Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First heli?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Go for a used T-rex 500 or similar,
    Current Fleet,
    T-Rex 500 Pro: Demon 3SX, Revolution/Rail, Blades, DS510M, DSDS655, CC BEC Pro,
    Goblin 500: Vortex VX1n, DS510M, DS655, Talon, Scorpion backup guard, Revolution 520 Blades.
    Phoniex Sim, DX9, PL8 charger, Fusion 600watt PSU


    sigpic

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks everyone, got a lot to think about, one thing I do know is that my first heli won't be a 130x.

      Lol

      Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

      Comment


      • #18
        Mcpx then move up to 450+ size. Skip Blade 300x as it's a handful compared to a 450 or bigger.

        Mcpx is such a tough little so and so. Nine times out of ten it's push main gear up, pop a link back in and fly. Better over grass. Hand launch is quite easy if grass is too long for a ground take off.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by p1uke View Post
          Thanks guys, still not sure what to get. Are you able to "dumb" these down abit so there not to powerfully and abit slower.
          I'm looking to buy a heli tomorrow, I don't really fancy a mcpx as I can only fly outdoors, and I don't want a heli that it will restrict me in a few months or so.
          Yes and yes p1uke.
          I'm a noob and learnt on a smaller micro, the mSRX which was a handful for a beginner but certainly not a stretch, just needs patience. Unless you want to start on a very basic 4 channel heli like the msr or msrX like i did first, then the 130 X will be ideal and will keep you happy for a long long time. There are some very passionate mCPX pilots out there and it was a great heli until this beauty came out, now the mCPX is well kind of redundant. I don't mean to upset any passionate mCPX ers out there, but i bet most of them want to upgrade to the 130X as it's everything they wanted the mCPX to be and more...
          You can easily "dumb" these down using D/R and Expo settings to your liking on your DX6i, it is also very resilient to crashing.
          If it is your first heli then it will be a handful but will also be very rewarding when you get the feel for it and i highly recommend it to you.
          I got mine today and i'm in Love already.
          SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dogcow View Post
            There are some very passionate mCPX pilots out there and it was a great heli until this beauty came out, now the mCPX is well kind of redundant. I don't mean to upset any passionate mCPX ers out there, but i bet most of them want to upgrade to the 130X as it's everything they wanted the mCPX to be and more...
            hmm, I don't thinks it's entirely redundant, it certainly still has its place due to it being so resilient to crashing (give or take). I'll upgrade to a 130x when the following 3 criteria are met.

            1. I feel I could manage to not crash the 130x and strip the gears every time I get something wrong.
            2. The MCPx is worn out.
            3. v2 of the 130x comes out ( been there before!)

            I agree that for someone that can already fly, the MCPx is probably now redundant, but not for someone just starting out.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by p1uke View Post
              Thanks everyone, got a lot to think about, one thing I do know is that my first heli won't be a 130x.

              Lol
              Why? Yes a 450 or 500 will be more stable and easier to learn on, but will cost you a fortune on every crash. The Blade heli's are cheap as chips and don't break your bank account when learning to fly. Everyone is different with different abilities and expectations but I have a T-Rex 450 Pro i am in the process of building at the moment and i can assure you that i won't be using that expensive beauty to learn basic 3D skills on!!! That's exactly what i got the 130 X for
              SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

              Comment


              • #22
                I've got my self an mcpx and an mqx to start with. Learn how to fly with the mcpx before buying a 450.
                Thanks everyone.



                Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by dogcow View Post
                  Why? Yes a 450 or 500 will be more stable and easier to learn on, but will cost you a fortune on every crash. The Blade heli's are cheap as chips and don't break your bank account when learning to fly. Everyone is different with different abilities and expectations but I have a T-Rex 450 Pro i am in the process of building at the moment and i can assure you that i won't be using that expensive beauty to learn basic 3D skills on!!! That's exactly what i got the 130 X for
                  Eflite spares will cost you more than 450 spares with exclusion of blades.

                  If you think crashing a 450 is expensive, 130x may disappoint you a bit with its £9.99 tail slider, tail grips and other parts which will break, especially if you attempt to try to learn 3D on it from scratch. 130x isn't a trainer heli by any means, 450 will be much easier to learn on.

                  To op, you've made very good decision, have fun and get some videos up!
                  Michal

                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by AcidDrink View Post
                    Eflite spares will cost you more than 450 spares with exclusion of blades.

                    If you think crashing a 450 is expensive, 130x may disappoint you a bit with its £9.99 tail slider, tail grips and other parts which will break, especially if you attempt to try to learn 3D on it from scratch. 130x isn't a trainer heli by any means, 450 will be much easier to learn on.

                    To op, you've made very good decision, have fun and get some videos up!

                    summed up well by AcidDrink, good choice on mCPX then get a 450. Im just at the 450 stage now and loving it

                    Enjoy your flying

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by AcidDrink View Post
                      130x isn't a trainer heli by any means, 450 will be much easier to learn on.
                      That's your opinion. IMO a 450 certainly isn't a trainer heli either, that's why i learnt on an mSRX so i am fully aware of Blade part prices. A T-Rex simply will not bounce off things like a blade and therefore as you damage more, the costs go up. Either way an mCPX a 130 X or a 450 none of these are trainer heli's they are Intermediate heli's, even the mSRX i learnt on was an intermediate heli.
                      SAB MiniComet, Align T-Rex 500L Dominator, T-Rex 450 Pro V2, T-Rex 150 DFC, 130X, mSRX, Nano CPX BL, Nano QX, Align GPro, Mini VBar, DX8

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        +1 for mcpx as a learner or even 120sr fp to start yourself?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          My model shop said about the 120 Sr lastweek when I went.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by p1uke View Post
                            My model shop said about the 120 Sr lastweek when I went.
                            120sr won't fly outside unless there is no wind or you like to fly a kite.

                            FP helis are waste of time and money these days, better to get mcpx if you don't have patience to spend hours on the sim first or have someone to buddy box you.
                            Michal

                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X