Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

130x - Reviews

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 130x - Reviews

    Hello! now that the 130x has been out a couple of weeks i thought it would be good if you could share your experiences with us!

    So just write what you think about the heli - pros, cons, - durability etc!

    Cheers!
    Sebastian

  • #2
    There are many topics on this subject,
    Paul.
    2 x TDR II Bavarian Demon AXON, Pyro Comp 850/50, Kosmik cool 200, Futaba BLS, 15s
    TDR Bavarian Demon 3X, Pyro Comp 750/56, Kosmik cool, 14s, Savox: SB-2282SG, SB-2283SG Tail
    TD
    R
    Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro 750/56 comp Kosmik Cool 200, Savox,
    Logo 600SE, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Pyro700/52, 80HV,
    Logo 480 xxtreme, Bavarian Demon 3SX, Scorpion, Savox, YGE,

    Comment


    • #3
      Had mine two days now,think its somuch better than my brushless mcpx tail is great had a few ins and now broken the tail pitch slider...GUTTED....
      TREX 600 pro V-BAR

      TREX 500 V-BAR
      DFC

      BLADE 130x

      DX7

      PHOENIX




      Comment


      • #4
        I've put about 15 flights on mine now, as about to do a further 4. It's the nuts. Can do anythin a bigger machine can do, but obviously you have to be a little more gentle and smoother with it. It's a scream though, I've stuck it in properly 3 times now, and every time I've just turned it up on its skids and taken off again awesome!

        Comment


        • #5
          Mine in a fence and survived apart from blade grip ball.. Great for real practice.
          sigpic
          Controlled
          Warp 360 / Compass 6HVu
          /Trex 600n DFC
          HD Cell 500


          Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/GavalarWright/videos

          Comment


          • #6
            I've only held mine so far, but I was pleasantly surprised. Looks better in the flesh than pictures, quality seems adequate and I can't wait to give it a go soon!
            Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

            sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

            Comment


            • #7


              Gavalar's 130 in the fence!

              Comment


              • #8
                I have about 25 flights on mine, crashed only once on the grass (tail gave in), no damage. Overall it's a great heli, but quality of some parts, especially tail assembly (and to some extend swash) is bad and they will have to be replaced with aftermarket parts. Does what it says on the box, BnF 3D heli, but I doubt it will last long time without extensive maintenance every 30-50 flights or so. Very expensive parts £9.99 for a tiny plastic tail slider (which is a disposable part). I gave it as much spanking at the field today as I can and it did everything I wanted (funnels, inverted and upside down, continuous flips, loops, stall turns, rainbows, hurricanes, piroflips).

                Having said all of that, I really like it, it's exactly what I needed, a small, but fully capable 3D heli which I can fly every day.
                Last edited by AcidDrink; 22-07-2012, 06:44 PM.
                Michal

                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Going to sort the vid of you grass cutting with yours, great to see what a good pilot can do with it.
                  sigpic
                  Controlled
                  Warp 360 / Compass 6HVu
                  /Trex 600n DFC
                  HD Cell 500


                  Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/GavalarWright/videos

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Just to add to the experience pool, I just had my first test "flight" around the house...

                    I was interested in how it would fly out of the box, so I literally just checked blade tightness and made sure my TX was setup correctly then hopped up into the air.

                    I do have a brief horrible sounding tail resonance issue for a second or two as it spools up but then it smooths out as the head accelerates up to speed. Not an issue since I always fly I idle up but I'll be looking to get rid of that because it sounds horrible lol.

                    Other than that, she seems to be a beaut. Popped up into a very solid hover, did a few little pitch pumps and piros - tail is 100% better than on the mCP X... Holds well (admittedly since I've only flown it inside I haven't pushed it beyond pitch pumps, but the stock mCP X couldn't even really cope with those), and feels very responsive and direct.

                    Power is fairly good, bogging is noticeable when in idle 1 at 75% flat, but 100% flat in idle 2 seems to pack more punch.... Heli is very stable and I was actually probably more comfortable moving it around the confines of the house than the mCP X.

                    While there is bugger all clearance between black gear and the servo fet I don't appear to have any rubbing yet.

                    Really looking forward to giving it a workout outside. I think I'm going to be quite happy with it! I'm also quite interested in how she will be with a few choice upgrades - my upgraded mCP X was like night and day with the stock one, if I can achieve even half the improvement with some upgrades on this it'll be a super heli!
                    Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                    sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zeeflyboy View Post
                      Just to add to the experience pool, I just had my first test "flight" around the house...

