Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

    My aling servo's on my 450, started to make a strange noise, get stuck if I move by hands after couples on tiled take offs, I opened them and the gear seems ok, but after Staelyen tread I wonder i might missed something. So I'm asking what are the signs of a gone servo?

    Thanx
    Mikado Logo 600 3D
    Evergreen Raptor 50 now R.I.P.
    Align T-rex 450 V2 gt5 fbl soon controlled by Ardupilot Mega 2.5
    Trex 600 nitro

    Hitec Aurora 9

    PL8 supported by Grant PSU aka "The Black BOX"

  • #2
    the servo motor will be much slower and weak also if its sticking you may have a broken tooth thats getting stuck with the other gears .you can open it carefully and have a look
    Trex 550e dfc :-)
    Sab Goblin 500 Sport/dx8 and 9
    t-rex 450s x2 /Raptor 50
    blade 130x 3off/mcpx x2 180cfx times 2
    multiplex acromaster 3d (great fun) acrowot,sonic wing,Graupner junior 2mtr glider,beast biplane .
    kyosho spree small plank
    bogey combat plank x2 woop
    http://www.cuffleymfc.co.uk



    brian OB2 proud owner of 3X E.G.S+ 1boggy special star

    Comment


    • #3
      What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

      I have open two out of three and the biggest gear wheel got all of the teeth, so I might need to get the gears out and check deeper?
      Mikado Logo 600 3D
      Evergreen Raptor 50 now R.I.P.
      Align T-rex 450 V2 gt5 fbl soon controlled by Ardupilot Mega 2.5
      Trex 600 nitro

      Hitec Aurora 9

      PL8 supported by Grant PSU aka "The Black BOX"

      Comment


      • #4
        juddering from my experience

        Comment


        • #5
          Looks like a Zebra??
          Synergy N5 -BeastX
          450 Pro -BeastX
          Black Horse Sukhoi 31
          DSX9
          Eagle RC Heli Club

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Spanner View Post
            Looks like a Zebra??
            www.lincsheli.com

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

              Other things aside from stripped gears that might cause a servo to feel click are bent servo gear axles, bits of broken plastic/dirt in between the cogs or even a stripped irreplaceable servo motor gear. The latter is often hard to spot as the little cog is mostly covered.

              Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
              Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
              Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






              Comment


              • #8
                What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

                We are talking of the 450
                Mikado Logo 600 3D
                Evergreen Raptor 50 now R.I.P.
                Align T-rex 450 V2 gt5 fbl soon controlled by Ardupilot Mega 2.5
                Trex 600 nitro

                Hitec Aurora 9

                PL8 supported by Grant PSU aka "The Black BOX"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

                  The same applies to 450 servos

                  Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
                  Trex 700n DFC - YS120, Spartan Vortex
                  Gaui X5 - Spartan Vortex






                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What are the symptoms of a striped servo?

                    If they don't sound smooth when moved by hand there is more than likely a tooth missing on one of the smaller gears
                    You can get replacement gear sets
                    DX8

                    Phoenix
                    RealFlight 7

                    Mcpx BL

                    Trex 550 DFC with Vx1n

                    Trex 700 DFC Pro Hv with Vx1n

                    Zmr250 mini H Quad racer

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X