Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new Logo 550SX Project

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • My new Logo 550SX Project

    Well it's been a very interesting project but here it is finally. I started with a stock Logo 550SX kit, but changed the boom and converted it to an SE. I then removed the 5mm bottom counter bearing and refitted a 6mm one so that I could install a Kontronik Pyro 650-103 motor. Next thing was to change the main gear and pinion to M1 size. Finally I got one of the new tail boom covers from Heli Centre Berlin (Germany) and fitted that (albeit with a tiny amount of trimming at the end, but no big deal). Then fitted Heli-Tec Ninja 600mm main blades and 95mm tails. It needed a little bit of weight in the front of the canopy which was really easy to do and it flies brilliantly.

    Electronic set up is:
    YGE 90LV Esc, Sprit Flybarless System, Opti-Power 6s 5000Mah battery pack. Opti-Power Ultra Guard back up unit.

    Happy days

    Bluegarry1

    11350549_395905130601342_4790810577466324760_n.jpg 11391364_395905123934676_7512203466921745713_n.jpg 11391771_395905093934679_1575066940690751069_n.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bluegarry1; 10-06-2015, 07:25 AM.
    Logo690SX with Spirit System
    Logo550SE with Spirit System
    Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

  • #2
    It looks interesting Gary but the pics are tiny! I'd like to see bigger pics.

    What is the takeoff weight with a 5000mah pack? I'm curious how well it does on 6s as I am thinking of converting my Beam E6 to 6s so I can standardise my LiPos.
    Kasama, Minicopter, Henseleit, JR, Shape, Beam
    Robbe, RMJ Raptor gasser, powered by
    Spartan, Spirit, BeastX, Kontronik, CY Total-G, DX8

    member of Epsom Downs and Bloobird clubs
    Proud recipient of 7 EGS! and a platinum star

    Comment


    • #3
      Oi Garry ......NOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo

      what are you doing making a logo look like a goblin !!!!!

      Not even funny lol
      sigpic


      Rave ENV Nitro
      New Logo 550
      Synergy N5c
      TSA 700E night flier
      I use VBar control because it's feckin awesome I use NEO rescue when I remember to
      5 x EGS thingys and a Platinum star doo dah

      Comment


      • #4
        Here's a link to the site where the tail boom cover came from. I've got to say that my Logo flies really nice and so smooth :-)
        www.heli-center-berlin.de/

        Garry
        Logo690SX with Spirit System
        Logo550SE with Spirit System
        Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

        Comment


        • #5
          Trillian
          I've updated the photos

          Bluegarry1
          Logo690SX with Spirit System
          Logo550SE with Spirit System
          Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

          Comment


          • #6
            Great conversion as I did the identical motor and main gear change on mine early last year and the power train is so much better. However Im a little undecided on the boom cover sorry .
            I ysed to get 4.5mins on mine using 5000mAh 6s packs , very tempted to build another one at some stage this year as there a great heli, but im also tempted to use the 650-103L Competition motor to increase the power slightly. I will see !

            Comment


            • #7
              Not sure I like the boom. Although strangely the extreme ones seem to suit those helis better.
              Pete

              Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
              Lynx Heli Team Pilot

              Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

              Comment


              • #8
                Heres the mod for fitting the motor , the 12 tooth pinion works the best I found .

                Pyro 650-103L, 550SX Edition.pdf

                Comment


                • #9
                  How do the flight times compare between the Scorpion and the pyro motors?
                  Pete

                  Oxy3, Logo 480xx, Logo 550sx, Rave Ballistic
                  Lynx Heli Team Pilot

                  Proud member of the "too stupid to fly" model heli club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    A lot better , I was getting 4.5mins on mine and it was coming down a lot cooler too. Ive just sold my Diabolo 700 so im now putting together another 550SX V2 lol !

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      don`t forget the canopy too
                      Attached Files
                      Seaking

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Rob Barnes View Post
                        A lot better , I was getting 4.5mins on mine and it was coming down a lot cooler too. Ive just sold my Diabolo 700 so im now putting together another 550SX V2 lol !
                        I like my 550sx with the pyro motor so much that I also wanted to get a second one but after some thought I decided to just have one and with the money to get more packs thus flying it more time.

                        Mate, what was the reason that made you to get another one? Besides the obsession
                        - Michalis - OXY HELI - XNova Motors -
                        ...and let the flying be second nature!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I just need a small size helicopter I can fly in the field opposite the house, the 550SX is ideal !

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Sorry you don't like the boom cover lads, but I do !! I'm not one to run with the crowd and I like something different or unique as it sets my machines apart from the others, but that's just me I'm afraid. Milly, it wasn't my intention to make my logo 550 look like a goblin and I dont think it does, but hey, you cant win em all eh :-) lol

                            Garry
                            Last edited by Bluegarry1; 11-06-2015, 09:05 PM.
                            Logo690SX with Spirit System
                            Logo550SE with Spirit System
                            Logo 600SE/Uvular with Spirit System

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X