                      I was interested in how it would fly out of the box, so I literally just checked blade tightness and made sure my TX was setup correctly then hopped up into the air.

                      I do have a brief horrible sounding tail resonance issue for a second or two as it spools up but then it smooths out as the head accelerates up to speed. Not an issue since I always fly I idle up but I'll be looking to get rid of that because it sounds horrible lol.

                      Other than that, she seems to be a beaut. Popped up into a very solid hover, did a few little pitch pumps and piros - tail is 100% better than on the mCP X... Holds well (admittedly since I've only flown it inside I haven't pushed it beyond pitch pumps, but the stock mCP X couldn't even really cope with those), and feels very responsive and direct.

                      Power is fairly good, bogging is noticeable when in idle 1 at 75% flat, but 100% flat in idle 2 seems to pack more punch.... Heli is very stable and I was actually probably more comfortable moving it around the confines of the house than the mCP X.

                      While there is bugger all clearance between black gear and the servo fet I don't appear to have any rubbing yet.

                      Really looking forward to giving it a workout outside. I think I'm going to be quite happy with it! I'm also quite interested in how she will be with a few choice upgrades - my upgraded mCP X was like night and day with the stock one, if I can achieve even half the improvement with some upgrades on this it'll be a super heli!
                      So do you think it flies better on the whole than your brushless MCPX?

                      I had a 2 minute flight with one and wasn't too happy with how it flew out of the box. The gain needed to be lowered (not tried since) as there were aileron shakes, and the tail blew out a couple of times just doing circuits / turns (didn't flip it etc as it wasnt mine ).
                      Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
                      Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Haven't flown it properly yet, so I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to throw it around a bit outside.... From my initial impressions though I would say the 130X will be better, mainly due to the tail being so much more responsive. If the tail blew doing circuits then something was wrong with that heli.

                        Shudders I doubt very much are due to gain... More likely slop as per the majority of the mCPX shakes. Lowering the gain might reduce the severity but wouldnt be addressing the cause. I did notice the o-rings on the swash balls (as per the mCP X v2) are too small and don't do anything. If you want to follow the old mCP X fix then those will need to be swapped out to slightly larger ones to help remove slop from those linkages...
                        Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 23-07-2012, 01:31 AM.
                        Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                        sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Just to update!

                          This thing will fly better than my brushless mCP X for sure. The tail is great so far and it has quite a lot of power... feels much bigger than the mCP X as well and the FBL system seems to be more accurate. It is very windy here today and it coped pretty well, tail held well even while doing hard climbs and flips side on to the wind.

                          I do however currently have some shake/shudder around mid stick that needs to be addressed, I need to get some bigger o-rings for the swash and see if that helps, as I mentioned the stock ones are too small to do anything. Not sure why they bothered fitting them!
                          Last edited by Zeeflyboy; 23-07-2012, 08:58 AM.
                          Ridding the world of Helis, one crash at a time....

                          sigpic Proud owner of an EGS and a platinum EGS!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Try the spare cano gromits on the links,mines fine now except for the resonance vibe on spool ups/downs.

                            Need to address that issue,so far i have tried:

                            O ring on pitch slider
                            Second rudder control guide
                            glueing rear crown gear to tt and loctiting front one on

                            no joy!...better tail in flight though.

                            Guess its just the bearing change left to try.

                            Quick flight from yesterday in the wind

                            T- rex 600n V-bar
                            Logo 550sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar
                            Logo 600sx V-bar night flyer

                            VBControl, but not the gay white version as i'm simply not gay enough to pull it off!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Well mine arrived from TJD models last Thursday, I changed the connector right off the bat to JST so I could use the Gens Ace 450s on it (no way I'm paying £15 fr stock lipos!). Gens Ace are a bit snug so I shortened the discharge wires and took a small shaving off the front/ bottom of the canopy - fits great now.
                              18 flights later and I'm really impressed! I had great expectations for this heli and so far its totally lived up. Plenty of power, good response (D/R 100% - no expo) and very stable and no blow-outs (I had to centre the tail though).
                              I'm only just getting into 3D and wanted to try some of the moves that I do on the sim but wouldn't dare try on my T550. In one session at the field I did my 1st half flips, 1st inverted piros and 1st hurricanes! 6 crashes over tall grass and no damage at all.

                              I love this model! Its definitely a good way to gain the confidence/ experience of doing stuff for real that will hopefully transfer to
                              (and be easier on) our larger models.

                              Only negative is the tail wag that wont go away, maybe a second tail pitch slider will help...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X