Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide on Gens Ace plate removal?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Guide on Gens Ace plate removal?

    Is there a guide that shows how to remove the plate on the 450 gens ace to make them lighter for the 130x?

  • #2
    Yeah, I'd like to see that too - anyone give a short guide? Also, how much weight does remove?

    Comment


    • #3
      About 4g lighter

      Done one to try later
      T- rex 600n V-bar
      Logo 550sx V-bar
      Logo 600sx V-bar
      Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

      VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

      Comment


      • #4
        just buy a metal tail pitch slider and metal tail grips, then it will balance up pretty much right haha
        Kev




        Comment


        • #5
          i took photos last night of my first try that ended as a fail (i cut the foil wrapping and decided to throw it away).
          i'll be posting the photos tonight. I'm going to try again on my other 2 batteries so I'll take more photos and will post.

          Comment


          • #6
            not done it yet myself, but perhaps try warming it up slightly to soften the glue...

            not too hot as you dont want to damage the lipo, but a quick blast with a hair drier may help
            Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

            sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

            Comment


            • #7
              ^^thanks for that, i'll have a try.
              what i'm planning on doing as well is unsolder the wires so I can shorten the main 2 lead wire and resolder it back. doing the same to the balance lead as well. I only have a cheap solder so I hope that will be enough to work on this.

              Comment


              • #8
                i now have 2 gens ace both naked. no plates but still with their standard length wires.
                one is now 27.4g
                and another is 29g
                i'm going to cut down the wires this weekend and put the original (maybe) carbon fibre effect skin on afterwards.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Finished one tonight!
                  From this:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8434.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	1872115

                  To this:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8463.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	306.7 KB
ID:	1872116

                  And the 4 more I ordered the other night arrived today. Guess what, the new ones do NOT have plates on them anymore and definitely thinner:
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	1872117
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8466.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	298.6 KB
ID:	1872118

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I just got 5 yesterday,How can you tell if they have the plates in them? what are the plates for?
                    HK450GT Pro TT
                    E-flite Blade CP Pro 2
                    E-flite Blade Nano Cp-x
                    E-flite Blade MSR
                    Spektrum DX8
                    E-flite Blade 180 CFX
                    Phoenix sim

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've got 5 coming

                      But I'm not sure I'm going to butcher them

                      I am going to get some alloy bits for the tail so this may well balance it up
                      DX8

                      Phoenix
                      RealFlight 7

                      Mcpx BL

                      Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                      Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                      Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well i am a beginner,I dont fly 3D yet.I do mess around on the sim and on my mcpx but i wont risk anything other than circuits with my 450.I am certain a heavier battery for the 130x will be unnoticeable by me
                        HK450GT Pro TT
                        E-flite Blade CP Pro 2
                        E-flite Blade Nano Cp-x
                        E-flite Blade MSR
                        Spektrum DX8
                        E-flite Blade 180 CFX
                        Phoenix sim

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by konceppt View Post
                          well i am a beginner,I dont fly 3D yet.I do mess around on the sim and on my mcpx but i wont risk anything other than circuits with my 450.I am certain a heavier battery for the 130x will be unnoticeable by me
                          please remember guys, you may be right by the statement that its unnoticeable by you, but it will certainly be noticeable to your swash head and electronics, remember a bad CofG has to be conteracted by a blade pitch change every revolution, so a heavy nose forward CofG, the blades have to provide more pitch as they go over the front half of the rotating disc , roughly, and less over the back half, roughly ( i say roughly because gyroscopic progression etc will change the timings a bit.

                          on the same note a chap a while back said " i think i may have to tighten the feathering shaft again because i can see a gap appearing !", and then promptly put the heli into the hover saying "i will only hover it until i fix" heli pilots need to understand that there is almost as much energy and force to hover as there is to fly forward, and the only saving grace is that if it parts company most of the parts will be near you !
                          Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                          Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
                            not done it yet myself, but perhaps try warming it up slightly to soften the glue...

                            not too hot as you dont want to damage the lipo, but a quick blast with a hair drier may help
                            when i stripped mine, i just used a steady pull, and slowly but surely they parted from the lipo sack, i then stripped the wires off too, and then used just enough wire to do the job, they dont need to be very long

                            mine ended up 1.6g heavier than stock, this is still too heavy really, but are massively powerful, i was tempted to add 2g to the tail to counter the CofG but after using stripped down overlander 350x40 i will just get more of them, lighter being better ( 1.4g lighter than stock )
                            Last edited by Mike00top; 17-09-2012, 12:34 PM.
                            Current Heli's, Align Trex 550, Blade MCPx BL, Blade 130x, Blade 450x, JR DSX9

                            Total RC nut ! have been for 35 years ! my count so far of over 192 models ! ( Cars, Planes, jets, gliders and Helicopters)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Mike00top View Post
                              but after using stripped down overlander 350x40 i will just get more of them, lighter being better ( 1.4g lighter than stock )
                              ^^but more expensive
                              Last edited by muscleflex; 17-09-2012, 02:34 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X