Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wear on A gear

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wear on A gear

    Thought people might be interested to see this. My worn A gear compared to a new one. This one's had probably over 100 flights and meshes properly with the B gear but evidently it's had its day!

    I'll be going metal when they arrive !

    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348232388.940042.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	1910678
    Tom
    sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
    SAB Goblin 630 Competition
    - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
    Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
    Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
    .... and a Gaui X3
    Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
    ... and two EGS'




  • #2
    Yep mine looked like that too!

    Comment


    • #3
      damn that's pretty worn looking :lol:

      Comment


      • #4
        Mine ended up like that, so rather than wait, I ordered th metal one from the USA via eBay. There's little to no difference cost wise(£11 something inc postage) and they still haven't turned up in our hobby shops so it was a no brainier for me.
        Current fleet: Goblin Thunder Sport (700), Trex 700L, Logo 600, Specter 700, Henseleit TDR, V-Baaa control.
        Next heli: I have pretty much everything I want. Maybe I'll upgrade some electronics or something.

        Comment


        • #5
          i know pretty annoying that, canny even get them in the UK WTF is that all about, finger out eflite.

          Comment


          • #6
            Mine looked like that after the very first hover. Thankfully I picked up the metal gear at the same time as the heli so little real down time, unlike the bust tail grip last night
            Trex 700E DFC HV with BeastX and Gryphon (GVR-7020S)
            August 109S Grand (JustScale.co.nz) 700 size under construction, using trex 700 mechanics.
            Trex 500 EFL stock with new clothes
            Blade 130X with bits on
            Spektrum DX18

            Comment


            • #7
              Couldn't wait, ordered a metal gear from the US and it's brilliant, how the 130x should be out of the box.Don't wait, get one ASAP! Oh shit RKH have only bought out a metal swash too, damn them.
              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

              Comment


              • #8
                Just Fitted Blade 130 X BLH3735 Optional Metal Bevel Gears from power hobbies in the USA
                Great fit and no noticable noise meshes really well Just under 8 quid inc postage which took 9 days.

                Raptor E700
                Raptor G4







                Guiness World Record Pilot 2011/2012/2013

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by snowy View Post
                  Just Fitted Blade 130 X BLH3735 Optional Metal Bevel Gears from power hobbies in the USA
                  Great fit and no noticable noise meshes really well Just under 8 quid inc postage which took 9 days.

                  Guys Thanks found this thread really helpful and on stripping my gears out to check found my A gear the same as in OP, I have only put packs through it so far and I am only doing basic hovering type stuff!!

                  Really want to try this metal gear out have you a link you can post please Snowy?

                  Has anyone else found a source in the UK yet (desperate to get back in the air!

                  Thanks for any help guys.

                  TOMATWALDEN Hope you don't feel I am pinching your thread!!

                  Ewan
                  Central Model Heli Club. #keeprchelisalive

                  ​Guinness World Record Pilot 2013!

                  sigpic thank you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just got back from the U.S. with some metal a gears and canopies. Just need to fit... :-)
                    Logo 550SX VBar Neo
                    T-Rex 600N DFC VBar
                    Logo 690SX VBar Neo
                    T-Rex G800 Helix Gasser VBar
                    T-Rex HB7RC 800 HeliBug Gasser DFC VBar Neo

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      well im guessing but with the nano cpx hitting the shops early is there a chance the parts will arrive at the same time?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Sheldrake View Post
                        Guys Thanks found this thread really helpful and on stripping my gears out to check found my A gear the same as in OP, I have only put packs through it so far and I am only doing basic hovering type stuff!!

                        Really want to try this metal gear out have you a link you can post please Snowy?

                        Has anyone else found a source in the UK yet (desperate to get back in the air!

                        Thanks for any help guys.

                        TOMATWALDEN Hope you don't feel I am pinching your thread!!

                        Ewan
                        E bay item No 390454860516 hope this helps
                        Raptor E700
                        Raptor G4







                        Guiness World Record Pilot 2011/2012/2013

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Sheldrake View Post
                          Guys Thanks found this thread really helpful and on stripping my gears out to check found my A gear the same as in OP, I have only put packs through it so far and I am only doing basic hovering type stuff!!

                          Really want to try this metal gear out have you a link you can post please Snowy?

                          Has anyone else found a source in the UK yet (desperate to get back in the air!

                          Thanks for any help guys.

                          TOMATWALDEN Hope you don't feel I am pinching your thread!!

                          Ewan
                          Ewan. My gear looked like that afters a large number of flights, probably over a hundred. If yours are like that after only a few, I would say your gears aren't meshing properly.

                          Cheers. T
                          Tom
                          sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                          SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                          - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                          Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                          Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                          .... and a Gaui X3
                          Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                          ... and two EGS'



                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X