
RKH blade grips
No slop at all and look very strong. One of the most useful upgrades as the ball link snaps off very easily on the stock grips and the stock ones are £10.
RKH head
Don't know how useful this is but I've heard that in some crashes the stock head breaks - never happened to me though. If buying again I'd probably have gone for the lynx one as I don't really like the exposed feathering shaft
Swash
Completely pointless IMO - after 40 flights the bearing has just as much slop as the stock one and is able to move side to side on the main shaft.
Xtreme solid main shaft
Cheap amd definitely worth it - looks indestructible which can't be said for the stock one.
RKH locking collar
A metal collar is good as the stock breaks easily. The MH or lynx one looks better though
RKH tail case
I bought this because the stock bearings on the tail had pretty much given up. Looks nice but not sure of there was anything wrong with the stock part...
RKH tail slider
A metal tail slider is probably the second most useful upgrade after the head as in a lot of crashes the tail slider ball link breaks off (happened once to me).
However RKH isn't the best option here as the tail slider pins can come out if you don't CA them in.
RKH tail blade grips
I found these terrible. Can't use KBDD blades, the screw head broke off inside the tail shaft and the bearings were notchy. I think the tail may have been better stock. Also yesterday I had one of the tail blades come out in flight (it snapped off at the root hole) which may or may not have been related to the grips.
Metal A Gear
Been great so far - loads of crashes all with no damage to any gears.
A lot of these upgrades really are worth it as they make the heli far more crashable. However of buying again I would give the RKH swash and tail grips a miss.
Hope this is somewhat helpful
Stanley
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
I was also testing my lipos for the 130x (arrived today
). As I only had the garden to fly in I was doing pretty much constant pitch pumps and 'smacky flips' which resulted in 13 crashes most inverted without throttle hold. No damage at all.Anyway here's what I think of the parts

RKH blade grips
No slop at all and look very strong. One of the most useful upgrades as the ball link snaps off very easily on the stock grips and the stock ones are £10.
RKH head
Don't know how useful this is but I've heard that in some crashes the stock head breaks - never happened to me though. If buying again I'd probably have gone for the lynx one as I don't really like the exposed feathering shaft
Swash
Completely pointless IMO - after 40 flights the bearing has just as much slop as the stock one and is able to move side to side on the main shaft.
Xtreme solid main shaft
Cheap amd definitely worth it - looks indestructible which can't be said for the stock one.
RKH locking collar
A metal collar is good as the stock breaks easily. The MH or lynx one looks better though

RKH tail case
I bought this because the stock bearings on the tail had pretty much given up. Looks nice but not sure of there was anything wrong with the stock part...
RKH tail slider
A metal tail slider is probably the second most useful upgrade after the head as in a lot of crashes the tail slider ball link breaks off (happened once to me).
However RKH isn't the best option here as the tail slider pins can come out if you don't CA them in.
RKH tail blade grips
I found these terrible. Can't use KBDD blades, the screw head broke off inside the tail shaft and the bearings were notchy. I think the tail may have been better stock. Also yesterday I had one of the tail blades come out in flight (it snapped off at the root hole) which may or may not have been related to the grips.
Metal A Gear
Been great so far - loads of crashes all with no damage to any gears.
A lot of these upgrades really are worth it as they make the heli far more crashable. However of buying again I would give the RKH swash and tail grips a miss.
Hope this is somewhat helpful

Stanley
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2




Comment