Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feathering spindle

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • feathering spindle

    If you ever need to change the feathering spinle on the hawk sport, be careful. I generally like things to be tight even when using nyloc nuts. However, then spindle is quite soft and WILL break if you tighten the nuts up too much.
    Ant
    Pilot of scale earth repelling objects

  • #2
    For myself learning to fly a heli was not that big a deal, as I came from fixed wing.
    The most difficult part was the engineering side when to lock tight things and when not to -- how far to go when you tighten things up without stripping threads. When self tapping into plastic - knowing when to stop.
    Dave D
    If it's not fun, your not doing it right !!

    Comment


    • #3
      you havent mastered the locktite trick yet have you dave?

      chappers

      Comment


      • #4
        Correct Keith - but when " I know it all " then I'll be just like you, a smarty pants!!
        Dave
        If it's not fun, your not doing it right !!

        Comment


        • #5
          OUCH!

          Comment

          Working...
          X