@dogcow, as with everything in this hobby, as soon as something new comes out, everyone dives in straight away and buys the latest/greatest thing, as was the case with the MCPx, I too got embroiled in this and bought a V1, which of course was going to be the only version they brought out because it was fantastic and revoloutionary! Everybody bought them, realised you could not do anything that the promo videos showed and proceeded to spend a shed load of money modifying them so they would fly something like what was promised, amazingly after endless bad reports about it's various faults, the V2 came about, I can see no reason why this will not be the case with the 130, my opinion is only based on talking to endless people or all say the same thing, I'll wait for the V2 with all the faults fixed, if this never happens then I will like many others not throw my money away on the V1 and then spend a fortune making it what it should have been in the first place, ie. a model that works out of the box which is what I would believe most people would like to expect, as I say, just my opinion For what it's worth, I have flown one and was impressed apart from the obvious issues I'd like to add
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Just my opinion!
Collapse
X
-
Hi All mine threw a tail blade 2nd flight got that replaced along with the tail assembly FOC then I flew the arse of it the only mod it needed was the metal tail drive gear the plastic one did strip if you crashed it ! yes if you crashed it the gear stripped . I have been learning double piro flips on mine and its its had a good amount of unplanned landings on its head and it just goes again. A little scorp motor oil on the metal gears seems to do the trick.The only gripe i have with the tail is in high speed backwards flight on windy days if it gets a gust of wind it will let go not a major problem if you learned backwards flight on a MCPX but the 130 will correct its self which can be a tad confusing if I am putting the corection in at the same time.The dust does go ont the fet its very close but i have not seen one cut through a fet yet.Goblin 700 comp 3 blade Kyle stacey head and tail, 160 scorpion esc , ultimate motor,MKS. Vbar NEO
Trex 700 DFC Dominator motor, scorpion . MKS. Vbar NEO
iCharger 4010 , PL8 charger,
Vbar Control and a case of lithium plus an eu10i genny !!!
Comment
-
@Captain Crash I was about to say how sorry I was about your bad experience, then I realised that you didn't even own one. FYI from someone that owns TWO, they both flew perfectly well straight out of the box. All the parts I have replaced were completely down to my own lack of flying skills.SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8
Comment
-
No worries, would really like to buy one as with the flight I had with one they really show great potential and I'm sure will help most people to further their flying, they seem to be a bit hit and miss to whether you get a good one, glad yours are both okwww.captaincrash.co.uk - Carbon Blades, Carbon Upgrades and Optifuel Products and Fuel
Comment
-
ok so i'm too drunk to have read every post in this thread however my opinion on the 130x is this.......it is an awesome little heli my flying would not have improved or changed the way it has if it were not for this heli. everyone that complains about the vibrations etc that this heli does suffer from basically is too good for it. i happily put up with its faults, which are many, because it has taught me so much. E-flites objectives, in my opinion, are too introduce more people to flying proper rc heli's at a very low cost which is exactly what they do. I would not be a member of this forum or flying heli's if it wasn't for e-flite. I totally understand that for the proper pilots on here the faults on the 130x are unforgivable, but for me it's a huge advantage is it teaches me to overcome fears and fills my flying with confidenceBlade MCX2
Blade 130x
Blade 450 3D
T-REX 550E
Comment
-
Really!!! Bin It!!! That's why i'll never buy an Mcpx or 130X etc. I WOULD destroy it & could not justify spending anywhere near that amount on such a heli. This is why the Gaui 200 is soo good, it is an extreme performing micro that takes an extreme beating.Originally posted by challis349 View PostI think I have to agree, I have stripped 4 of the tail drive gears, also a blade grip flew off, the tail slider was utter crap and the price of spares is bloody ridiculous!!
Since owning the wee heli, in 3 weeks, I have spent about £100 to £120 on the little bugger!!!Yes the big sigpic is coming back
Comment
-
Be nice if someone from eflite came on here to chime in, and see why for some of us were paying for a product that clearly does not do what is promised. I.e flys out the box. Not fall on its ass and shake itself to pieces. 150 quid down the drain. Cheers eflite! Sticking with proper helis from now on.
Comment
-
Just my two pence worth, i see it as a no win situation for every one, the 130x and the mcpx are totally brilliant at what they do, its just a shame that to keep one in good working order is difficult, mostly brought on by eflite having such horrific quality control, i have both above models, and after 4months with the mcpx i got to a really good stage with it, but it took some effort and changing the head, main shaft, swash, tail boom, then made it great, the 130x i have already started changing bits which are really poor quality, i know in a few weeks or so it too will be good too, and all this costs money. now if Eflite done this work to start with they may/will cost more, and then maybe they wouldnt sell so many, who knows,
But one thing is for sure EFLITE really ought to jump heavily on those manufacturing these models for them, as their name is going downhill from such sloppy work, the manufacturer couldnt care less, as they dont have to stomach the end customer, Zastava, Lada and moskivich used to have poor manufacturing too, and see where they are now, Skoda did too and see what happened to them once they sorted their quality issues, they now enjoy 75x the market sales they used to see and people now say the word "Skoda" without laughing.
UPgrades really ought to be just that, non essential !, as it should fly happily for many flights from the box, the alloy and titanium (lovely stuff) should be for those that just want it slightly better or nicer lookingCurrent Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9
Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)
Comment
-
+1Originally posted by Captain Crash View PostDo what most people do and wait for the V2 to come out and buy that, I want one but not making the same mistake as the MCPx.
The V2 will I'm sure be better but will no doubt still need upgrades to make it something like!
What I am reading here reminds me of Walkeras in the early days.Helicopter pilots get it up quicker.
When the blue light is flashing I am kidding.
Why simplify when it is so much simpler to complicate.
Comment
-
I hope Horizon and Eflite group read this, they are on the edge of total brilliance if they only sort out the poor quality issues, they may feel in the board room that their figures show they are doing well, imagine how good it could be if they got it right too ! ! !
" come on " Eflite / Horizon listen to your customers, its all across the internet for goodness sake, hundreds and hundreds of people are lined up to buy your goods, please sort the QA issue, i deal with this very aspect of manufacturing on a daily basis, i know its tough to get it right at the right price, but your companies future is resting on what you chaps are doing right now.
for your own sake, dont burrow your heads in the sands, come on the forums, join in the banter, the closer you get to your customers the closer you will get to perfection, i am not saying you must give in to every one, i am saying, be totally sure of the quality you need from your manufacturers way before signing up big deals, because manufacturers of today will happily make poor junk at fair rates if they can get away with it.
sorry for standing on the soap box guys, but we know what we want, and this company could be just that company to give it to us, if they could only see it ! they have the ideas, there is no question of that, AS3X = brilliant, ARTF micros in little carry boxes = Brilliant, wide parts and sales stockists = brilliant, structure of the company looks good, Quality = fair to poor, its the only part in the jigsaw that doesnt see your company double its sales.Last edited by Mike00top; 17-09-2012, 04:43 PM.Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9
Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)
Comment
-
You can wait for the version 32 to come out. Won't make a difference. The problem doesn't appear to be with the design. It's the manufacture that fall on its bum. Their trying to get the margins sky high, when in fact all there going to do is get a rep for selling expensive, poorly built tat.Originally posted by helijohn View Post+1
What I am reading here reminds me of Walkeras in the early days.
Comment

Comment