Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3GX shortest review ever

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 3GX shortest review ever

    "not too bad".

    Tried it on a 700E, I felt right at home with the heli.
    There was some elevator bounce, but higher headspeed might help. The tail was solid enough, without any parameter tweaking.
    Woohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoo -Barbra Streisand

  • #2
    if the weather is ok tomorrow i will post my findings on this unit
    Kel Velocity 50 sk-720 ,Fusion 50 v-bar pro 5.2 ,Velocity 90 v-bar pro 5.2 & JR DSX11 ,Phoenix and a fridge full of bottled water RCHA Courier Services PM for Details www.parcelshipper.co.uk and www.impactexpress.co.uk

    Comment


    • #3
      yeah like mine too

      thanks for the mini review

      craig
      Black Country Helicopter club.

      Comment


      • #4
        Hey.

        I would say a higher head speed will most probably increase your elevator bounce, as teh 3GX will be able to stop faster due to the increased head authority.

        To start with I would suggest increasing the elevator stop gain value, as this is used to suppress the fore/aft bobbing motion on aggressive stops.
        You can also try lowering the elevator gain and lock gain settings if the above does not help.
        .
        Last edited by coolice; 15-07-2011, 10:41 PM.
        Ian Contessa
        Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



        Coolice Power Supplies
        Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

        Comment


        • #5
          >> elevator stop gain value ...lock gain
          thanks! Changing those would require a PC interface, or did I overlook them in the manual?
          Woohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoo -Barbra Streisand

          Comment


          • #6
            What you put it on Kel?


            Oh, I see
            + 7 x Eddies finest EGS's


            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GravityKills View Post
              >> elevator stop gain value ...lock gain
              thanks! Changing those would require a PC interface, or did I overlook them in the manual?
              Your very welcome buddy.

              Yes, unfortunately you will need the PC link and interface, do you have one?
              .
              Ian Contessa
              Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



              Coolice Power Supplies
              Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

              Comment


              • #8
                no, it belongs to someone else.
                I programmed a very low headspeed, since that 700 is the owner's first heli ever. It flies well enough, there is no use to fine-tune it to perfection.
                If things go as planned, he'll increase headspeed in a couple of weeks, and then we'd have to start all over.

                I'm planning to get a 700 V2 with 3GX once it's available. I'll try the 3GX first, instead of the V-Bar I'd have used otherwise.
                Last edited by GravityKills; 16-07-2011, 09:59 AM.
                Woohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoo -Barbra Streisand

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hey.

                  Try writing my posted 550 3G settings to the models 3G system, I popped them on Pete Ayriss's 700E last weeend and they worked great and smoothed the model out nicely, removing a lot of the quirks. Again you will need the PC link and software though.
                  .
                  Ian Contessa
                  Robbe SchluterUK / Midland Helicopters / Align



                  Coolice Power Supplies
                  Coolice Custom Built Charge Case's

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by coolice View Post
                    Your very welcome buddy.

                    Yes, unfortunately you will need the PC link and interface, do you have one?
                    .
                    I am looking at getting at 3GX for my 500. I thought that the 3GX came with a PC link and interface - or have I got that wrong?

                    Steve
                    Logo 500SE
                    Forza 450

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes it does com with a pc link interface but you with need a USB extenstion lead as the interface lead is very short.
                      Kasama Srimok (OS91HZ), Kasama Srimok (YS91SR), Srimok FIFA, Trex 700N, Trex 600N, Trex 600E, Trex 500 FBL, Xcell Tempest 91, TSK Mystar 61, Volt 700E FBL,

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well my first impression is.......
                        I should Have loaded the software on my field laptop as I had massive tail wag and needed to adjust the parameters so can't tell yet


                        Sent from my iPhone using crapatalk
                        Kel Velocity 50 sk-720 ,Fusion 50 v-bar pro 5.2 ,Velocity 90 v-bar pro 5.2 & JR DSX11 ,Phoenix and a fridge full of bottled water RCHA Courier Services PM for Details www.parcelshipper.co.uk and www.impactexpress.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          did you try to change the gyro sensitivity via the radio?
                          Woohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoohoo -Barbra Streisand

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            A pretty tidy bit of flying with one here

                            ‪Korawich Thongsri ALIGN 3GX Flybarless system Test 1‬‏ - YouTube

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X