Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Positive 130x thread!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Another post on how good the 130X is. I'm still pretty much a noob to the helis and progressed quickly from Co-ax helis to a 120SR and after a couple of flights with the 120SR, I got the 130X. I was able to hover it in no time and I've started a bit of FFF. I bought mine off a mate and he had already upgraded the tail slider to a metal one (not sure if it's the Rakon one or not) and I have a few other upgraded parts coming.

    Question though:- surely some of the gears are better staying as plastic, rather than metal? If you've had a bad crash and you have say a metal main gear, would this not potentially damage something else?

    The only thing I've damaged so far is the plastic tail gear (the black one that sits on the main shaft itself).

    Also, the Gens Ace batteries you all use... Are they the 25C model or a higher C rating?

    I noticed on my last flight that the tail was vibrating side-to-side a little, so I think next on the shopping list will be one of those o-ring kits.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Big Dogg View Post
      Another post on how good the 130X is. I'm still pretty much a noob to the helis and progressed quickly from Co-ax helis to a 120SR and after a couple of flights with the 120SR, I got the 130X. I was able to hover it in no time and I've started a bit of FFF. I bought mine off a mate and he had already upgraded the tail slider to a metal one (not sure if it's the Rakon one or not) and I have a few other upgraded parts coming.

      Question though:- surely some of the gears are better staying as plastic, rather than metal? If you've had a bad crash and you have say a metal main gear, would this not potentially damage something else?

      The only thing I've damaged so far is the plastic tail gear (the black one that sits on the main shaft itself).

      Also, the Gens Ace batteries you all use... Are they the 25C model or a higher C rating?

      I noticed on my last flight that the tail was vibrating side-to-side a little, so I think next on the shopping list will be one of those o-ring kits.
      I agree not all the gears should be metal
      But the first gear on the main shaft (A gear) is better off metal as the plastic one does wear at a fair rate, I'm even thinking of a metal C gear if there is such a thing but leave the D gear plastic
      As its the quickest to change

      Yes 25c gens aces, heavy but powerful and silly cheap

      As a temporary measure you could cut a canopy grommet in half and put on the ball of the tail control arm, this will remove some slop
      DX8

      Phoenix
      RealFlight 7

      Mcpx BL

      Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

      Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

      Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

      Comment


      • #33
        I'm guessing the "A-Gear" that you're referring to is the same gear that I've stripped on mine - the black plastic gear that mates with the gear at the end of the torque rod? The small gear on the end of the torque rod (the body end of the torque rod, not the tail end) is metal on my 130x. Does the heli come as standard like this, or is it likely that the previous owner has upgraded this to a metal one?

        Comment


        • #34
          The small gear comes in metal as standard . Its the bigger black gear that it meshes with that is the one that you can upgrade to a metal version . Hope that clarifies it mate . Cheers
          Rob .


          Thunder Tiger X50 Nitro V.Bar . T.Rex 500 Fu.Bar . T.Rex 450 Fly Bar . Blade 130x . Pheonix . Realflight . Seb Art Pitts Python . Seb Art Katana 30 . E.Flite Ultimate 20-300
          . Spectrum DX6i & Futaba 8FG Super & SimStick for Futaba . SWRCH .

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
            I agree not all the gears should be metal
            But the first gear on the main shaft (A gear) is better off metal as the plastic one does wear at a fair rate, I'm even thinking of a metal C gear if there is such a thing but leave the D gear plastic.
            there are metal C and D gears in the pipeline but leaving the D gear plastic would be good idea.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by n00by View Post
              there are metal C and D gears in the pipeline but leaving the D gear plastic would be good idea.
              I'll have to keep an eye out for these

              I've just changed the bearings to RC Hero's bearing kit because after roughly 100 flights the main shaft bearings were a bit clicky, a lot less awkward to do than I had imagined

              Only test hovered in the kitchen but it sounds and feels nice and smooth again now and still has no vibes at all on spool up
              DX8

              Phoenix
              RealFlight 7

              Mcpx BL

              Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

              Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

              Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

              Comment


              • #37
                I got out for a blast earlier, it was fairly windy probably a bit much for the 130x, but it soldiered on Even managed a few messy tic tocs

                And the batteries came down with less taken out of them than normal i'm guessing thats the more efficient bearings

                also i must confess.............................the blinging has started

                got some nice shiny canopy mounts from Kyle, cheers fella
                DX8

                Phoenix
                RealFlight 7

                Mcpx BL

                Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                Comment


                • #38
                  Positive 130x thread!

