After some time I have gone back to a Tempest FAI.
I lost a tempest 3d last year after a short that caused it to go in full chat.. I sold it on as spares and went for a Trex 700, although the trex was cheap to replace it just did not have quality feel that my xcell had.
I have got one with a gear Ratio of 8.36/8.43 using an OS 90SZ, so I presume that is a 93tooth main gear with an 11tooth pinion, is there anything wrong with using the same engine and going back to stock gear ratio 7.75 ? What made people change to 8.45 ?
I also am looking for spares, I see the MA Germany is still building up stocks as I have emailed them a few times, I found a couple of places in Europe that have a few spares so am gradually building up a stock pile.
I currently have a Stratus with a OS91 and 4 boxes of spares, it flies really well but I still prefer the Tempest..
Are the parts between a Stratus and Tempest interchangeable ? I guess the head is main difference, but all other parts, are they similar ?
Many thanks
Matt
I lost a tempest 3d last year after a short that caused it to go in full chat.. I sold it on as spares and went for a Trex 700, although the trex was cheap to replace it just did not have quality feel that my xcell had.
I have got one with a gear Ratio of 8.36/8.43 using an OS 90SZ, so I presume that is a 93tooth main gear with an 11tooth pinion, is there anything wrong with using the same engine and going back to stock gear ratio 7.75 ? What made people change to 8.45 ?
I also am looking for spares, I see the MA Germany is still building up stocks as I have emailed them a few times, I found a couple of places in Europe that have a few spares so am gradually building up a stock pile.
I currently have a Stratus with a OS91 and 4 boxes of spares, it flies really well but I still prefer the Tempest..
Are the parts between a Stratus and Tempest interchangeable ? I guess the head is main difference, but all other parts, are they similar ?
Many thanks
Matt


and a platinum star

Comment