Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3GX settings for a 700N

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3GX settings for a 700N

    I've had a 3GX sitting on the shelf for a while and out of curiosity I thought I'd give it a try on my 700N. I tried some settings from a guy called Leon Luke on Helifreak but I'm not that happy with how it flies, particularly due to the quite severe bounce on hard cyclic stops.

    Can anyone suggest some good settings for a 700N? Are the beginner/expert etc settings that are built into the 3GX software any good? My next plan was to try those out.

  • #2
    Hey.

    Yeah, Leons didn't work well at all for me either. The model felt very loose, not locked in and rocked about like the proverbial in a top hat ;-) Dunc also had similar bad results from them to.

    I'm going to suggest you try mine in the 3GX forum and stay on V1.1 firmware, although my settings do apparently work very well on V1.2 which I was pleased to hear.
    The stock expert ones will get you going, but are not great on all models. Depends on your flying abilitys really highlighting any quirks not accounted for in the settings file.

    For pitch settings I'd suggest no more than 10 degress cyclic and 12~14 collective.

    Give mine a whirl and then let me know what you feel in flight and we'll go from there.
    .
    Last edited by coolice; 05-01-2012, 02:06 PM.
    Ian Contessa
    Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



    Coolice Power Supplies
    Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Ian I will give your settings a try.


      http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/align-...ngs-files.html
      I don't see a specific one for a TRex 700. Shall I try the 550 ones?

      I'll report back on how I get on although not sure how soon I'll get out to fly.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by J-S-Q View Post
        Thanks Ian I will give your settings a try.


        http://www.rcheliaddict.co.uk/align-...ngs-files.html
        I don't see a specific one for a TRex 700. Shall I try the 550 ones?

        I'll report back on how I get on although not sure how soon I'll get out to fly.
        Hey.

        You're welcome buddy, glad to help.

        Yes, go with my 550 settings as I'm confident they will work well for you straight away and may only need small changes to suit you're model better.
        .
        Ian Contessa
        Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



        Coolice Power Supplies
        Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

        Comment

        Working...
        X