                  Update:
                  Still flying great
                  DX8

                  Phoenix
                  RealFlight 7

                  Mcpx BL

                  Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                  Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                  Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    crashed mine and it was on the bench for a while, I've added a 3rd bearing to the boom and put a DS35 servo on the tail and its flying the best it ever has!
                    Last edited by n00by; 25-10-2012, 10:11 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by MarkG_R1 View Post
                      Update:
                      Still flying great
                      +1 on great heli, mine too is still taking the punishment and still coming back for more, wooooo hooooooo !

                      i must admit to abusing mine

                      3x i thought it was a flymo !
                      2x i mistook it for a strimmer !
                      2x i was convinced i could achieve a minus 1" inverted hover
                      2x i thought i could use it as a sweeping brush
                      1x i thought i could use it to cut up depron
                      1x i was sure the tail rotor could be used as a dremel

                      now after all this here is my parts list that i have broken

                      1 main gear now needed (teeth are starting to look crooked)
                      1 A gear
                      2 C gears
                      pair of main blades (chipped )
                      1 boom

                      so i reckon that aint bad
                      Last edited by Mike00top; 26-10-2012, 08:56 PM.
                      Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                      Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Well as a noob with less than a month of flying cp helis I can say my 130x is flying pretty good. It does get a bit of a shimmy on though especially when flying forward at any speed in a breeze.

                        The canopies shatter everywhere in a crash though! I now need to buy a 3rd! All these shiny blingy bits look cool though don't they!!

                        The only problem i'm having is that flights are only 4 mins and the batteries take an hour each to charge!

                        P.s

                        One observion I did make was that on every other AS3X equipt model I have come across , including my own blade nano, is that if you wiggle the model about in your hand you can hear the AS3X making the servo's chatter is it tries to compensate for the movement. This does not happen on my 130x, is it supposed to not do this or is mine just not working properly?
                        Last edited by gazmk2; 04-11-2012, 08:29 AM.
                        MSH Protos Max V2. Vbar Neo, Cyclone 715, zeal, talon 120
                        MSH Protos 500 FBL. VX1e, Zeal 480
                        Trex 150. In one piece and flying well........for now!!
                        Futaba 14sg



                        http://www.oxonhelicollective.org.uk

                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by gazmk2 View Post
                          Well as a noob with less than a month of flying cp helis I can say my 130x is flying pretty good. It does get a bit of a shimmy on though especially when flying forward at any speed in a breeze.

                          The canopies shatter everywhere in a crash though! I now need to buy a 3rd! All these shiny blingy bits look cool though don't they!!

                          The only problem i'm having is that flights are only 4 mins and the batteries take an hour each to charge!

                          P.s

                          One observion I did make was that on every other AS3X equipt model I have come across , including my own blade nano, is that if you wiggle the model about in your hand you can hear the AS3X making the servo's chatter is it tries to compensate for the movement. This does not happen on my 130x, is it supposed to not do this or is mine just not working properly?
                          your 130x is correct
                          Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                          Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            mines flying well, even after the abuse its had to cope with me on the sticks,
                            Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                            Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              After finding out problems with mine where due to motor but once it was left for few days to soak in the oil lub she's flying better than when first got her, bags more power & no more tail blow outs holds solid.
                              Today's outlook is fine for flying.
                              • Spektrum DX18 gen2, Phoenix Sims, Align MR25XP.
                              • Blade Nano, mCP X, 130x, Blade 180, Mini T 450se
                              • Trex 250dfc Gpro, Trex 500EFL Gpro.
                              • Trex 600E Gpro DFC, Trex 600NSP now Gpro, DFC, Redline 56
                              • Flickr Through My Pictures.
                              • A helicopter is an aircraft that is lifted and propelled by one or more horizontal rotors because Wikipedia said so.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Positive 130x thread!

                                Originally posted by gazmk2 View Post

                                The only problem i'm having is that flights are only 4 mins and the batteries take an hour each to charge!
                                Not a problem! :-) - at 2C, you get four batteries in less than an hour!

                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352194402.354052.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	1873629
                                Tom
                                sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
                                SAB Goblin 630 Competition
                                - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
                                Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
                                Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
                                .... and a Gaui X3
                                Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
                                ... and two EGS'



                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X