Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Align 730mx in to 550sx, is it possible?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Oh and is there any recommended upgrades required in addition to a standard kit? It seems most people are more than happy with it straight out of the box...
    T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
    T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
    AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
    DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
    Pheonix v5.

    Comment


    • #17
      TBH I wouldn't worry about the shim, I don't use it and i've had hundreds of flights on mine with no problem.

      No other upgrades required - it's a logo!
      Phil

      Comment


      • #18
        All ordered.... Ordered other 14 & 15t pinions to give options with a gov

        Thanks so much for your help... Is owning this going to make me want to sell my other trex...?! Lol
        T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
        T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
        AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
        DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
        Pheonix v5.

        Comment


        • #19
          No worries It can be a bit of a minefield trying to get non-combo setups to work so I'm happy to help!

          Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
          Is owning this going to make me want to sell my other trex...?! Lol
          I'm saying nothing...
          Phil

          Comment


          • #20
            Look forward to seeing you fit this together , I ran a Pyro 650-103 in mine and it was brilliant , again some mods required to make it fit using the Mod 1 gear set up !

            Im just in the process of fitting a Pyro 750-56 into my new Logo 600sx which should have loads of power ! On 10s !
            I love Logo helicopters to modify and work on !

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
              Oh and is there any recommended upgrades required in addition to a standard kit? It seems most people are more than happy with it straight out of the box...
              Buy and fit the Mikado anti-static kit for the logo 600. Absolutely should put this on. I've no idea why Mikado continue to sell the 550sx without the kit but it is pretty much required.

              Depends if it's the V1 or V2 550sx or not. For both versions getting the carbon plates on the tailcase parallel can be a major faff for some people, including myself. Before anyone parps up again, the 550/600/690 tailcase design works extremely well. It's just a pain sometimes to get it 'just right'. If you're one of those people that doesn't enjoy the faff then the Spedix tail box is a god-send and well worth buying.

              Likewise, for the V1 the Spedix frame stiffener pack can strengthen the lower frames significantly and save a lot of hassle in crashes. The V2, however, is a different layout in the lower frame and already has extra stiffening so the Spedix stiffener is no longer necessary. Nor will it actually fit on the V2.

              If you have the V2 or the V1 without the Spedix stiffener pack then it's a good idea to use 4 M3x10 nylon bolts to hold the undercarriage to the frame. One of the biggest reasons for having to replace frames is the legs coming away from the frame and the bolts taking the retaining lugs away with them. Using nylon bolts means the legs will still come away but the frames will remain intact when they do as the bolts will shear not the frame lugs.

              I'm not sure if the V2 550sx comes with the 690sx swashplate or not like the 600sx V2 does now. If it doesn't then all is still fine but if the model does crash and you bend the swashplate (unlikely but it's possible, the metal used isn't the strongest in the world) replace it with either the 690sx swash or the Quick UK swash. Both are stronger and the latter is much cheaper.

              That's all that I would say that could possibly be said for it in terms of 'upgrades'. The thing is, none of them (with the exception of the anti-static kit and nylon bolts) are absolutely necessary and will not make the model fly any better at all. They're either convenience or pocket pleasing.
              Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

              Comment


              • #22
                Quick UK have stopped making the swash plates so you will need to hunt high and low to find a second hand one. They do have the upgraded tail grips which is another must with either of the Logo's . But again they have stopped making them but have plenty left in stock.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I was told at the AHA opener last weekend that if you talk to Quick UK direct there is stock of the swashplate still available if you ask nicely.
                  Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
                    All ordered.... Ordered other 14 & 15t pinions to give options with a gov

                    Thanks so much for your help... Is owning this going to make me want to sell my other trex...?! Lol
                    Highly likely I'm afraid. Nothing wrong with Align's finest. They're just not Mikado's finest.
                    Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Bob H View Post
                      I was told at the AHA opener last weekend that if you talk to Quick UK direct there is stock of the swashplate still available if you ask nicely.
                      I spoke to Bud yesterday and he managed to build me one with some spare parts he had left, not sure if he has enough parts to do anymore though. You would need to phone him directly and ask. Its a great shame as the swash plates are bang on quality wise and far better than the standard item supplied in the kit.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by PaulJC View Post
                        TBH, it's a move i've done plenty of times and never had a problem before, i'm fairly certain something mechanical let go in the air but i'll never know, but yeah mid air explosion and bits went everywhere lol, not the spirits fault at all, i'd already had 6 packs on the spirit and it has been faultless, loops, flips, hard stop's, all no problem, tail felt a bit slow/soft so today i was trying to get the gain dialed in and it had a bit of a kick on full pitch climbouts and that was gonna be the next thing i looked at but i didnt get that far lol

                        I'm keeping my options open, ideally something that'll take my electronics as they are so i can buy a bare kit, and something different, wanted a Logo for a while so it's a major contender
                        I'm pleased the Spirit doesn't sound to blame and that new 550SX looks a really nice piece of kit. I've got a Logo 500 and 600 and the 500 is probably the most flown heli I own. I love it (Just the relatively crazy parts prices I'm not so fussed on!)
                        D
                        .......unless otherwise stated, all opinions are my own.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Rob Barnes View Post
                          I spoke to Bud yesterday and he managed to build me one with some spare parts he had left, not sure if he has enough parts to do anymore though. You would need to phone him directly and ask. Its a great shame as the swash plates are bang on quality wise and far better than the standard item supplied in the kit.
                          Agree entirely. The standard 500/600 swash is good enough not to ditch straight away but the Quick UK swash is/was miles better. A shame Bud sold all his machining tools really. As I said, from what others have posted on Hellifreaks the V2 600sx kits now have the 690sx swash in them. If the V2 550sx kits come with that swash as well then all is good.
                          Last edited by Bob H; 09-04-2015, 01:40 PM.
                          Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days lived

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I did notice the upgraded swash in the V2 kit and noticed it was a lot better quality than other ones ive had. However I just prefer the Quick UK one as the bearing inside is a lot stronger etc . But yes a great shame Bud has quit , something to do with cheap Chinese imports you cannot compete with .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Yeah we need a pic of a 550 v2 swash... Anyone?

                              Paul post a pic when it arrives please!
                              Phil

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                It should arrive tomorrow, I'll see what I can do

                                Nylon bolts is a given, have got a bag of them anyways I'll get the anti static kit ordered
                                T-REX 250 DFC: Hyperion HS2206-3900 / YEP18A / Mini K-Bar
                                T-REX 550 DFC Pro:
                                AR7200BX BeastX - Soon to be... Spirit FBL / CC Phoenix Edge 100 / CC Bec Pro / Optipower Ultraguard
                                DX8: Turnigy 4000mah Lipo
                                Pheonix v5.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X