Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tail gains

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by cjm180 View Post
    <br>
    I did look at the logs for the castle esc, through out the flight the head speed did not change more than +- 50rpm. Its a similar story on the 600l and I don't have the issue on that. However, the gov gain in the castle software is set to medium on the 600l, but low on the goblin. I can up it to medium and see if it makes a difference.<br>
    <br>
    I just felt the tail gain was getting low at 44! I will take it down to 40 and then 35 and see if it helps. Its been absolutely perfect in circuits.<br>
    <br>
    I will check I have zero pitch at centre stick on the tail, I will have another flight with the lower gains and then pull the logs for the ESC. what am I looking for in the logs? over / under speeding? is +- 50rpm good?
    <br>
    <br>
    You don't need to see a large change in head speed to cause this, it is the change in torque being applied by the motor that causes the tail to kick (after all, the governor is trying to keep the head speed constant). If torque is applied or reduced&nbsp;too quickly, the tail has to react to it. It does seem strange that you are already running with low governor gains though. This would normally be an indication of the governor gain being too high. Depending on which way the tail kicks, it could also be that the tail gain is too low and so not able to react to the&nbsp;torque changes&nbsp;appropriately.<br><br>The other possible scenario is that the castle logging&nbsp;sample rate&nbsp;is too slow to catch the head speed dip or increase (i.e. the change is happening between two samples and therefore not being seen). If this is the case, a higher governor gain may fix it but I think this is a bit of a long shot really.

    After all of that rambling, the long and the short of it is that your tail and/or governor gains could both be either too high or too low - helpful eh?
    So many heli's, so little time.

    Comment


    • #17
      Hey

      So got a flight on the goblin today. I have moved the tail gain from the gyro menu back to the dial. I started with the gain 10 points below what I had at the last wag, and all seemed fine.

      I didn't do any punch outs, put I did some loops with really fast exits, as well as some high stall turns, again to get FF speed up. No issue.

      A few times tho, as it levelled out infront of me going fast I could hear a oscillating whirl, a bit like a gain is out. But it seems to be flying ok. maybe the whirl is a bit of belt slap?

      My gain for tail is now 33 in the diagnose page.
      Kr
      Craig

      Goblin 700 KSE, Trex 700x, Goblin 770 Sport - Build in progress
      Armattan Chameleon, Losi 5T, HPI Baja
      Aj Laser 60" - Build in progress

      Jeti DS-16

      Comment


      • #18
        Chris,
        I had much the same issue today with my Goblin 700 Speed.. I was gradually building up to some speed runs in high headspeed flight mode and i got some quite scary tail shake. Problem is that I'm running the heli more in a sport/3D configuration with 115mm tail blades rather than the 105mm tails that come as standard with the 700 speed, so this makes the tail more sensitive in fast flight. I'll just have to knock the gain down a bit.
        Goblin Kraken, SoXos Strike 7, XLPower Specter, Goblin Black Thunder T, Goblin 700 Speed, Goblin 770 Comp Carbon, Trex 700X, Kasama Dune, Henseleit TDR

        Comment

        Working...
        X