Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS410M/410/415M Lash

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DS410M/410/415M Lash

    I've got various DS4xx cyclic servos that go with FBL T-Rex 450 Pros.

    I've got 3 new DS410s (not Ms), and two of them have got a lot of lash in the gears - but the 3rd doesn't. A new DS415M (interesting spec & price) doesn't seem much better.

    I must have a look at some of the other DS410Ms I've got to see what these are like. However, I don't remember noticing it.

    I'm guessing that this much lash must effect how they fly, and setting up the FBL head accurately. This is particulalry irritating, as the (RJX) head and (Align) swash between them have negligible slop - but the servos lead to quite a lot of play.

    Any similar experiences ?

    I guess Savox are the same ?
    Yes, it's th@ tw@ Scallyb@...

  • #2
    The savox 257 have considerably less backlash,about half the price to!
    Synergy e7
    Trex 550 dfc incoming
    trex 450 pro with dfc head for sale
    mcpx bl conversion
    mcpx bl

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ronny p View Post
      The savox 257 have considerably less backlash,about half the price to!
      That's interesting.

      Looking at the other DS410Ms I have, there doesn't seem to be much lash on these - so it seems the lash in the Align servos may vary. Or maybe just the non-M DS410s are particularly bad.

      On price, the DS415Ms seem to be the same price as Savoxs - but are faster.

      Hmm, not really conclusive...
      Yes, it's th@ tw@ Scallyb@...

      Comment


      • #4
        I had to buy a ds410m as I burnt one of my servos the other day. The new replacement has no slop at all! Whereas the other old ones have

        Comment


        • #5
          Heard lots of people saying to steer clear of the ds410m's as they have a tendency to fail. I ran them on my 450 sport and had no trouble with them. A fair servo but after using hitec hs65mgs I probably wouldn't get another set.

          Comment


          • #6
            I've had both the DS410 and the DS410M on my 450s and both of them were really sloppy.

            I've been using these for the last few months...


            TGY-306G Ultra Fast/High Torque MG Digital Alloy Cased Servo 3kg / .06sec / 21g



            They're a copy of the MKS DS95 but 1/3 of the price. I've had no problems with them at all... and they're really fast!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ph678 View Post
              Heard lots of people saying to steer clear of the ds410m's as they have a tendency to fail. I ran them on my 450 sport and had no trouble with them. A fair servo but after using hitec hs65mgs I probably wouldn't get another set.
              The H6-65MGs are slightly lower spec, and not digital..?
              Yes, it's th@ tw@ Scallyb@...

              Comment


              • #8
                i just prefered using the hitecs. Couldnt put my finger on it but after hearing bad press against the aligns it was just a mental thing! i always heard good things about the hitecs and they served me very well. When your talking tenth of seconds in full throws to be honest im not going to notice that at the level of flying im at (sport). Also being digital wouldnt make the slighest bit of difference for me either as again i wouldnt notice it. Im not a 3d master so i think its only when your flying at extremes then you want more from your electrics. Just my thoughts .

                Comment


                • #9
                  If it's your thumbs driving the servos, I'd agree. However, we're talking FBL here (check my original post... ), and they care, because the servo latency is part of the cyclic control loop.

                  ie the swash servos have similar demands on them to tail servos.

                  Having said that, some FBL controllers are ok with analog servos - in fact the whole analog/digital servo distinction is blurred. I have some digital servos that have to be configured as analogs, because they won't take a 125Hz (or whatever) frame rate, and that's how you specify a lower frame rate on some FBL controllers.

                  BTW, I've got HS-65MGs on my FBed G5s. Seemed fine, but had as bad slop issues as the DS410Ms, and I've found swapping gears on them [HS-65MGs] much harder than on DS410s. This is because the Align gearsets come with new bearings. Removing the bearings from the HS-65MG output shafts was pretty much beyond me.
                  Yes, it's th@ tw@ Scallyb@...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X