Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New tail servo option

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    My travel is set to 100. Everything is silky smooth on the tail apart from a bit of slop on the pitch lever fork. I will have another go tomorrow trying some different things. Will post results.

    Gyro gain is on -2.
    Last edited by crf87; 23-12-2013, 08:33 PM.
    Trex 550 v3 FLVX1N
    Synergy N5c VX1N
    DX9
    NEXT SIM
    Accu rc sim

    Comment


    • #17
      Have you spooled up with no main or tail blades on? Does it still wag then? If no add the main blades does it start then? If no then the tail blades need balancing. If it wags on just the main blades could be a fine crack in main shaft or grit in main gear etc. But for me I always check first with no blade on and then go from there.
      Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
      Goosky S1
      DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

      Comment


      • #18
        ok so I had one more test flight with it and developed a high pitch noise coming from the tail so I decided to strip the tail down only to find the rear tt bearing was notchy, I changed all the bearings in the tail, spooled it up and seems fine now so had a test hover and it was all good until I put a hard rudder input in then it turned into a violent tail wag, shut it down and adjusted the gyro down to -5 and tried again, now it all seems good apart from a little bounce at the stop of each hard rudder input. going to try a different servo horn as the one im using is 9mm from hole centres.
        Trex 550 v3 FLVX1N
        Synergy N5c VX1N
        DX9
        NEXT SIM
        Accu rc sim

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Surinder Singh View Post
          Major twitching with mine

          Just awaiting Lynx support. I've tried everything on my end. Luckily my board seems fine when I swapped back out to the stock servo.

          Lynx 130x tail servo - YouTube
          did you get yours sorted,if so what was the problem. i have just replaced my stock one which died in a crash with the ds883 and it is twitching like crazy when i plug it in

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by anyw View Post
            did you get yours sorted,if so what was the problem. i have just replaced my stock one which died in a crash with the ds883 and it is twitching like crazy when i plug it in
            I think the ones that twitch are faulty from the packet and need to be replaced. I dont think that there is a fix for them and people who have tried to fly with them either burn their as3x or servo or both.
            Last edited by Bhujang; 07-12-2016, 03:59 PM.
            Oxy 2, 180cfx, 130X
            Goosky S1
            DX 8 , Phoenix sim, DJI P3P

            Comment

            Working...
            X