If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
[QUOTE=Mike Sanders;1226558]Did you get the full redundancy money?[/QUOTE]
Did I bollo..s!! Not many did and so quite a few handed in their notice and one person quit. Oh well. Exciting new times ahead. Less free time but more money and overtime.
I too have now been retired for 3 years and I concur, it is absolutely wonderful, but strangely I still don't have time for R/C Flying - but I plan to address that this year!
Edmund All Electric: Tx: Futaba 18mz & Spektrum DX8 Gen 2 for BnF toys Helicopters:Blade mCPX, Nano CPX; T-Rex 250SE; Outrage G5, Outrage G5 FBL; Trex 500 CF; Trex 500 ESP, Trex 500 Pro FBL Small Planks:Multiplex Acromaster, PA Addiction, PA Extra 260, Big Plank:Jabiru SK Chargers: eStation Bantam BC8; Graupner Ultra Duo Plus 50, LiPro Quad 6, Revolectrix Celpro PowerLab 8 v2
[QUOTE=p4ddy;1226555]Well today after 14yrs I have just filled a vending machine for the very last time. I am as of now no longer the diet coke man (it was only the woman at Scottish and southern energy in Basingstoke that called me that). They were reducing our hours and salary considerably so I handed in my notice. I did secure employment first though. So I'm having a couple of weeks of before my training begins as a............,...............Bus Driver. .[/QUOTE]
Been a Coach Engineer all me live & every bus & coach driver starts a conversation" I was a bus mechanic once :ack2::ack2::ack2:
[QUOTE=Mike Sanders;1226575]While we are on the subject of occupations, I have now been retired for 7 years. It's great![/QUOTE]
End of November I told the boss to stuff ya job and left that night, couple companies got to hear I had left & offered me a job but got a year to retirement do I really want to work :biggrin:, I'm going to take time out till end of April & then decide, who knows might enjoy this relaxing life.
[QUOTE=ChrisB;1226570]Were you running out of Meachers place Paddy?
Brave man being a bus driver,sod that for PITA freight.:D[/QUOTE]
Before coke closed down in 2007 we were opposite them. Then just before it closed meachers allowed the LDS guys to work from their yard. Then eventually coke layed them all off. I've been having my stock delivered to me for the past 7 years.
I could start my lgv lessons but this appeared whilst I was looking and the psv training is of no cost to me (so long as I stay 3 years minimum). If I decide it's not for me I'll do my class 2 then you can get me a job at TNT
Yeh i remember them being opposite Meachers and when they closed i saw the trucks running out of their yard,just wondered if that was still the case.
As for TNT(soon to become Fedex as UK integration should be complete this year) that name will cease to exist.We have had a few drivers leave,new nanagers in and orders coming down from Fedex HQ now who do things very different and they have not stuck it.
They are not recruiting any more as the Fedex way is self employed drivers so they save a fortune in not employing directly,i think redundancy is the end game for drivers here.
I am not fully driving now,i do some but work part time in the eves mon to fri(16.30 to 21.30) processing freight coming in off the vehicles so that leaves me every day free mostly,lay ins every day and i can still get a normal nights sleep.
just remember to shut off and smile at the little darlings on their way home from school pushing the stop bells all the way
once you get wound up once they'll do it even more
Hirobo Turbulence D3 a bunch of bls servo's and a 701 gyro Powered by an OS91 hz and a MP2
Winner of the LHC Scale Cup 2011 1/4 scale Vario Bell 47 G3
1/3 scale Vario R22 2012 LHC Scale Cup Judge
member of save the flybar foundation www.alcesterhelicopterclub.bmfa.org sigpic
Just to add further to that I said to the wife it's the first time I've started a new job and been really happy. Hours can be naff so I don't have the free time I did before but it's good money so I can comprise.
you need to change your location to
driving around in circles in my bus
Hirobo Turbulence D3 a bunch of bls servo's and a 701 gyro Powered by an OS91 hz and a MP2
Winner of the LHC Scale Cup 2011 1/4 scale Vario Bell 47 G3
1/3 scale Vario R22 2012 LHC Scale Cup Judge
member of save the flybar foundation www.alcesterhelicopterclub.bmfa.org sigpic
[QUOTE=tourerjim;1226582]End of November I told the boss to stuff ya job and left that night, couple companies got to hear I had left & offered me a job but got a year to retirement do I really want to work :biggrin:, I'm going to take time out till end of April & then decide, who knows might enjoy this relaxing life.[/QUOTE]
Back in May I got a surprised text from my last company boss asking if I was interested in coming back to work so I said yes but part time only & he agreed so its nice to get back to my old skills & still have spare time for me hobby's.
Comment