Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logo 550SE on 8S ??

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Logo 550SE on 8S ??

    Guys'
    As an experiment I'm thinking i that id like to try my Logo 550SE on an 8s set-up.
    I have a YGE90LV speed controller and a Kontronik Pyro 650-1030Kv motor currently installed
    in my Logo 550 with a 6s set-up and its spinning 600mm blades.

    I know there's a good possibility that I will need to change the pinion, but do you think the ESC and motor will
    be OK for an 8s set-up ??

    Bluegarry1
    Logo690SX with Spirit System
    Logo550SE with Spirit System
    Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

  • #2
    Pretty sure the YGE90lv is 6s only so thats a limiting factor. I tried 6/7/8s to stick to a single pack and 8s ran significantly cooler.

    MJ

    Comment


    • #3
      What headspeeds are you running on it Gary? It used to be that 6s setups were either really limited or known to be pack-killers or both. But it seems things have moved on a bit, LiPos are better and newer airframes are lighter etc.

      I started thinking about converting one of my 12s 600s to 6s so I could run a single 4000-5000mah pack and get away from having two different sets of LiPos.
      Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
      Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
      Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

      member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
      Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by trillian View Post
        What headspeeds are you running on it Gary? It used to be that 6s setups were either really limited or known to be pack-killers or both. But it seems things have moved on a bit, LiPos are better and newer airframes are lighter etc.

        I started thinking about converting one of my 12s 600s to 6s so I could run a single 4000-5000mah pack and get away from having two different sets of LiPos.
        Hi. My Logo 550SE headspeeds are: Normal 1500, Idle 1 1600 and Idle 2 1750. Flight time is around 7-8 minutes with 20% left in the battery pack.

        Bluegary1
        Logo690SX with Spirit System
        Logo550SE with Spirit System
        Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

        Comment


        • #5
          I think Maj is correct you'd need to upgrade the esc to HV for the cell count.

          to find out the pinion etc have you tried Mr Mels headspeed calculator.

          MrMel headspeed calculator v3
          All the best
          Tony.
          Thunder Tiger E700 - Align 700N - Fusion 50 - Align 600N


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sesame View Post
            I think Maj is correct you'd need to upgrade the esc to HV for the cell count.

            to find out the pinion etc have you tried Mr Mels headspeed calculator.

            MrMel headspeed calculator v3
            Thanks Tony. 👍👍
            Logo690SX with Spirit System
            Logo550SE with Spirit System
            Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

            Comment


            • #7
              I yesterday maindened my recently aquired Logo 600SE.
              I have a Actro 32-3, 555kv motor and a 90 amp 6S ESC, like yours.
              I put in this ESC while I decide about my final choice of ESC, so I can
              test the heli and experiment with low RPM, meanwhile.
              I have calculated that my RPM on the video is 930.
              I hope that number is correct.
              I had just over 4,0 volts per cell after a 6 minute flight. That is
              some 20% used and 80% left. I could have flied 15 minutes
              to storage or 24 minutes to 20% left. The average current was
              10 amps (≈250 watt) during the flight.

              I would say you could run with 6S, but what will the current be?
              With your motor, the Kontronik Pyro 650-1030Kv you should be able to get
              a reasonable power and RPM with 6S, but if you use 2,5 kW that is 100 amp
              att 25 volt. If you can limit the current to 90 amps you should be OK.
              If you pull more, you will probably burn the ESC.

              Logo 600SE, with 700 blades and 6S at 930 RPM


              Regards,
              Bo
              Last edited by nkma; 30-06-2015, 09:16 AM. Reason: corr.
              HK, Align, Mikado and SAB. 450, 380 500, 550, 600, 600SE & 700.

              Comment

              Working...
              X