Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130X maiden flight! (mine anyway)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Vikki View Post
    D'oh, forgot again, was thinking pitch went neg on th. Brain fart. I meant keep throttle up during TH. As the blades slow heli will drop gently to the ground.
    Yeah a nice little auto to finish off...
    Neil

    1 x


    Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
    Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
    Blade 180CFX

    DX9 & DX7
    Too many planks...

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Vikki View Post
      D'oh, forgot again, was thinking pitch went neg on th. Brain fart. I meant keep throttle up during TH. As the blades slow heli will drop gently to the ground.
      Started doing this recently after seeing my mate do some very smooth auto rotate landings. (On a Logo 400 mind) I didn't think it would work properly on the 130x due to a lack of an anti rotation collar, but... It works good enough for a nice soft landing, especially in longish grass, takes a little practice as it has enough lift to actually bounce off the ground and up again. Alot of fun and I'm still learning here
      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Vikki View Post
        130X flips deliciously. A lot, LOT easier than an mcpx. Flips are small, rolls are small. None of this staring at a faceful of mcpx while it's contemplating flipping but then hits the deck instead.
        I second this! The 130x is a doddle to flip in comparison to an mcpx - so much better in wind too. Practice on a sim first, but if you can flip a heli on phoenix, the 130x will be a cinch!
        Tom
        sigpic Synergy E7SE - Kontronic Helijive 120+ ESC, vBar Neo
        SAB Goblin 630 Competition
        - Castle Edge 120HV, vBar Neo
        Blade 700X - Castle Edge 160HV ESC, Mini vBar
        Logo 550SXv2 - Castle 130LV ESC, vBar Neo
        .... and a Gaui X3
        Spektrum DX8 ; Mikado VBC ; RealFlight 7 & neXt sims
        ... and two EGS'



        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by nobbycopter View Post
          I'll give your 130x a good wanging round T2000 next time you're up Dave to try it out then eh???....see if I can "get it flipped"
          It's getting the time to get up there at the moment with the missus working every bloomin Friday ((

          Just got the metal crown gear today and the titanium shaft came yesterday,think I might call mine the Blingasaurus ))
          Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
          GraupnerMZ24 PRO





          Comment


          • #20
            Just have to do with my mCPX which I've just rebuilt tonight...will have a go with Mallett's instead lol
            Neil

            1 x


            Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
            Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
            Blade 180CFX

            DX9 & DX7
            Too many planks...

            Comment


            • #21
              I didn't have any 4mm ally rod at home but I know B&Q sell a metre of it for £2.48. I will get a length and make my own 130X main shaft. Not paying £6-7 for one when I can make one.
              Last edited by Vikki; 11-09-2012, 09:59 PM.

              Comment


              • #22
                Nice little potential cottage industry there Vikki I'd love to have a lathe, milling m/c etc...can't wait to get my router up and running
                Neil

                1 x


                Raptor 30, OS32, on its way to being FBL (and leccy?)
                Trex 450 Pro, Beastx, Savox 0257, DS520
                Blade 180CFX

                DX9 & DX7
                Too many planks...

                Comment


                • #23
                  We are working on a solid carbon fibre mainshaft, just finishing off the jig plates...
                  Last edited by kylelnsn; 12-09-2012, 12:47 AM.
                  Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
                  http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
                  Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
                  Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    solid boom? where will the toque tube go
                    Kev




                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Yeah I was thinking that too
                      Hirobo Lama with Electric Conversion
                      GraupnerMZ24 PRO





                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by challis349 View Post
                        solid boom? where will the toque tube go
                        Doh. Long day. Corrected. [Embarrassed Smiley]
                        Trex 700 DFC HV - Trex 550L DFC - 180CFX - Teksumo Night Flyer - DX9 & too much more...
                        http://www.rc-hero.co.uk
                        Models, Spares and Upgrades "Getting Bigger By Being Better"
                        Check out our ratings at Trustpilot


                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X