Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

synergy e5 tail blades

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • synergy e5 tail blades

    Hey guys im picking up an e5 tomorrow can't wait, but I'm not sure what size tail blades to run i have a set of 550mm rjx mains and a set of 95mm tails would this work ok for a 12s setup.
    Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

  • #2
    I think the standard is 96mm Rails

    From my understanding 9500-10k is the target tail rotor rpm for the E5, this combined with the 96mm Rails tail blades. There is an optional tail ratio gear I think .. Best PM Gashead (Ross) as he knows his stuff about the E5
    Last edited by SamS; 23-03-2013, 06:35 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Cool ,will do cheers sam.
      Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

      Comment


      • #4
        synergy e5 tail blades

        Yes. 95/6mm tails if you want 2400 +

        Ross and myself are @ 2250 and use 105/6mm tails with either a rush or 7hv tail fin to keep them out the dirt.

        We've also both changed the 2 gears to speed the tail ratio up a bit.
        sigpic
        7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
        6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
        Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
        HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
        WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
        Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





        Comment


        • #5
          So is the tail authority bad under 2400 with 95 mm blades . I was thinking of running 2400-2500 rpm . Would I need to change the gears does it fly much better with 105mm
          Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

          Comment


          • #6
            synergy e5 tail blades

            Anything over 2250 is a waste of flight time. You'd probably get 3.5 - 4 mins at 2500/2400.

            We get 4.30 with 5000 packs. They did the tail gear option for us non hard 3d types that like lower headspeeds.
            sigpic
            7HV Kosmik 200 cool Neo BL9180 BL9188 pyro 750/56 comp
            6HV ultimate Helijive120 SK540 BLS351 BLS251
            Goblin 500 SK540 jive 100lv
            HD 500 SK540 jive 80 lv
            WARP 360 KOBY 55 SK720 MKS92a MKS95i
            Oxy 3 SK540 minijazz20





            Comment


            • #7
              I only ever get 3 .30 ,4 mins out of my fusion , I can't concentrate much longer than that. What if i did run it under 2400 with 95 mm tails would it be bad or just not recommended.
              Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rockyrotti View Post
                I only ever get 3 .30 ,4 mins out of my fusion , I can't concentrate much longer than that. What if i did run it under 2400 with 95 mm tails would it be bad or just not recommended.
                First off buy the speed up gear syn-320-154 & syn320-112 it worth doing even if you use a 2400/2500 head speed, second dont install the teflon on the tail pushrod as it becomes sticky and don't work very well, thirdly change the crap canopy to something half decent, and then fly, you dont need anything above 2300 max, trust me theres enough power unless maybe your doing very hard 3d.
                Try 95mm tails blades but just be prepared to also use 105mm tail blades and as heahy said use a 7hv or alees rush tail fin to increase the height so tails dont interfere with the ground.
                Troll buster
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #9
                  If your sticking to a standard 550 class setup then 95/96mm tail blades will be more tha adequate with the standard gear setup, if you plan to stretch it then you can go to 105mm tails for increased authority with the stanadard transmission gearing or stik with the 95/96mm tails and fit the optional transmission speed up gears.

                  Hope this helps
                  Thanks!
                  Rossco
                  sigpic
                  Synergy N7 / Synergy E7SE / Synergy E5
                  Synergy R/C Helicopters / Rail Blades / Fast-Lad Performance Flight Team
                  Equipment for Sale:

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ROSSCO View Post
                    If your sticking to a standard 550 class setup then 95/96mm tail blades will be more tha adequate with the standard gear setup, if you plan to stretch it then you can go to 105mm tails for increased authority with the stanadard transmission gearing or stik with the 95/96mm tails and fit the optional transmission speed up gears.

                    Hope this helps
                    I disagree with you rossco, I find the Tail authority on the e5 not to be the best, 2 machines and both needed the tail speed up gears and longer blades, I'm running speed up gears, 105mm tails and the vbar gain is at 106
                    Troll buster
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well thanks for all the advice guys , I wish I just stuck with my fusion now ,having to spend out and and change gears from new kit just for it to fly good is that right. I'm only going to stick with the 550 setup but on 12s so I think I will fly it a see how it feels as im breaking the bank just buying it . I do appreciate the info .
                      Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I'm gonna stick with 2300 hs as advised as I'm going to try 2200mah packs should get 3 mins on a 12s setup i would have thought . And im going to run the vortex on it so im thinking it should be a good setup i hope . My setup is a scorpion 4025 550 kv ,cc80hv esc im just not quite sure what pinion to use.
                        Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          What cyclics and tail you using ?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm gonna use align ds610s on cyclic and a savox sh1290mg on tail.
                            Agile 7.2Gaui x5Compass 7hv Mikado logo 500 se

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X