Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just my opinion!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Just my opinion!

    As above this is my opinion, not to take away anything from anyone who has had luck with theirs.

    130 x. What a waste of money ! Tail slider broke in second ever flight... Hh sent me a new one. Broke in first flight of that one! Fixed my original with some carbon rod. Eventually got it flying, admittedly it can flip, fly inverted etc, but it shakes all over the place, the tail slider binds, and after just flipping it over a minute into the 5 th flight, the tail blew out and stopped responding. Crash resulted in broken umbrella gear, broken main shaft and collar, screw for main shaft. For that money I could have bought a fbl unit for one of my other helis. Why do eflite always release helis that at least in my experience, don't work as they should? Why do they always need modding to fly? And why do I always take the bait and buy one! Rant over, sorry addicts.

  • #2
    Interesting Post.

    One minute i think the 130 is the best, cheapest most convenient fun for you dollar out there.

    Next minute summit silly burns out or falls of and im miffed

    Think the 130 is a great concept that lacks basic quaility.

    Would i buy one again, you bet i would cos its flying lovely at the mo.......but for how long ??????????/

    Ray
    Logo 550sx Spirit System
    Goblin 500 Spirit System

    Compass Atom 500 Fly barred
    Compass Warp 360 FBL

    Some of them fpv quad racing things

    And an EGS. Many thanks

    Comment


    • #3
      As I'm still a learner, I dread to think how much all the crashing damage costs would have been on my 450 Pro, probably several 130x's so far! For the money, can you find another heli that does everything the 130x does? No, so no alternatives for the price then, 130x or nothing and please don't compare it to a mCPX.
      It's a perfect crash test dummy for me and actually great value for money IMO. If you have more experience and less likely to crash than me, then maybe the 130x isn't the best choice for you, then maybe you would love it even more to practice those new moves you wouldn't dare try on your 500.
      The 130x ain't perfect, but it certainly is unique
      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

      Comment


      • #4
        Don't get me wrong, the concept is brilliant. Cheap parts, poor manufacturing let it down. Why can't eflite release a product that doesn't instantly need upgrades and mods. Why can't it fly successfully out the box? The tail slider problem is typical. They sent me a new one foc but what's the point if the new one breaks instantly? Now I have to spend another 15 quid for an uprated slider if I want to fly it again? I have a Rex 500, a 450 pro. I built them, no mods, and they fly. Over and over. Very well. IMO eflite stuff is just a money pit, that is an insult as to what a model helicopter should be. Please dont take this as a dig to anyone whose enjoying there's. It's my own opinion, formed on past experiences I've had with there planes and helis. I doubt I will ever buy another eflite/blade model.

        Comment


        • #5
          Do what most people do and wait for the V2 to come out and buy that, I want one but not making the same mistake as the MCPx.

          The V2 will I'm sure be better but will no doubt still need upgrades to make it something like!
          www.captaincrash.co.uk - Carbon Blades, Carbon Upgrades and Optifuel Products and Fuel

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeh wish I had, but like you say it would still need modding to fly right. I wouldnt mind but the eflite spares are such a rip off, you never walk right after buying them. Align parts are better quality and cheaper. If I do get another one, I'd prob just wait for a cloned one, get it half price, and not feel as stitched when it breaks!

            Comment


            • #7
              I think I have to agree, I have stripped 4 of the tail drive gears, also a blade grip flew off, the tail slider was utter crap and the price of spares is bloody ridiculous!!

              Since owning the wee heli, in 3 weeks, I have spent about £100 to £120 on the little bugger!!!
              Kev




              Comment


              • #8
                Its exactly the same story as heard from the MCPX

                It was wonderful, then it was OK for a bit of fun, then there were issues and the deterioration in opinions continued until many (not all) regard it as not very good at all.

                I knew the same would happen with the 130X. EFlite just don't make good gear, never have. There must be more than a dozen in my club and another dozen flyers waiting for the V2 although opinions are plummeting every week.
                __________________________________________
                Dave


                sigpic

                T-Rex 600E - BeastX -
                T-Rex 550E - BeastX

                T-Rex 450 PRO - BeastX -

                T-Rex 250 - BeastX -

                DX8

                Comment


                • #9
                  Interesting perspective. I reckon I have learned more on my (two of them) in the past 2 months than I have learned in 12 months on the bigger stuff.

                  Maybe I was lucky twice, but both my 130 helis flew great out of the box. Most problems I have had have been user inflicted.

                  They do start wearing after 20 or so flights, and I have found that grommets on all ball joints, plus metal tail slider sorts it.

                  I stuffed mine straight into the ground at full pelt 3 times today down my club, and all the guys were amazed each time when Ijust reset it, and flew off again. Try doing that on a Trex 500.
                  Steve
                  -------

                  Trex 500 ESP
                  Trex 450 Pro
                  Trex 250
                  Blade 130 x (2)
                  Brushless nano

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just noticed this while I was looking vet the heli. The gear on the main shaft seems to be rubbing on the elevator servo, and dust from where it's been wearing away is visible. The build quality on theses is absolutely shocking. I'm may enquirer for a refund on Monday as I dont want to sink any more money into a heli that's built like this.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347729176.560227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	1872256

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      After buying myself a MCPx and finding it expensive to repair for what it is I swore I would never buy one of those tiny helis again, it's just to flimsy.
                      Current Fleet,
                      T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
                      Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
                      Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Captain Crash View Post
                        Do what most people do and wait for the V2 to come out and buy that, I want one but not making the same mistake as the MCPx.

                        The V2 will I'm sure be better but will no doubt still need upgrades to make it something like!
                        Is this really what most people are doing? Surely if that statement was true, then HH wouldn't sell enough V1's to even justify a V2? I have not read any official statement from HH that there ever will be a V2 as the V1 has only just come out. You may have a very long wait and there will probably be at least 3 new Helis out by then
                        SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My 130X was complete crap. Tail kept on blowing out with anything more than a flip (couldn't even do a circuit) caused 2 crashes and then the RKH tail slider I fitted caused another. And to add to this I'm still getting all the slop, play, shakes, dust etc.

                          After the tail blew out one to many times and snapped the main shaft I sent it off to horizon hobby asking for a replacement although I have my doubts as to whether they will replace it - apparently changing the connector counts as 'modding' the heli and may void the warranty.
                          Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
                          Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OOOer. I have just ordered one!
                            Tron 7.0 advance Vbar evo V Control
                            Foamy plank
                            icharger 3010b, Coolice 24v psu
                            Member of MK Heli Club and LMAC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by collective itch View Post
                              Just noticed this while I was looking vet the heli. The gear on the main shaft seems to be rubbing on the elevator servo, and dust from where it's been wearing away is visible. The build quality on theses is absolutely shocking. I'm may enquirer for a refund on Monday as I dont want to sink any more money into a heli that's built like this.[ATTACH]48175[/ATTACH]
                              That looks like the dust from gear wear,you have some teeth worn worse than others...looks like a crack heads mouth
                              T- rex 600n V-bar
                              Logo 550sx V-bar
                              Logo 600sx V-bar
                              Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                              VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X